Remaning schedule

eball

That is some convoluted logic. Is there any road game that they have a better chance of winning than any home game? Why is 8-0 so out of the realm of possibility? Skins, Jets, Fins, Titans, and Broncos. Although I'd say the odds are against them running the home table, to say they're "not going 8-0 at home" seems presumptuous. Not one of the five remaining home teams is any tougher than the Raiders or Patriots. It would be a tall order, but certainly possible.

Well duh anything is possible just like them winning out is possible but it will not happen. 8-0 at home will not happen with this team. The Bills were extremely fortunate to win the Oakland and NE games and yes none of the remaining Home match ups are that scary but since when can you chalk the bills in for a win just because they may be favored???

Your missing my point anyway. I feel that they will need to win more than 1 remaining away game if they are going to make the playoffs because you can't simple say they will win out at home this year.

Edited by kobe808lak

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win the home games (and the Game in Toronto) and all they need to do is win 1 road game to get to 10-6

At this point I'd be disappointed if they didn't win at Miami.

yep - totally agree: Possible road game win (I think 2 at least) - Cowboys, Dolphins, Jets, Chargers ?

Having lived on the West Coast for over 30 years and having attended many Bills' games out here, I say the San Diego game is the least likely to win. They rarely win out here.

I have attended games in SF, SD, LA, Oakland & Seattle and they've lost every game. (I did not attend the Kelly/Steve Young offensive explosion in SF and they won)

I am not going to SD for that game so they have a shot. :)

I was almost going to be pessimistic as i believe that 10-6 is great, but still doesn't you get into the playoffs this year.

However, if we the halfway point at 6-2 and start getting healthier...man, I don't think 11-5 is outside the realm of possibility.

The more wins this team has together under its belt and keeps getting better...

You can't pick out games in the NFL and say they'll win this game, lose that game. Especially when no one expected the Bills, Bengals and Lions to be contenders this season. The Bills could beat the Patriots and then lose to the Dolphins. That's just the way the NFL is.

Right now I see a .500 team from here: 3 up 2 down at home, 2 up 3 down on road. 9 & 7 record with some lowish tie breaker odds of getting wild card.

Teams are catching on fitz can't beat you deep, for all the investment in front 7 last 2 years we still can't stop the run or rush the passer, and bills tried and true injury bug is rearing it's ugly head.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

i know its too early too think about this but i think 10-6 should be able to get a WC

going up against for the WC's is: Bengals, Steelers, Texans/Titans (whichever lose that division), Chargers/Raiders (whichever lose that division), Jets

But we can just win the rest of the games and win the division then that doesnt matter

I too would be disappointed by anything short of a sweep against the Dolphins. We got a favorable schedule against them this year (down there in November and Buffalo in late December.) I'm not sure if we go 8-0 on the home slate (dumb that I even have to say that) but I'd say if we do we'd be more like a 11-5, 12-4 team because I don't see us going 8-0 at home and 1-7, 2-6 on the road.

Don't forget, we already have the all important tie-breaker vrs. Oakland.

Edited by Erik

Win the home games (and the Game in Toronto) and all they need to do is win 1 road game to get to 10-6

Thatd leave us 8-0 at hone and 2-6 on the road.... I'm guessing we come back to earth some and find 6-2 at home and 2-6 on the road? Obviously would be nice to steal one or two more. Could get lucky. I just wouldn't write everyone off just cause we beat the pats and raiders. Both were close, at home (Oakland doing the looong trip) and neither team is in most top 5 rankings today (granted, partially because we beat them). Both big wins for us, but hardly a promise that the rest of the home schedule is a gimme.

5 division games left and you shoot for 3-2.... Any better and you have a great chance.

I think it's entirely reasonable to expect a 10-6 season...in spite of the injuries, no deep threat on offense, lack of pass rush, the Florence-McKelvin dynamic duo, etc...

Here's how it could happen:

6 wins: both Miami games and the remaining home games against the Jets, Titans, Broncos, Skins.

4 losses: away games in NE, SD, NJ Jets, Dallas.

For those who don't think we can go 8-0 at home, then it could even out by us stealing one against mediocre Dallas or NJ. We may even win the final NE game if they are resting their starters at that point.

The 6 playoff favorites, including us, would likely be: Patriots, Ravens, Titans, Chargers, and then the Steelers and Bills for the wild card spots. Not worried about the Raiders as much since they lost Campbell for the year. The Bengals have yet to play the Steelers or Ravens and have beaten such juggernauts as the Browns, Jags, and Colts. The inconsistent Texans are getting hit hard with injuries and could easily finish the season less than 7-3.

They are surely going to need to win more than 1 more road game. They are not going 8-0 at home.

Why not?

Who Scares you at home? Washington? John Beck really frightens most of the league. A jets team that couldnt get a first down til the end of the 2nd quarter against the dolphins? Tennesse? Miami is winless and likely on a new coach by then. Tebow? I love our ball hawking defense against him.

7-0 1-0 in Toronto should be automatic. Especially how we have already beaten the Eagles, Patriots and Oakland at home

I hope Merriman gets back on the field. For whatever reason his presence brings something to the huddle and Lockerroom that makes this team feel like (and play like) winners. He may not be dominant on the field anymore, but I do think his absence at the Meadowlands hurt the Bills.

He's been the 'QB' of the defense. He's been diagnosing the blocking schemes and making the on field adjustments.

I see the Bills easily beating the Phins twice, and the Broncos at home. So, that's 3 wins. (7-2)

As far as the other 7 games go...

Feel free to chalk up 4 losses (SD, NE, DAL, TEN) and I think the Bills can still be okay, because I believe three games will determine the entire season. They must go 2-1 in these three games. (9-7)

1. New York Jets... at home, the Bills can win it.

2. New York Jets... the Bills can not be swept by the Jets this year. If they do, they are done.

3. Washington Redskins... the Bills need to regain their confidence... NOW. I don't think the team can lose 3 games in a four game stretch psychologically. Losing to a team they should beat while coming off a bye week would be disasterous for their ego.

If the Bills sweep these three games, I can't fathom them being worse than 10-6. If the Bills lose one of these games, I think they still have a chance, but if they lose two or three... it's time to think about next year.

With that said, the next game is the most important one. Everyone says that, but I think this year... it may be true.

I see the Bills easily beating the Phins twice, and the Broncos at home. So, that's 3 wins. (7-2)

As far as the other 7 games go...

Feel free to chalk up 4 losses (SD, NE, DAL, TEN) and I think the Bills can still be okay, because I believe three games will determine the entire season. They must go 2-1 in these three games. (9-7)

1. New York Jets... at home, the Bills can win it.

2. New York Jets... the Bills can not be swept by the Jets this year. If they do, they are done.

3. Washington Redskins... the Bills need to regain their confidence... NOW. I don't think the team can lose 3 games in a four game stretch psychologically. Losing to a team they should beat while coming off a bye week would be disasterous for their ego.

If the Bills sweep these three games, I can't fathom them being worse than 10-6. If the Bills lose one of these games, I think they still have a chance, but if they lose two or three... it's time to think about next year.

With that said, the next game is the most important one. Everyone says that, but I think this year... it may be true.

Agree with this but in a different way, you can never count on division wins. The 14-2 Patriots got their 1 from the 4-12 dolphins.

The Dolphins are going to play the Bills on Miami like its the super Bowl. They last thing they want is their basement dweller co-inhabitant making the playoffs.

If they go 4-2 or 3-3 in the division.

Those road games against SD and Dal are lynch pins in a playoff run. If they get Ws the sky is the limit.

I don't think Ten AT Buf is chalked up as a loss.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Home games: Skins (yes, I know it's Toronto), Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Titans -- Bills will be favored in four of those games, and probably even against the Jets. I'd expect 4-1, and 5-0 is not out of the question.

Road games: Cowboys, Dolphins, Jets, Chargers, Pats* -- Bills will be dogs in four out of five, but the Cowboys, Jets, and Chargers have been anything but dominant. All of those games should go down to the wire.

Bottom line: if the Bills can get a little healthier, my preseason prediction of 11-5 still isn't out of the question, and 10-6 is far from a longshot.

Agreed.

Why not?

Who Scares you at home? Washington? John Beck really frightens most of the league. A jets team that couldnt get a first down til the end of the 2nd quarter against the dolphins? Tennesse? Miami is winless and likely on a new coach by then. Tebow? I love our ball hawking defense against him.

7-0 1-0 in Toronto should be automatic. Especially how we have already beaten the Eagles, Patriots and Oakland at home

Even if you go off the assumption that we are "better" than all of those teams I'd also assume one day we will come out cold, or they'll have a great gameplan or we might have some matchup they exploit. Saying any game is automatic is silly. A team like Miami is talented, if they have nothing to lose, they might come out and surprise you. I'm not going to try to pick which one we lose but we probably will miss one along the way