Maybin has 0.5 less sacks than our entire team

deep2evans

Maybin was getting swallowed up consistently in TC by Ed Wang. Then in the preseason opener he got blown up by a RB, Didnt break down on a punt return and looked like hed never run around a cone before. He looked awful. He showed up to camp weighing 4 pounds more than our kicker.

If I'm Nix and Gailey, I'm moving on. He showed absolutly nothing all of last year and in TC this year. He didnt listen to the coaches that told him to bulk up and wasnt well liked on the team. I'm not happy that he is playing "well" for another team but to say Gailey/Nix made a mistake is just silly. There was very little evidence Maybin could play at this level in 2 years. Time to cut bait and move on.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell cares? I mean, besides the type of people who are eager to shout "maybin sucks!" while he's a bill only to scream "why did we cut him?" when he's not... the subject of aaron maybin brings out dialog straight from a romper room.

It's nothing more than the difference between having an aggressive, innovative D co-ordinator and a guy who is just coaching scared.

+1

I'm tired of the Aaron Maybin watch. He was given every chance here and failed. If he ends up succeeding with another team on his second chance, I guess good for him.

I personally wanted us to keep him, as I saw a higher upside to him than to guys like Coleman and Eddins. But I understand why the Bills cut him--he didn't do anything in two years. And the past is the past.

Do you really want to keep a guy around who didn't want to be here? It's quite obvious he didn't have the desire to play in Buffalo. I'm glad the bum is gone. He barely beat a running back (ran around him) to sack Rivers. Big f'n deal.

There's no "moving on" because the issue is that we blew a recent first round pick on this guy. To all of those saying he's one-dimensional and a scheme player, he's proving to be very effective in that role. The main lesson that I hope Gailey and Nix learn from this disaster is to avoid drafting guys like Maybin, who aren't motivated to play in Buffalo and don't have a veteran, successful pass rush and quality defensive coaching like Baltimore, San Francisco, or the Jets.

I think the players we've taken this year work much harder and are hungry to make an impact. The rookie salary cap helps keep rookies grounded, and I think it's a great thing for teams without quality veterans to motivate brash young players like Maybin or Whitner.

Here is the issue. We are upset because Maybn has 3 sacks in 3 games and our team could use a pass rush. Maybin would not help at all on this team. One sack in the 1st quarter would do nothing. He is barely in the game. He can't play the run so he is used sparingly, I watched the game. We need consistent, I repeat CONSISTENT, pressure on the QB. Just because he got past the RB one play and they had one extra guy on the field where he wasn't blocked another, does not mae him good. I don't wish him the worst, but he wouldn't help.

Here is the issue. We are upset because Maybn has 3 sacks in 3 games and our team could use a pass rush. Maybin would not help at all on this team. One sack in the 1st quarter would do nothing. He is barely in the game. He can't play the run so he is used sparingly, I watched the game. We need consistent, I repeat CONSISTENT, pressure on the QB. Just because he got past the RB one play and they had one extra guy on the field where he wasn't blocked another, does not mae him good. I don't wish him the worst, but he wouldn't help.

Which is clear to anyone that actually saw these "sacks" instead of seeing the stat line.