Maybin has 0.5 less sacks than our entire team

deep2evans

He looks a lot better than he ever did up here in B-LO. The image of Matt Light toying with him like a little kid from a year or two ago is burned into my brain.

Thats not very hard to do. Anything is better than what he was doing in Buffalo. But I still dont think his statistical success in NY is indicative of him developing into a consistent nfl caliber pass rusher.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When The Jets run their blitz packages, they usually send 7 or 8 guys. Eventually SOMEONE will get through. Aaron Maybin was unblocked on a couple of those blitzes versus the Chargers. He is too small to be any threat, thats why San Diego didnt account for him. Their is a picture of Aaron sacking Rivers. If you compare their sizes it looks as though Rivers is bigger. The stats that Aaron Maybin is getting are completely circumstantial. The Jets just throw him out there hopefully he wont get blocked. He cannot shake any blocks. Danny Woodhead could lay him out. The Jets are only using him to spite the Bills to get in their heads. They plan on making him a defensive captian for the Bills games. I hope Jackson lays his ass out. CANT WAIT!! (Bart Scott)

When The Jets run their blitz packages, they usually send 7 or 8 guys. Eventually SOMEONE will get through. Aaron Maybin was unblocked on a couple of those blitzes versus the Chargers. He is too small to be any threat, thats why San Diego didnt account for him. Their is a picture of Aaron sacking Rivers. If you compare their sizes it looks as though Rivers is bigger. The stats that Aaron Maybin is getting are completely circumstantial. The Jets just throw him out there hopefully he wont get blocked. He cannot shake any blocks. Danny Woodhead could lay him out. The Jets are only using him to spite the Bills to get in their heads. They plan on making him a defensive captian for the Bills games. I hope Jackson lays his ass out. CANT WAIT!! (Bart Scott)

Ryan is a good schemer. His bread and butter is overloading your weak side with three rushers. Often while sending an extra rusher up the middle. It's simple numbers. But it all depends on the CBs you have.

GO BILLS!!!

14 pages and still going.

I think a lot of Maybins early success, is by and large, that there isn't much tape on him out there. And the tape that is out there doesn't put him in a very good light. So teams don't think much of it when he is in the game. They think, hey, I'll just put a running back on him or whatever and be done with it. Which has worked out decently for maybin. The problem is teams, definitely the bills, could start game planning for him. Throw a chip block or double team at him or hell an actual OT. And when that happens, I believe maybin will be all but shut down. He doesn't have any secret move, like a spin or bull rush or swim move. He's a one trick pony. He has been put into great situations to get those sacks, but honestly when teams figure that out, he's done IMO.

Ryan is a good schemer. His bread and butter is overloading your weak side with three rushers. Often while sending an extra rusher up the middle. It's simple numbers. But it all depends on the CBs you have.

GO BILLS!!!

Over 2 and almost a half seasons Rex's defense has gotten over 20 sacks from defensive backs.

Go pack and watch each of his 3 sacks. He has yet to beat an NFL caliber OT with his speed move. He does hustle though, I cant deny that.

Our active LBs don't have a single sack between them! I wish they had any kind of "move" that allowed them to get to the QB. Right now the only movement they have is bowel related lol

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

+1

I also think being cut twice was a huge wakeup call and he is digging deeper than he ever did playing for us.

Edited by Fan in San Diego