Bills/G-men prediction page

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am eating crow and I am loving it. I obviously didn't see what Chan saw in our offensive line and they have proven me wrong 4 out of 5 games. If we can keep running the ball and keep Fitz upright, we roll!

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the "drafting a whitner" quote in your sig...I will certainly start using it in my everyday vernacular

No predictions here, but I'm more confident about this game than I was going into Cinci. Folks, the Giants were embarrassed by SEATTLE in NJ last weekend, when the crackerjack QB combo of Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst threw for over 310 and 2 scores against them.

Could be another watershed moment for these Bills.

35-27 Bills.

I think if we can get pressure on Eli like we did to Vick, and force him to throw where he doesn't want to, we'll win the turnover battle again.

I think our screen and short/intermediate passing game wins this one for us again.

This has the opportunity to be another great Buffalo Sports weekend (Friday and Saturday Sabres games, close it out Sunday with a Bills game!)

No prediction on the score with X-X, but here is how I see it:

The Giants defense versus the Bills offense is the matchup of the game.

Can the Bills keep the Giants from crowding the box to stop the run/short passes by opening their defense with deeper pass plays?

Can the Giants defense pick up on the Bills' screens and defend them well?

Can the Giants exploit their pass rushing edge to force Fitzpatrick into bad throws during passing plays?

Will the Bills be able to survive with a majority of run plays called and produce sustained drives that produce touchdowns instead of ones that gain us just 3 or no points that end up in punts, or worse, turnovers?

We can run the ball and the Giants can't stop the run well, but what happens when the Giants overcommit short and they dare us to throw longer passes?

I say that we will have problems containing the Giants' pass rush (18 sacks) and exploiting their overcommital to stopping the run, resulting in uncharacteristic turnovers. This will result in a low scoring game that will hinge on special teams. Look to see a final score of 40 total points or less- it will be an ugly game that the Bills, if truly aware of what happened against Cincinnati, should win.

Edited by BmoreBills

WR weak?? Not so. We have 2 great receivers in our back field. Look for them to be used more. Giants great pass rush?? Screens and shuffle passes will hold everybody up. We, meaning Bill's fans have to start looking at all our positive people that have been contributing ever week. Seems like somebody different every week except for Fred. That is thanks to Chan. Be positive and great things will happen.

Bills 34- Giants 24

While I hold no ill will toward the Giants and actually enjoy watching them beat the Cowboys and Eagles, this week pits them against our beloved Bills. 4 - 1 is a nice feeling, but 5 - 1 looks even better.

Let's break down the matchup:

Giants on offense

Giants are tied for 9th in scoring, are 13th in passing yards and 28th in rushing. This is extremely suspect for a Giants team known for rushing the ball down the throat of the other team. They are also horrid on 3rd down, ranking 29th in the league. Manning thinks he is an elite QB, but he isn't. Flashes of brilliance does not make elite status and Bradshaw running has just been terrible. Get into Eli's face and he folds like a novice at a Texas Hold'em Tournament.

Giants on defense

Another strength of the Giants has, for this year so far, been average at best. 19th in points allowed, 20th in passing yards allowed, 17th in rushing yards allowed and 19th overall. The one good mark on them is they are leading the league with 18 QB sacks. They are also +2 on turnovers.

Bills on offense

Bills offense is almost Marv Levy, Jim Kelly-ish this year. 3rd in Points scored, 12th in passing, 3rd in rushing and 13th overall, with only five turnovers and no fumbles lost this year so far. Fitzpatrick has been a diamond in the. . .the entire offensive side of the ball has been diamonds in the rough. Who would have thought? Even the much maligned OLine has protected Fitz for the tune of only six sacks all year, including none allowed by Wilfork, Babin or Seymour. The Bills are also 12th in 3rd down success rate, making almost 40%.

Bills of defense

This is definitely a stat where numbers can be deceiving. On paper, the bills give up millions of yards. 26th passing, 29th rushing, 30th overall. But, with all those yards, the Bills are 15th in points allowed. This is primarily because of their opportunistic defense coming up with 16 turnovers in 5 games and having a +11 advantage. Alot of this is luck, but alot is prepping, coaching and reading the offensive scheme, something no one believed the Bills could do.

POSITION BY POSITION

QB: Eli can be rattled. Fitz is ice cold. Bills edge

RB: Bradshaw's been a bust, Jackson's been heaven sent. BILLS ADVANTAGE

WR/TE: This is a push 100%. EVEN

OL: Fitz = six sacks. Jackson = 400yds rushing. Eli = 14 sacks. Giants: Less than half of Jackson's rushing. Even Spiller has more than Bradshaw. BILLS ADVANTAGE

DL: 16 of their 18 sacks come from their DEs. GIANTS ADVANTAGE

LB: Theirs are capable, Bills are performing. Merriman has two sacks in the last two games. Barnett is a beast. Bills edge

DB: Interceptions a-plenty. BILLS ADVANTAGE

ST: This is a push. EVEN

Coaching: The Giants are a soap opera. Chan has the team completely focused and bought into the system. Bills advantage.

Even = 0

edge = +1

ADVANTAGE = +2

Bills - 9

Giants - 2

EVEN = 2

The NFC East looks down. Giants lost to doormat Seattle, lost to a pretending Redskins team, beat an immensely talented Philadelpha team, beatup a bad Rams team and barely beat an over-rated Cardinals team.

Bills look to be on the upswing. Bills beat a focused Raiders team, a down Chiefs team, a marquee Patriots team and an immensely talented Eagles team, while losing to an upswinging Cincy team.

The Giants are -3.5, meaning they are the favorite in the Meadowlands. The over/under is 50.

Bills to win. Go for the under.

Final score: 28 - 21 Bills.

I would like it if Kyle Williams could play in this game. If we are able to pressure Eli Manning with 4 or 5 players I think we can win this game. It will be close. I'll say 24-23 Buffalo.

I think we win this one big.

Those trying to hype the Fewell factor need to remember: (1) Fewell played under the Jauron regime and the philosophy has changed (2) The players on D were vastly different (3) The O is a lot better causing the D to play differently. Fewell's Bills background is a non-factor.

(Side note - Notice that both the OC and DC held those positions with the Bills. I dont think any other team has that combination)

It looks like Brandon Jacobs will not play in this game which hopefully makes the Giants throw the ball more often. I'd much rather put the game on Eli's shoulders than have the Giants run up and down the field on us b/c eventually you know Eli will throw anywhere from 1-3 int's if he's dropping back 40 times.

We potentially have several key players who may not start this game: KW, Barnett, Merriman, Kelsay. Though I technically wouldn't consider Merriman/Kelsay to be key, our LB corps is going to be reaaaally thin for this game making their absence huge in case anyone else goes down or even b/c of fatigue throughout the game. I'm looking forward to watching Moats get the start however - he's put pressure on the QB whenever he's been in the game. McGee looks to return ths sunday and hopefully that'll sure up our secondary a bit.

As for our offense, I'd give them a heavy dose of quick slants and screen passes in the passing game. Unlike last week however, we need to utilize the play action more often this week. Did we even run a play action pass last week??? Hopefuly we can get another huge game from Freddie J and then throw a couple of play action bombs (even if you don't complete them) just to keep the DL/LB's of the giants honest.

Should be a really entertaining game - CAN'T WAIT! :thumbsup:

BILLS 24

GIANTS 21

Edited by bobobonators

Bills 20

Giants 34

Our pass rush struggles and Nicks and Cruz eat us alive. I'd love to be wrong, of course. I just think the injury reports and past play are pointing to a down week. Now if they were playing at home....

I just hope to go into the bye week without any more significant injuries.