Bills/G-men prediction page

While I hold no ill will toward the Giants and actually enjoy watching them beat the Cowboys and Eagles, this week pits them against our beloved Bills. 4 - 1 is a nice feeling, but 5 - 1 looks even better.

Let's break down the matchup:

Giants on offense

Giants are tied for 9th in scoring, are 13th in passing yards and 28th in rushing. This is extremely suspect for a Giants team known for rushing the ball down the throat of the other team. They are also horrid on 3rd down, ranking 29th in the league. Manning thinks he is an elite QB, but he isn't. Flashes of brilliance does not make elite status and Bradshaw running has just been terrible. Get into Eli's face and he folds like a novice at a Texas Hold'em Tournament.

Giants on defense

Another strength of the Giants has, for this year so far, been average at best. 19th in points allowed, 20th in passing yards allowed, 17th in rushing yards allowed and 19th overall. The one good mark on them is they are leading the league with 18 QB sacks. They are also +2 on turnovers.

Bills on offense

Bills offense is almost Marv Levy, Jim Kelly-ish this year. 3rd in Points scored, 12th in passing, 3rd in rushing and 13th overall, with only five turnovers and no fumbles lost this year so far. Fitzpatrick has been a diamond in the. . .the entire offensive side of the ball has been diamonds in the rough. Who would have thought? Even the much maligned OLine has protected Fitz for the tune of only six sacks all year, including none allowed by Wilfork, Babin or Seymour. The Bills are also 12th in 3rd down success rate, making almost 40%.

Bills of defense

This is definitely a stat where numbers can be deceiving. On paper, the bills give up millions of yards. 26th passing, 29th rushing, 30th overall. But, with all those yards, the Bills are 15th in points allowed. This is primarily because of their opportunistic defense coming up with 16 turnovers in 5 games and having a +11 advantage. Alot of this is luck, but alot is prepping, coaching and reading the offensive scheme, something no one believed the Bills could do.

POSITION BY POSITION

QB: Eli can be rattled. Fitz is ice cold. Bills edge

RB: Bradshaw's been a bust, Jackson's been heaven sent. BILLS ADVANTAGE

WR/TE: This is a push 100%. EVEN

OL: Fitz = six sacks. Jackson = 400yds rushing. Eli = 14 sacks. Giants: Less than half of Jackson's rushing. Even Spiller has more than Bradshaw. BILLS ADVANTAGE

DL: 16 of their 18 sacks come from their DEs. GIANTS ADVANTAGE

LB: Theirs are capable, Bills are performing. Merriman has two sacks in the last two games. Barnett is a beast. Bills edge

DB: Interceptions a-plenty. BILLS ADVANTAGE

ST: This is a push. EVEN

Coaching: The Giants are a soap opera. Chan has the team completely focused and bought into the system. Bills advantage.

Even = 0

edge = +1

ADVANTAGE = +2

Bills - 9

Giants - 2

EVEN = 2

The NFC East looks down. Giants lost to doormat Seattle, lost to a pretending Redskins team, beat an immensely talented Philadelpha team, beatup a bad Rams team and barely beat an over-rated Cardinals team.

Bills look to be on the upswing. Bills beat a focused Raiders team, a down Chiefs team, a marquee Patriots team and an immensely talented Eagles team, while losing to an upswinging Cincy team.

The Giants are -3.5, meaning they are the favorite in the Meadowlands. The over/under is 50.

Bills to win. Go for the under.

Final score: 28 - 21 Bills.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants are a team that can turn it on and off seemingly whenever. This is a very scary game because when Eli is on and their pass rush is in full force, they are a very dangerous team.

Matchup kinda reminds me of the Vikings game last year when their dline just abused us. I feel like our oline is light years ahead of where it was last year, but still scared. Pray that Tuck sits. Osi and Paul-Pierre will bring heat on Fitz regardless.

I think Bill's win but it's gonna be a close one.

If the Bills can force Eli to be bad, bumbling Eli, Bills 31, Giants 20. If Good Eli shows up, Giants 28, Bills 21

Depends on (1) if Eli shows up and/or if we can get in his face; and (2) if our suprising O-line can continue it's success against a great pass rush

If the Bills can force Eli to be bad, bumbling Eli, Bills 31, Giants 20. If Good Eli shows up, Giants 28, Bills 21

This.

If the Bills can pressure Eli into mistakes (read: turnovers) the Bills win. If they can't, the Bills lose - perhaps by double digits. Road wins in the NFL aren't easy and if the Bills lose the turnover battle I haven't seen anything from this team that leads me to believe they can win on the road.

That being said, I think the Bills can pressure Manning into a few picks...

Bills 24 Giants 20

This is the first time I've read one of these breakdowns and actually changed my prediction significantly as a result! Kudos!

Our defense has the potential to turn Eli into a turnover machine and Fitz's quick release will keep the Giants DE's in check. I think every one is still a little hesitant when picking the bills so they've got all the motivation they need to go into Giant Stadium and prove something.

Bills 27

Giants 17

Don't like this game for the following reasons:

* We're too thin at WR now - this will force us into more a conventional attack.

* Pierre Paul is a beast and will make Fitzpatrick's day a long and miserable one.

Like it for the following:

* Giants D Line is nicked up

* Eli can be rattled

Going with the gut here - sorry

Giants 27

Bills 13

I honestly don't know whats going to happen on Sunday. The question is which Bills show up, the Bills who showed up against New Englannd or the Bills who showed against Cincy. Also, which Giants team shows up they are an on and off team. I'm just hopeful that Fitz and the Bills will come out strong and play well all four quarters.

Edited by Cub Reporter