Man, everybody is picking the Eagles this week!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Eagle's in a spot where this really is a season making/breaking game for them - but not for the Bills. I would expect that the Eagle's will play like a cornered animal and that could make for a long afternoon. I hope I'm wrong.

You ain't wrong. These mofos are backed up against a wall. All our boys are going to have to earn their supper on Sunday.

On ESPN's site, everybody except one guy picks Philly. Even billsdaily.com picks the Eagles.

Let me ask you this: Would you rather play poorly and lose, or play great and lose? The team was way off last week, and they only lost by a last second field goal on the road to a clearly inspired Cincinnati team.....with a LOT of help from the officials. This week we are at home. We are underdogs. That's not right.

Philly will be tough, but I believe our team will come out and play solid. Maybe this is good that we don't have a great pass rush. Vick would run right thru it anyway. Let's keep him in the pocket and move on.

Get those arms up boys and knock the ball.

Totally different teams.

Totally different QB. This one has made a career out of running and he's the best in the NFL at doing it right now. Philly is good and pissed off. Chan really needs the Bills to make 3rd downs, keep the chains moving, eat up the clock and score > 24.

They're frustrated, Buffalo needs to prove themselves...frustration never wins. The Bills have to stop the run and rush vick on passing downs. The front three have to contain, the rush has to come from the linebackers. Run the leftside, hairston is a better run blocker than bell. Expect more push on the left...Chan run the g-d ball.

I am not pickeing the Eagles, but, I have to admit, when Bills fever hit its' peak, after the Pats game, this game just scares me...their offensive strengths counter the Bills defensive weaknesses pretty nicely for them. It could be a long day, or, as I am hoping, the Bills keep up on offensively, and win another shootout...unless (keeping my fingers crossed) the defensive coaches answer the bell, and come up with something new...Eagles just have so much speed, and so many playmakers, pressuring Vick into mistakes might be our only shot...they can do it!

That's kind of my thinking too - it just feels like a bad matchup.

OTOH, 3 other teams have managed to beat them - hopefully the Bills can match one of those patterns.

You ain't wrong. These mofos are backed up against a wall. All our boys are going to have to earn their supper on Sunday.

cornered animal? The eagles are what they are, an overhyped team with a weak coach. This is going to be a cake walk for the Bills. We have real players on this team and the eagles are just hot air. I'd love to take that $100 bet with that eagles fan that posted earlier. Freddie and Nelson are going to put big numbers on the board. Andy reid will be making more excuses about his poor coaching and the media will be questioning weather or not vick should go back to prison just so he can get on the comeback trail again. vick sucked before he got married to luther in prison and he sucks today.

Man now that I think about it....talk about no respect. We are 3-1 and at home and they are 1-3 and away- AND WE ARE STILL THE DOGS! Gimme a break, this game is scary and all, but I hope we beat the hell out of them. It would be great to go 4-1 and put them at 1-4 especially since I'm down here in Delaware in "Eagles Country" !

Go Bills!

As a fellow Delawarean, I find it comical that the Eagles/Bills game is getting ZERO coverage on both of the local sports talkers in Philly. The hosts have buried the Birds and the callers either don't care or speak ill of the team. It's basically getting the same coverage as a preseason game. Plus, it's all Phillies, all the time. Indifference has taken over in Eagles Land.

Personally I'm rooting for a Chicken Little kinda weekend in the Delaware and Brandywine Valleys: Phillies lose, Eagles lose.

GO BILLS!

Edited by The Kaz

On ESPN's site, everybody except one guy picks Philly. Even billsdaily.com picks the Eagles.

Let me ask you this: Would you rather play poorly and lose, or play great and lose? The team was way off last week, and they only lost by a last second field goal on the road to a clearly inspired Cincinnati team.....with a LOT of help from the officials. This week we are at home. We are underdogs. That's not right.

Philly will be tough, but I believe our team will come out and play solid. Maybe this is good that we don't have a great pass rush. Vick would run right thru it anyway. Let's keep him in the pocket and move on.

I just watched NFL playbook on buffalobills.com and 3 of the 4 guys (Sterling Sharpe, Joe Theisman, and Brian Baldinger) picked the Bills to win. I kind of like when people pick against us like little Mike from "Mike and Mike in the morning" did this morning on ESPN. I think proving people wrong is whole lot more fun.

My keys on Defense for victory on Sunday.

1. This is a frustrated team, in fact one might say that they're not a team at all, but merely a collection of individuals. If we can frustrate them early, it bodes well for the rest of the game, as Vick & Co will make mistakes in desparation.

2. Stuff the receivers off the line, and protect the outside routes. Make Vick throw into the middle of the field where he's more vulnerable.

3. With the Eagles O-Line, Vick will have barely 3 sec to get the ball off, get our hands in his face as often as possible.

4. Put Batten/Barnet, or Wilson scouting Vick, playing short field middle zone.

5. Do not ever allow McKelvin man to man on Jackson, make sure he has help in either zone, or doubled with Byrd.

6. Hey, how about we actually design some blitz packages in this game, and actually use them, both run and pass blitz should be effective against this O-Line.

My Keys on Offense:

1. The middle for the Eagles is where we need to attack them, Chandler, Spiller, Freddy, Rosevelt, Nelson all could have big games here.

2. Run the ball with Freddy through the middle, and with CJ in bubble screens, or pitch-outs.

3. Accuracy will be key for Fitzy, he needs to not turn the ball over in this game. Better to punt than to turn it over.

4. Field goals are ok in this game, scoring points when we can is what we should be doing. TD's are great but inside the 35 I'll take 3 all day long.

5. 3rd down and short, or manageable distance. We need to extend drives and keep Vick off the field.

6. Use Brad in the wildcat on 2nd and 3rd and short situations. Maybe have him throw the damn ball a few times, as this will have the effect on the DC who probably hasn't planned for it.

All in all, pretty basic stuff, and execution is the word of the day. If we execute, we win, if we don't we lose.

Bills 27 Eagles 20

Tim-

We didn't contain a rookie QB in only his 4th NFL game.

And now Vick? Hoo boy. Someone on the D coaching staff had better come up with something. Vick may run for > 100 unless they do.

Yes, because no team has ever done poorly one week and then come back the next week, nor has any team improved. Hey, they got twice as many interceptions against Brady as against Dalton.

I just hope we don't see a repeat of 2003 (Eagles at 0-2 go to 2-1 Buffalo, win, and go on to a 12-4 record from there while the Bills fall to 6-10). While I think we have earned a little more credit they are giving us (picking a 1-3 team to beat us), it is so much nicer to be in the underdog roll and prove people wrong.

It is going to come down to who has the better offense tomorrow.

QB advantage: Eagles - Vick is far more dangerous than Fitz however the Eagles O line is much worse. Slight edge to Philly.

WR advantage: Eagles - Maclin and D. Jackson vs our secondary....

RB advantage: Even - Jackson should find some big holes tomorrow but McCoy is a great young back who can catch passes too.

Offensively, we're about even, even with Vick. We have a great one-two with Spiller and Jackson, and a good WR scheme for their D.

Defensively, we have a slightly better run D, which isn't saying much, and they have a better pass rush, which given past games we should hold up to. Secondary seems pretty even. Given Dalton's success running around, I gotta think Ron Mexico runs wild on us.

Questions to be answered on Sunday:

•  
  • Will Merriman finally show up?
  • Will the talented Dream Team individuals play as a team?

Overall two equal teams, even though we're 3-1 and they're 1-3. Home crowd is the only thing that gives us an edge, based on past games.

33-30 Bills in OT.

Offensively, we're about even, even with Vick. We have a great one-two with Spiller and Jackson, and a good WR scheme for their D.

Defensively, we have a slightly better run D, which isn't saying much, and they have a better pass rush, which given past games we should hold up to. Secondary seems pretty even. Given Dalton's success running around, I gotta think Ron Mexico runs wild on us.

Questions to be answered on Sunday:

•  
  • Will Merriman finally show up?
  • Will the talented Dream Team individuals play as a team?

Overall two equal teams, even though we're 3-1 and they're 1-3. Home crowd is the only thing that gives us an edge, based on past games.

33-30 Bills in OT.

I agree that it will probably be a high scoring, close game. But you lost me with the bolded part. Spiller??? He barely sees the field?

My keys on Defense for victory on Sunday.

1. This is a frustrated team, in fact one might say that they're not a team at all, but merely a collection of individuals. If we can frustrate them early, it bodes well for the rest of the game, as Vick & Co will make mistakes in desparation.

2. Stuff the receivers off the line, and protect the outside routes. Make Vick throw into the middle of the field where he's more vulnerable.

3. With the Eagles O-Line, Vick will have barely 3 sec to get the ball off, get our hands in his face as often as possible.

4. Put Batten/Barnet, or Wilson scouting Vick, playing short field middle zone.

5. Do not ever allow McKelvin man to man on Jackson, make sure he has help in either zone, or doubled with Byrd.

6. Hey, how about we actually design some blitz packages in this game, and actually use them, both run and pass blitz should be effective against this O-Line.

My Keys on Offense:

1. The middle for the Eagles is where we need to attack them, Chandler, Spiller, Freddy, Rosevelt, Nelson all could have big games here.

2. Run the ball with Freddy through the middle, and with CJ in bubble screens, or pitch-outs.

3. Accuracy will be key for Fitzy, he needs to not turn the ball over in this game. Better to punt than to turn it over.

4. Field goals are ok in this game, scoring points when we can is what we should be doing. TD's are great but inside the 35 I'll take 3 all day long.

5. 3rd down and short, or manageable distance. We need to extend drives and keep Vick off the field.

6. Use Brad in the wildcat on 2nd and 3rd and short situations. Maybe have him throw the damn ball a few times, as this will have the effect on the DC who probably hasn't planned for it.

All in all, pretty basic stuff, and execution is the word of the day. If we execute, we win, if we don't we lose.

Bills 27 Eagles 20

Tim-

Number three: Vick will have barely 3 sec to get the ball off. - Really? I hope you're right. It will be the first time in a couple of games that's happened.