wow...the media is sliding off the bandwagon

the news over on tbd seems bent on bursting the bubble based on the Cincinnatti game. Of course they raise some valid points regarding defense in general, our lack of a pass rush, etc. However, we have put up a lot of points, we are close to the lead in interceptions and we are, in the final analysis, 3_1 and have defeated New England. I've watched Dallas, the Jets, and the Eagles and nobody is jumping from their ships, even with horrid records and horrid football play.

I said it before the season and I'll say it again with confidence. If we got to the bye week 3-3 we would be in line to get a nine win season which is what we should have demanded at the outset. We have 3 wins with two games to go before the bye week. Nine wins is still what we should demand and so far this crew is delivering it.

Are we going suck again this season? Probably...most teams do at some point. The good and great teams get up and play better the next week. Much as I hate the Patsies, they have a habit of never losing two games in a row. We might take that concept from their playbook.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I had the Bills beating Cincy pre season prediction, I had them losing to the Patriots, so I'm still 3 - 1 where I thought they'd be at this time. :)

I'm over the Cincy loss, let's move on. I have great seats for the Eagles game and the word is that the weather is going to cooperate around 75 degrees Sunday.. Woot!

Go Bills!

I think there's a real good chance (If we beat Philly) to go on to beat the Giants and go into the bye 5 - 1. Not bad!

Tim-

the news over on tbd seems bent on bursting the bubble based on the Cincinnatti game. Of course they raise some valid points regarding defense in general, our lack of a pass rush, etc. However, we have put up a lot of points, we are close to the lead in interceptions and we are, in the final analysis, 3_1 and have defeated New England. I've watched Dallas, the Jets, and the Eagles and nobody is jumping from their ships, even with horrid records and horrid football play.

I said it before the season and I'll say it again with confidence. If we got to the bye week 3-3 we would be in line to get a nine win season which is what we should have demanded at the outset. We have 3 wins with two games to go before the bye week. Nine wins is still what we should demand and so far this crew is delivering it.

Are we going suck again this season? Probably...most teams do at some point. The good and great teams get up and play better the next week. Much as I hate the Patsies, they have a habit of never losing two games in a row. We might take that concept from their playbook.

Great post. This team was not going to go undefeated after all. This is a process. People should relax and enjoy the ride. A 9 or 10 win season and competing for the playoffs would be a fair expectation and well beyopnd what most fans and NFL observers expected.

Although I had the Bills beating Cincy pre season prediction, I had them losing to the Patriots, so I'm still 3 - 1 where I thought they'd be at this time. :)

I'm over the Cincy loss, let's move on. I have great seats for the Eagles game and the word is that the weather is going to cooperate around 75 degrees Sunday.. Woot!

Go Bills!

I think there's a real good chance (If we beat Philly) to go on to beat the Giants and go into the bye 5 - 1. Not bad!

Tim-

Giants will crush us. So stop dreaming

And Philly will beat us too. The problem with the Bills is we play up or down to the opponents we face.

We beat the tough teams and lose to the horrible teams.

I hope the media is sliding off. The Bills need to concentrate on football. I feel the last couple weeks have been way too much exposure for guys that are now trying to live up to it. Stick to what we do best, not worry about the national attention. You cant tell me it doesnt change players perspectives of themselves and their teams abilities.

And Philly will beat us too. The problem with the Bills is we play up or down to the opponents we face.

that has not been the case at all this year. unless you think the chiefs are a "tough" team.

This team has always had the MO of beating the easy teams, but never beating a tough team. that is the way it has been for a decade. we lose to ravens, steelers, pats*, jests and we beat chiefs, bengals, indy's backups, raiders when they sucked, etc.

the problem with the bills is they just are not as good as the elite teams. Our oline has been solid this year, but put them up against a top 5 defense, and jackson gets stopped and fitz gets pressured, then our entire offense is ruined.

Then have elite WR go up against our DBS, and our defense gets smoked, tired, and out of breath.

If the problem was the bills take the easy teams too easy, then that score of the chiefs game would read like 14-10. not 45-7 or whatever it was.

with that said, we might be able to beat philly with the oline problems they are having and their defense being terrible. but the giants, and probably the cowgirls, are going to own us in all phases of the game. and gawd help this team when brady comes back for revenge. but the jests and phins don't scare me. it is more than realistic we beat each of them at least once.

this team has at least 4-5 more wins left in it, and end at about 8-8 which is fine by me as long as the add more players in the offseason. dareus/barnett type of additions. they really need pass rush help, oline help, and if jones continues to struggle, they might need WR help.

I hope the media is sliding off. The Bills need to concentrate on football. I feel the last couple weeks have been way too much exposure for guys that are now trying to live up to it. Stick to what we do best, not worry about the national attention. You cant tell me it doesnt change players perspectives of themselves and their teams abilities.

agreed, they have been getting treated like celeberties. they have been everywhere, including gailey. I am glad they got some exposure, because they deserve it. but now put that to rest and get back to putting it all into winning.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

The media sliding off the bandwagon is exactly what this team needs.

Keeps them motivated. Fuels the intensity which is important for this team. When your team lacks superstars, you've got to win by outworking and out-hustling the opposition.

If your team is fueled by a perceived lack of respect for skill and talent and claims the team is overrated or same ol' Bills, the last thing you want is to be respected and lauded for said skill and talent and that this is a new Bills era. You want that chip on the shoulder to stay there.

I know Fitzpatrick said this next game isn't a make or break one for the season, but I totally disagree. After this next game, we will know all that we need to know about the make up of this Bills team.

With a 1-3 Eagles "Dream Team" team coming into RWS they will face a team that is about as both talented and desperate for a win as they come. They are going to be in a dog fight (no pun intended). So either the Bills punch them in the mouth and knock them out for the count with a commitment to the running game (Philly's weak area) or the Eagles show everyone that the 3-1 record was a fraud. They also need to sprinkle in some creative wrinkles in their game plan.

So I can't wait to see if we really do have a tough team ready for a playoff push and possibly even a division title, or an average ho-hum middle-of-the-pack win one lose one bunch. They need to stop downplaying this game and embrace the challenge of knocking out the desperate Eagles.

Typical overreactions by both fans and media. The Bills were never going to be 16-0 and are far from a perfect team. That said, they destroyed KC, and defeated what appear to be two very good football teams in Oakland and NE*. Nobody seems to want to give credit to a Cinci squad that lost its two games by two and five points, and has an excellent defense.

The Bills played poorly, and still barely lost.

Not losing sleep on my end. Very winnable game this week that will go a long way to determining what the rest of the season holds.

I know Fitzpatrick said this next game isn't a make or break one for the season, but I totally disagree. After this next game, we will know all that we need to know about the make up of this Bills team.

We beat the Chiefs and Raiders, and people said "Well, after the Pats game, we'll know what we have."

We beat the Pats, and people said "Well, after the Bengals game, we'll really know what we have."

Now, same deal...

Why dont we just keep some perspective and realize it is a looong season that we are just 1/4 of the way through?

I agree that the Philly game will tell us more about the team, but that will be the case EACH and EVERY week as we watch this team be built and grow together. No single game is going to tell us exactly where we are. I think we all know just about where we are. The good news is, we are mostly fun to watch, and improving steadily.

Also, to address the original point of the thread... Ive heard more than a few analysts say "Im still a BILL-iever!", and Skip Bayless just picked us to beat the Eagles. So people arent totally off the bandwagon. But I agree that having the cameras out of our players' faces is a good thing. Even the guys backing off the bandwagon say that the Bills are an improving team, playing real football finally.

that has not been the case at all this year. unless you think the chiefs are a "tough" team.

This team has always had the MO of beating the easy teams, but never beating a tough team. that is the way it has been for a decade. we lose to ravens, steelers, pats*, jests and we beat chiefs, bengals, indy's backups, raiders when they sucked, etc.

the problem with the bills is they just are not as good as the elite teams. Our oline has been solid this year, but put them up against a top 5 defense, and jackson gets stopped and fitz gets pressured, then our entire offense is ruined.

Then have elite WR go up against our DBS, and our defense gets smoked, tired, and out of breath.

If the problem was the bills take the easy teams too easy, then that score of the chiefs game would read like 14-10. not 45-7 or whatever it was.

with that said, we might be able to beat philly with the oline problems they are having and their defense being terrible. but the giants, and probably the cowgirls, are going to own us in all phases of the game. and gawd help this team when brady comes back for revenge. but the jests and phins don't scare me. it is more than realistic we beat each of them at least once.

this team has at least 4-5 more wins left in it, and end at about 8-8 which is fine by me as long as the add more players in the offseason. dareus/barnett type of additions. they really need pass rush help, oline help, and if jones continues to struggle, they might need WR help.

agreed, they have been getting treated like celeberties. they have been everywhere, including gailey. I am glad they got some exposure, because they deserve it. but now put that to rest and get back to putting it all into winning.

Hey look at that, a voice of reason. We just snapped 15 and 10 game winning/losing streaks vs. the Pats & Bengals. But yah we always play to the level of competition, haha.

Don't get the "we weren't going undefeated" comments. There are 7-8 games minimum on the schedule that are more difficult than Cincy. It wouldn't have been difficult to not go undefeated and win that game.

Sooo, based on your "logic" we should beat the Giants then.

And we did beat the Chiefs.

I'm confused w/ what you're trying to say.

Regarding Philly, I still think their a good team, they just don't have a run defense and their corners are playing woefully under their skill level. McCoy scares the piss out of me too.

not surprising at all that they would slide off so quickly

they are a slimy, unctuous lot

(except for wawrow, of course - and berman ;) )

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! B-)

can anyone be "ctuous" ... just wondering?

seriously, the Bills still have much to prove and a better determination of how good they are will come over the next four games before they hit that three-game road stretch.

jw