wow...the media is sliding off the bandwagon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We beat the Chiefs and Raiders, and people said "Well, after the Pats game, we'll know what we have."

We beat the Pats, and people said "Well, after the Bengals game, we'll really know what we have."

Now, same deal...

Why dont we just keep some perspective and realize it is a looong season that we are just 1/4 of the way through?

I agree that the Philly game will tell us more about the team, but that will be the case EACH and EVERY week as we watch this team be built and grow together. No single game is going to tell us exactly where we are. I think we all know just about where we are. The good news is, we are mostly fun to watch, and improving steadily.

Also, to address the original point of the thread... Ive heard more than a few analysts say "Im still a BILL-iever!", and Skip Bayless just picked us to beat the Eagles. So people arent totally off the bandwagon. But I agree that having the cameras out of our players' faces is a good thing. Even the guys backing off the bandwagon say that the Bills are an improving team, playing real football finally.

This team beat the Pats so we know that they have the talent to make a run. The Bengal game taught us that they were a little too immature mentally to handle the success. I truly believe this next game's going to be the signature game that tells us which way they're heading for the rest of the season.

To me, there's a HUGE difference in being 3-2 with a two game streak heading into an away game against the Giants and a 4-1 team that had an "oops" game against the Bengals.

What direction are you pointing after this Sunday? :lol:

same direction as I was after the Pats game...so far I have 3 pieces of data suggesting we are good, and one that were aren't all that good...so the direction is still "good". I have to admit though that 3 data points suggests our defense is very shakey at best.

As they should. We'll be lucky to finish at .500...

I am bookmarking this comment and expect a full mea culpa when the team is gunning for a playoff berth being second in the AFC East sitting at 10-6. :thumbdown: This is an above average team that will have more ups than downs. Are you really saying it's unrealistic to think this team can't win three more games?

something incredibly strange has happened among Bills fans of late and i can't seem to put my finger on it. several fans on this board and beyond have grown so bold in their belief that the Bills are pure, good, godly and infallible that they've gone so far as to refute any reasonable attempt at perspective and discussion.

anyone saying anything hinting at the Bills having faults is suddenly regarded as a traitorous moron, and asked to somehow back up their hypotheses with facts (they're hypotheses so facts aren't part of the equation), told to go fornicate themselves and urged to go root for the Jets, Patriots, Dolphins and so on.

i thought there was room on this board to actually have discussions. but it's becoming increasingly apparent that the delusional few have taken the reins.

just one person's opinion.

jw.

something incredibly strange has happened among Bills fans of late and i can't seem to put my finger on it. several fans on this board and beyond have grown so bold in their belief that the Bills are pure, good, godly and infallible that they've gone so far as to refute any reasonable attempt at perspective and discussion.

anyone saying anything hinting at the Bills having faults is suddenly regarded as a traitorous moron, and asked to somehow back up their hypotheses with facts (they're hypotheses so facts aren't part of the equation), told to go fornicate themselves and urged to go root for the Jets, Patriots, Dolphins and so on.

i thought there was room on this board to actually have discussions. but it's becoming increasingly apparent that the delusional few have taken the reins.

jw.

So what's new? 6 weeks ago it was the same, but with the opposite bent, i.e. "they suck", Andrew Luck sweepstakes"; "Lucky to win 2 games", "Nix and Gailey are idiots", etc. Anyone suggesting a reasonable chance of success was branded a homer and a moron.

jw.

I actually see it as a bell shaped curve, a few on each side of the extremes and a bunch in the middle. But as always, shallow water makes much noise.

As they should. We'll be lucky to finish at .500...

If you are a fan, why think like that?

I mean really, it is a question.

This question has been brought up in countless threads.

Some people think they can be a fan of a team but still question the teams methods and think the team is not very good wrt player and coaching talent.

Some people think you cannot be a fan of a team if you question the teams methods or think the players or coaches lack talent.

You seem to fall into the latter category, but there are some who fall into the former.

Simple enough.

Giants will crush us. So stop dreaming

And Philly will beat us too. The problem with the Bills is we play up or down to the opponents we face.

We beat the tough teams and lose to the horrible teams.

Yes this explains our trouncing of the chiefs

jw.

I actually dont have a problem with those who want to wait or still dont belive the bills are for real (I of course have said this team would be 9-7 from the beginning)

I DO have a problem with the fans that trounce this team to no end to the point where yo wonder if they even ARE fans of this team....then we put a few wins togehter and all of a sudden they are on the wagon...THEN you lose a game and they jump off like the wagon is on fire......

Just stick to your damn guns.....whatever direction they might be pointed and BE WRONG IF YOU ARE. in the desparate attempt to never look wrong you look foolish.

jw.

I don't think you are correct.

Most fans dread that the Bills first three games were just an illusion, ala 2008. What gets them "circling the wagons" is the viewpoint that the loss in Cincinnati "proves" that the team is no good because Ralph is cheap and the current regime is incompetent, the meme that was in vogue at the start of the season. It was one game, "statistically irrelevant", to use economic jargon. What bothers people is that those who have said the team sucks from day one are using the Cincinnati game to say "I told you so"-- demonstrating a greater desire to be right that to see the team do well, and ignoring contrary evidence from the first three games. Insecure "I told you so" negative folks are not much fun to be around, even if they turn out to be right(which, of course, remains to be seen). It's the fact that they take so much joy in maybe being right that people find unpleasant-- not an unwillingness to consider criticism of the team. CD

jw.

No, your idea of a discussion is to discount MY argument as pure Bills fan ignorance while propping up your own take on the Bills. That is not argument, and yet you continue to do it, as if anyone who dares to disagree with you is delusional.

jw.

I don't think you are correct.

Most fans dread that the Bills first three games were just an illusion, ala 2008. What gets them "circling the wagons" is the viewpoint that the loss in Cincinnati "proves" that the team is no good because Ralph is cheap and the current regime is incompetent, the meme that was in vogue at the start of the season. It was one game, "statistically irrelevant", to use economic jargon. What bothers people is that those who have said the team sucks from day one are using the Cincinnati game to say "I told you so"-- demonstrating a greater desire to be right that to see the team do well, and ignoring contrary evidence from the first three games. Insecure "I told you so" negative folks are not much fun to be around, even if they turn out to be right(which, of course, remains to be seen). It's the fact that they take so much joy in maybe being right that people find unpleasant-- not an unwillingness to consider criticism of the team. CD

I think you both have a point.

There are some so called "negative Nancys" who react like Casey points out.

And there are some so called "pollyannas" who react like jw points out.

And there are a lot more people who can carry on polite discussions, even disagreeing, without resorting to "go root for the pats" or other derogatory statements.

It just seems at times that threads can get flooded by the intolerant extremists which is unfortunate.

Prove it on the schedule.

Looking at the schedule, I see four very difficult games for the Bills, @ NYG DAL NYJ and SD. I see four very winnable games @ MIA and TENN MIA and DEN(all at home and in December). I see four toss-ups, PHIL WASH NYJ. And then the final game against NE, which could be impossible or perhaps fairly easy depending on what NE is playing for at the time. At 3-1, 7 wins seems quite doable given the schedule. 8-10 is the likely range. 11 wins or more unlikely. JMO. CD

I think you both have a point.

There are some so called "negative Nancys" who react like Casey points out.

And there are some so called "pollyannas" who react like jw points out.

And there are a lot more people who can carry on polite discussions, even disagreeing, without resorting to "go root for the pats" or other derogatory statements.

It just seems at times that threads can get flooded by the intolerant extremists which is unfortunate.

I really hate extremists. :D

I found this guy to be pretty greasy.

Explain to me how that guy fits into the bathroom behind him...Please...

jw.

For me John, it's like surfing. You catch a good wave, and you ride it. Eventually that wave breaks, and the ride is over. But when you're riding that wave it's the most euphoric feeling you'll ever have. The people I work with have been giving me crap because I was on cloud nine last week. My comment to them was "stop pissin in my cheerios!". I'm a fan, it's what I do.

I predicted the Bills go 8-8, and so far I am right on track (swapping the Pats victory, and Bengals loss). I had the Bills at 3-1. I also predict two losses coming up (Eagles and Giants).

We knew the media would start jumping off in droves at the first loss. This gem Cowherd put out on Twitter was amongst YE OLE's favorite barbs thrown at us:

@ESPN_Colin

Colin Cowherd

Where did all the buffalo Bills fans go? Goggle the next eight games for Buffalo. 5-7 is just around the corner.

2 Oct via web

Hopefully Chan and the boys "Goggle" the next eight games... DOOOOOOOMED!!!!

We knew the media would start jumping off in droves at the first loss. This gem Cowherd put out on Twitter was amongst YE OLE's favorite barbs thrown at us:

@ESPN_Colin

Colin Cowherd

Where did all the buffalo Bills fans go? Goggle the next eight games for Buffalo. 5-7 is just around the corner.

2 Oct via web

Hopefully Chan and the boys "Goggle" the next eight games... DOOOOOOOMED!!!!

To paraphrase Ray Finkle's mother:

"I hope Colin Cowherd dies of gonorrhea and rots in hell."