ESPN Pulls Hank Williams Jr from tonights MNF

/dev/null

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think people should hate a guy for speaking his mind, especially when no one really listens to him. whether it is the dixie chicks or hank Williams, Jr. people want to say silly things with no thought, go ahead.

with that said though, I will support any stand that keeps that song from playing. hate that song.

At the risk of making this a full-fledged political thread, I think you're mistaken in thinking that both sides threw around the Hitler thing as haphazardly as one another. I for one, despite the fact that hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians and tens of thousands of American soldiers have died as a direct result of his foreign policies, would NEVER compare George Bush to Adolf Hitler. I don't remember that being quite as prominent when he was president. Now on the other hand, emails were swirling around corporate offices everywhere before Obama even gave his inaugural address, comparing him to Stalin, because of course, he's a Communist- you know, lowest tax rates in 50 years and everything...

You smell.

I'd suggest that you are correct in that assessment. This is the 1st instance that I can think of ottomh where somebody compared the current President to Hitler.

It was a far more frequent occurance with the previous occupant of the WH.

I'd suggest that you are correct in that assessment. This is the 1st instance that I can think of ottomh where somebody compared the current President to Hitler.

Examples? What happened to the examples that did? Curious...

At the risk of making this a full-fledged political thread, I think you're mistaken in thinking that both sides threw around the Hitler thing as haphazardly as one another. I for one, despite the fact that hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians and tens of thousands of American soldiers have died as a direct result of his foreign policies, would NEVER compare George Bush to Adolf Hitler. I don't remember that being quite as prominent when he was president. Now on the other hand, emails were swirling around corporate offices everywhere before Obama even gave his inaugural address, comparing him to Stalin, because of course, he's a Communist- you know, lowest tax rates in 50 years and everything...

You smell.

Communist, Muslim, Muslim Terrorist........

But I have to disagree, MANY remarks were made that Bush is Hitler/A Nazi. They even used it in part of a South park episode (When they were in put into protests and given signs, I believe Cartman read his sign to the camera and it said Bush is a Nazi)

I don't know about that, I believe there were posters made up by some that used the Obama "change" posters that added a Hittler stache to them. They may not have compared him to Hitler as much, but Communist, Muslim, Muslim Terrorist were used in its place more often i think

Examples? What happened to the examples that did? Curious...

Sorry, not going to perform a google search for you, you seem to be capable of performing one on your own.

If you honestly didn't hear anyone refer to Bush as Hitler you have led a very sheltered life on that boat.

Sorry, not going to perform a google search for you, you seem to be capable of performing one on your own.

If you honestly didn't hear anyone refer to Bush as Hitler you have led a very sheltered life on that boat.

You brought it up, not me. I don't need to provide the proof because it wasn't my observation.

You smell.

??

We're all friends here fellas. This is the one place I usually don't have to think about politics.

BTW, if I were still in the military he would be my commander in chief. As a civilian, he is simply head of the Executive Branch of government. We need to stop calling him, or any president, our CINC. He does not command me, nor do I want him to. He works for us.

Word. I don't serve that rat bastard.

But, then again, it ain't like he's serving ME, either.

I don't know about that, I believe there were posters made up by some that used the Obama "change" posters that added a Hittler stache to them. They may not have compared him to Hitler as much, but Communist, Muslim, Muslim Terrorist were used in its place more often i think

I recall hearing of that at 1 Teaparty rally, but as I recall it was by anti-teaparty people trying to disrupt the rally. Wouldn't doubt if some boneheads (besides the 1 currently under discussion) did compare him to Hitler, but his predecessor was compared to Hitler FAR more often.

Completely agree that the current occupant has been called a communist far more often than his predecessor. Of course, when your campaign posters are knockoffs of old Soviet era ones and you are the most left leaning occupant of the WH in at least 28 years, it's not a shocking comparison.

PS - why aren't all posters in this thread warned or banned for talking politics on the Bills' board?

It is a rather selectively enforced rule.

Again, if you honestly didn't hear anyone refer to Bush as Hitler you have led a very sheltered life on that boat.

Referring to Bush as Bush is enough. Bush doesn't need to be compared to Hitler.