ESPN Pulls Hank Williams Jr from tonights MNF

/dev/null

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/1011/ESPN_yanks_Hank_for_comapring_Obama_to_Hitler.html?showall

Football related but I'm sure this will eventually be banished to PPP (aka TSW's cancerous rectum)

“It would be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli leader) Benjamin Netanyahu,” Williams told “Fox & Friends.”

Maybe he was calling Boehner Hitler and Obama Netanyahu.

If he was calling Boehner Hitler, NBC would have given him a 2 hour special

Everyone whining about MNF pulling Hank Williams, Jr. is a hypocrite. Remember the outrage from the right about the Dixie Chicks saying they were ashamed to have Bush as President? All the calls for boycotts, the hatred and the death threats. I don't recall a lot of right-wingers standing up for the Dixie Chicks' right to speak their minds then. No whining about a PC nation at that moment.

Faith hill better be real careful about making any goose steps in those black leather boots

http://abesauer.com/__oneclick_uploads/2009/10/faith-hill-boots.png

i'd do it

Everyone whining about MNF pulling Hank Williams, Jr. is a hypocrite. Remember the outrage from the right about the Dixie Chicks saying they were ashamed to have Bush as President? All the calls for boycotts, the hatred and the death threats. I don't recall a lot of right-wingers standing up for the Dixie Chicks' right to speak their minds then. No whining about a PC nation at that moment.

I'll say this.... I dont give two ***** what these Celebs say. At the end of the day it really doesnt matter. its all words and noise

In fairness to the right wingers, some might have made death threats to the Dixie Chicks because of their crappy music.

i'd do it

I'll say this.... I dont give two ***** what these Celebs say. At the end of the day it really doesnt matter. its all words and noise

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner! Just ignore the celebrities, at least until they can prove they can find their rear ends with two hands and a flashlight.

Although i do not agree with his remark, I think Hank Williams Jr. kicks ass. That MNF theme has been an anthem for football most my life. Screw Faith Hill! Sunday night game song???? First of all the song sucks and I feel they are reaching for straws to have a Sunday night theme song. Keep it just on Monday nights. Noone cares about her or that song. How about we have Lady Gaga do a Sunday afternoon kickoff song. Hell why dont we have a them song for every game??? The whole idea is horrible. I mute that btch everytime I hear it.

As compared with the artistic genius of Hank Jr. <_<

I like his Monday Night theme song a lot. It gives a zest to the game it otherwise wouldn't have.

The decision to punish him for his remarks is part of a larger trend. Those who express non-mainstream viewpoints are often punished. This is pressure towards conformism, pure and simple.

The more conformist a society becomes, the less able it will typically be to identify and correct its own errors. Then again, maybe everything is already so virtuous and wonderful already that there aren't any major errors left to be corrected. <_<

But, on the off chance that there are major errors to be corrected, then "you aren't allowed to say anything non-maistream" would be a much bigger problem than some random singer drawing an inaccurate comparison between two political figures.

In fairness to the right wingers, some might have made death threats to the Dixie Chicks because of their crappy music.

Dixie Chicks make great records...Hank Williams Jr's daddy made some of the best records ever!

Edited by Buftex