ESPN Pulls Hank Williams Jr from tonights MNF

/dev/null

Gee, I always turn to "Fox and Friends" for their insightful commentary with country singers about politics and world issues.

The guy made a career out of riding his dad's name. A guy with questionable talent that just shitted away the one no-brainer gig he had. Enjoy playing backwoods bars for $250 a night for the rest of your career.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

say what you will, but there's been no greater proponent of monday night rowdiness than hw jr. and that's a fact.

I have heard, in fact, that he has several close friends best described as "rowdy." Every week or so--i cannot recall the specific evening--he has them over.

Gee, I always turn to "Fox and Friends" for their insightful commentary with country singers about politics and world issues.

The guy made a career out of riding his dad's name. A guy with questionable talent that just shitted away the one no-brainer gig he had. Enjoy playing backwoods bars for $250 a night for the rest of your career.

When you want to square the brain power of Steve Doocey and Brian Kilmeade, you bring in Ted Nugent and Chuck Norris.

What an idiotic, nonsensical, "PC" move by ESPN. I'm not surprised though, not at all. They (ESPN/ABC), as well as all the other "old school" left-wing, liberal, mainstream broadcast networks worship & love Barry Obama, and they are going to do everything in their power to try and keep that failed, incompetent Empty Suit in the White House for another term.

Is ESPN's sanction of Hank Jr. as "idiotic, nonsensical, and "PC" a move as when Glenn Beck of Fox News accused Obama of being a racist? (Beck apologized but it was an early nail in the coffin for his TV show which plummeted).

If I can refresh your memory (or put it on your radar screen… if you have one), 57 advertisers of Beck's show (on Fox) withdrew ads in protest over Beck's comments.

The Fox executives intervened and made Beck apologize. Beck relented saying that he has a big mouth.

Obviously you're anti-liberal and would like to spin this to bolster your belief system but you're either naive or misinformed (or something else) if you think that this has anything to do with anything other than money.

If ESPN didn't suspend Hank Jr's involvement, it would have cost them millions of dollars.

ESPN is no different than Fox in that respect and you would do well to recognize that the action against Williams has to do with money… not "left-wing, liberal, mainstream," Obama love.

Your contempt and disdain and use of catchphrases are a dead giveaway for a brainwashed opinion, IMO. Sorry. The divide and conquer people are glad to have you onboard.

say what you will, but there's been no greater proponent of monday night rowdiness than hw jr. and that's a fact.

That is a fact.

I have one piece of music by America's favorite redneck… "All my Rowdy friends…" which is a part of our league's Fantasy Football Draft playlist along with both Sportscenter themes, The Final Countdown, all the NFL Films music, Sprint Right (the official theme of the NFL), Heavy Action (Monday Night Football theme) and a bunch of other cliched sports-related crap music.

It's like a Pavlovian response… I hear Hank Williams' ignorant yelling and I become happy because I know football will be served up soon.

If ESPN didn't suspend Hank Jr's involvement, it would have cost them millions of dollars.

ESPN is no different than Fox in that respect and you would do well to recognize that the action against Williams has to do with money… not "left-wing, liberal, mainstream," Obama love.

Your contempt and disdain and use of catchphrases are a dead giveaway for a brainwashed opinion, IMO. Sorry. The divide and conquer people are glad to have you onboard.

SUPER THIS^^^^^.

As I shared with a friend: Whatever stripe you're of, whether you agree with Hank Williams Jr. or Kanye West, neither of them are somebody whose opinion matters in this realm. What anyone complaining needs to do is question whether they could get away with something like this at work. When you're a public figure who depends somehow on advertising dollars, saying something in public is saying it in the workplace.

I think this may be Crayonz singularly best moment. If Hitler had a time machine, all sorts of history would be screwed up. I am pretty sure Crayonz would have found a way to convince Marv Levy to keep running Thurman Thomas in the first Super Bowl and Norwood would have made the 28 yard game winning field goal. Thus leading to an unprecedented four straight Super Bowl victories over Jimmy Johnson and the psyched out Cowboys. Who knows who the foursome would have been then?

I think the three stooges were jewish so maybe he was including Netanyahu. But then again most golf groups are foursomes. Geez this is confusing.

Anyway Sage is right about the analogy thingy except it is even easier to shoot down. College boy just made it complex instead of using Occum's Shaver.

Anyway how is Netanyahu supposed to play golf with Hitler without a time machine? This is the whole point of the argument Williams was making. Boehner got his butt kicked on the scorecard but really he only missed two critical short putts. The match play format made it look lopsided in favor of Obama. If he had a time machine then Boehner would go back and change the rules to stroke play and win. If Netanyahu had a time machine he would go back and convince Nevin Chamberlin not to give Hitler an episiotomy.

Hank should have compared Obama and Boehner to dogs. "Obama lost the fight real good last November. Maybe we should ask your buddy Vick what to do with him."

Then he could have pulled out a pair of jumper cables for the camera.

ESPN would have no choice but to perform fellatio on Ol' Hank.

I think the three stooges were jewish so maybe he was including Netanyahu. But then again most golf groups are foursomes. Geez this is confusing.

Anyway Sage is right about the analogy thingy except it is even easier to shoot down. College boy just made it complex instead of using Occum's Shaver.

Anyway how is Netanyahu supposed to play golf with Hitler without a time machine? This is the whole point of the argument Williams was making. Boehner got his butt kicked on the scorecard but really he only missed two critical short putts. The match play format made it look lopsided in favor of Obama. If he had a time machine then Boehner would go back and change the rules to stroke play and win. If Netanyahu had a time machine he would go back and convince Nevin Chamberlin not to give Hitler an episiotomy.

Is Occum's "Shaver" a triple head or an electric? One thing fancy book learnin' will teach you is it's Occum's Razor not Shaver. Please quit while your behind.

Hank Jr just demonstrated that as a politiician he is a good singer/

His problem is that he seemed to forget, if only for the space of part of one interview that he gets paid to be an entertainer and not to make politically charged comments.

He dies have a perfect right as an American to hold any political views he wants, but ABC also has a right to hireanu entertainer they want within the bounds of their contractual agreement to promote the product to their chosen market.

Hsnk Jr's problem is that he chose to make a political analogy (or comparison as this is a difference without any relevance the quesrion at hand( whixh a significant enough part of the targerted market will not fine entertaiing/

Hank Jr. meeded to keep his own queston in mind. Are you ready for some football. I think much of the target market to be entertained would say yes!

Hank chose that instead of entertaining the majority of the market place who do not xare one wa or the other about Obama to make a politica; comment that speaks tp a much smaller part of the marketplcace which is more interested in politics than football. He is psyimg thr price (ABCpays him their nickels to entertain) for choosing to make an inarticulate political statement. He has a right to his opinion he does not have a right to collect nickels from ABC to piss off any segment of their market.

Digging your style Crayonz.

the guy sounded drunk as a skunk. When you have truth serum pouring thru a red neck buffoon like that you're just asking for trouble. The fox crew were holding their breath from the moment he said he wished he were there checking out the woman. And then it only got worse. Have to fault who ever thought it was a good idea to expose that tool to political questions in the first place.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Is ESPN's sanction of Hank Jr. as "idiotic, nonsensical, and "PC" a move as when Glenn Beck of Fox News accused Obama of being a racist? (Beck apologized but it was an early nail in the coffin for his TV show which plummeted).

If I can refresh your memory (or put it on your radar screen… if you have one), 57 advertisers of Beck's show (on Fox) withdrew ads in protest over Beck's comments.

The Fox executives intervened and made Beck apologize. Beck relented saying that he has a big mouth.

Obviously you're anti-liberal and would like to spin this to bolster your belief system but you're either naive or misinformed (or something else) if you think that this has anything to do with anything other than money.

That is a fact.

I have one piece of music by America's favorite redneck… "All my Rowdy friends…" which is a part of our league's Fantasy Football Draft playlist along with both Sportscenter themes, The Final Countdown, all the NFL Films music, Sprint Right (the official theme of the NFL), Heavy Action (Monday Night Football theme) and a bunch of other cliched sports-related crap music.

It's like a Pavlovian response… I hear Hank Williams' ignorant yelling and I become happy because I know football will be served up soon.

+1,000,000

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/1011/ESPN_yanks_Hank_for_comapring_Obama_to_Hitler.html?showall

Football related but I'm sure this will eventually be banished to PPP (aka TSW's cancerous rectum)

Props for calling Obama Hitler and shouldn't be pulled for that, after all "freedom" of speech right?

I don't like country so maybe Metalica's Eye of the Beholder

... "You can do it your own way

If it's done just how I say. Independence limited

Freedom of choice is made for you my friend

Freedom of speech is words that they will bend

Freedom with their exception ..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKRR7IakiVM

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

it is obvious in this country when a liberal makes what could be termed an outlandish statement, it is called "freedom of speech", when a conservative utters the same, it is "hateful", must be immediately addressed. the wussies that run the media outlets in this country are such hypocrites. the transparency is actually hilarious.