Philly is on a 3 game losing streak

Scrappy

I don't care about Philly's cornerbacks. Philadelphia has no linebackers. Scott Chandler and Fred Jackson should be all-world next Sunday if Chan gets back to throwing to Chandler and running FJ. Of the 49ers 291 receiving yards yesterday, their TEs and RBs accounted for 154 of them.

Philadelphia only plays about 2.5 quarters and packs it in and you can still beat them despite Vick throwing for nearly 400 yards. They have been outscored 36-0 in the fourth quarter over the last three games.

It appears Trent Cole, Antonio Dixon and Jason Peters all were injured yesterday, with Cole's injury serious. As of 1130am, Cole is out for the Bills game.

I don't take yesterday's loss too hard. If it refocused the team for the Eagles and Giants, good. I think the Bills ran into a Top 3 defense yesterday, something they won't face next week.

Edited by dpberr

I don't take yesterday's loss too hard. If it refocused the team for the Eagles and Giants, good. I think the Bills ran into a Top 3 defense yesterday, something they won't face next week.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS. Why can't people on TBD understand how good the Bengals defense is? Their offense could have racked up 600 yards on us but if they only score 23, then obviously we're not THAT bad... our bend but don't break years was a testament to that... outscore the opposition is what matters.

Which is why Wanny needs to be promoted to DC over the failed Edwards experiment. They made a rookie 2nd round QB look like Peyton Manning today. They made Jason Cambell look like Tom Brady a couple of weeks ago. Everyone here knows it needs to happen. It should have happened before the season even started. Dude was the DC coordinator for Superbowl winners, let's not pretend that there isn't a great big white elephant in the room..

Do you even know what Wanny's job is with the Bills? Do you think he just shows up to the stadium, sits in the press box and watches while getting paid? So what if he has won SB's as a defensive co-ordinator, does he have the same talent with the Bills as he did with those teams?

Despite the Eagles being on a 3 game losing streak, especially after giving up a huge lead to the Alex Smith led 49'ers, the Eagles are 3 point favorites over the Bills.

This is gut-check time for the Bills, and they need to respond.

Which is why Wanny needs to be promoted to DC over the failed Edwards experiment. They made a rookie 2nd round QB look like Peyton Manning today. They made Jason Cambell look like Tom Brady a couple of weeks ago. Everyone here knows it needs to happen. It should have happened before the season even started. Dude was the DC coordinator for Superbowl winners, let's not pretend that there isn't a great big white elephant in the room..

Is he bringing the Dallas SB defensive squad in their prime with him?

This game is going to be very tough. Andy Dalton actually looked good yesterday. What do you think M Vick is going to do with all day to throw with no Bills pash rush. He might break records.

While our O put up points the first 3 weeks, I would still take Philly's play makers over ours all day. There weakness is with the O line.

Should be interesting. I think Philly wins by a TD.

I have a bad feeling about this game. Not because they're due as much as their record is just a fluke. Teams that find the redzone as much as they do and fail to score TD's, there's typically some bad luck involved. Reminds me a lot of the last time we played them here in '03. They were coming off two bad home losses and we came down to earth the previous week in Miami.

This game is going to be very tough. Andy Dalton actually looked good yesterday. What do you think M Vick is going to do with all day to throw with no Bills pash rush. He might break records.

While our O put up points the first 3 weeks, I would still take Philly's play makers over ours all day. There weakness is with the O line.

Should be interesting. I think Philly wins by a TD.

I'll go so far as to say the Bengals OL is better than the Eagles.

Edwards need to get his head out of his arse and send the blitz, I mean batter vick, even if you don't get sacks.

Last time Vick was in Buffalo was 2005. The year after they went to the NFC championship game and finished the season 8-8 for the Falcons. Falcons won this game 24-16.

His stats were

Passing-

Att comp yards t.d int lng pass

15 27 167 2 1 21

Rushing-

att yards t.d lng.

9 64 0 27

If the Bills can hold him to these types of numbers, you got to think they have a shot to win.

Side note, this was also the game Spikes tore his achilles and was done i think? correct me if i am wrong

The only more Humpty Dumpty QB in the league outside of Tony Romo is Mike Vick. That guy is injured all over the place. He's not 100% for sure. I think with a barge of pain medicine injections, he'll be at 85% and he'll stay put together for a half.

Fitz will have opportunities to throw and Fred will have opportunities to get his yards against this defense. Fitz will have the ball out of the pocket before Babin and Jenkins gets to him. This defense, especially with no Trent Cole, is nowhere near the ferocity of the Bengals defense.

I think the key to the game is stopping the run by having Andy Reid remaining convinced to only pass the ball and just give up on running the ball. McCoy is a talented running back that is underutilized.

Philly isn't going to pound your face in with a running attack. They live and die by going through the air.

You can't ask for the table to be set any better. At home against an injury ravaged 1-3 team with a defense who's weaknesses compliment your offensive strengths in a ridiculously loud stadium.

Edited by dpberr

This is one of those home games we've lost many times over the last decade...just like New England. It's the typical game like New Orleans or Houston where we hang with their offense or keep it in check and then fade in the 4th. If the Bills are a legit playoff wildcard type team...they will win this game. If they are an improved 7-9, 8-8 type team then they lose. Guess we'll find out Sunday at about 4:15.

I feel it's an L. McKelvin has shown no ability to cover deep threats, Jackson is among the best. We have no ability to stop running QB's. Vick is one of the best. It's a desperate situation for Philly. Buffalo has found themselves very fortunate in the turnover department. Both with other teams not creating INT's on balls that should be intercepted, and with Buffalo converting deflections into picks. Opportunistic,sure. Likely to keep happening at the rate it has? Absolutely not. Philly might be banged up and have a bad defense. Let's see how good our offense is now that teams are going to take the middle away from us.

Edited by KzooMike