If we win the toss, do we differ?

D521646

I think Chan should make the smart play and take the ball at the start of the game instead of deferring...Andy Dalton and the Bengals' offense aren't Brady and the Pats and can't score at will.

But I guess that's where you and I differ :devil:

Hehe.. Ok, ok.. Differ, defer. Nice to see my college education was worth every penny.. :)

Tim-

I think Chan should make the smart play and take the ball at the start of the game instead of deferring...Andy Dalton and the Bengals' offense aren't Brady and the Pats and can't score at will.

But I guess that's where you and I differ :devil:

I beg to defer. I say if we win the coin toss we differ to the Bengals. Our defense will stuff them on there first drive, our offense will drive down the field and score a touchdown, and this will make a huge deference in the game.

Yes, you defer. On the road, you want the ball at the start of the 2nd half. There is hardly anyone in their seat due to the short halftime. You can expect maybe your quietest drive of the day. At home, you do not want the visitor to enjoy that luxury of a quiet stadium. There may be other reasons, such as gaining field position if you get a stop at the beginning of the game, etc. But I hate seeing a visting team's O on the field with very little crowd noise.

Have to Defer here, for the same reason that proved to be true in the KC game. Send the defense out get a stop, and its like stealing a possesion!! The theory should be different against high powered offenses. But against the Bungles we should definately defer.

I think it's always an advantage to have possession after the half. If your team is down, you have a chance to put those ever-important "adjustments" to work and get caught up. And if you're winning, it's a great chance to put the hammer down.