The Terrence Wheatley era begins in Buffalo

PromoTheRobot

Probably has more to do with Aaron Williams injury.

Rodgers can play boys..i know I am biased as a Richmond season ticket holder, but I have seen him play a lot and I like him. Also, I think he has way better instincts on punt returns than Spiller..we shall see

I was expecting this just wasn't sure who was going to get cut to make it work

Given the loss of Easley and Parrish, Ruvell Martin escaped the cut. Yet, unless he is solid at special teams, he's a guy that should not be on the roster either... Must be pick on "Martin" day.

This means we have a slot on the practice squad. Is Caussin still available?

He's already on the practice squad & will probably be called up at some point since the only TEs left are Chandler & Lee Smith. If they don't want to promote him, the next injury at a deeper position means either Martin returns or some other TE comes in off waiver street.

That's a good, smart move. We don't need an extra TE. Smith has learned enough to play the two TE sets. If Chandler goes down, we finish the game with just one TE and bring Claussin in from the PS the next week.

The offense wouldn't change, Fitz would just likely go to the TE a little less with less confidence in Caussin or Smith as he has developed with Chandler. I never thought Gailey dismissed or didn't use TEs, he just didn't have a lot to work with except the season he had Gonzalez. As long as Chandler was making plays, Gailey and Fitz would go to him.

If McGee gets healthy, perhaps they will make another move but to me, the third TE is unnecessary unless an injury occurs. If I'm not mistaken, they had Hairston in as a TE on some short yardage and goalline plays (I know he was in at the end of the game), lining up at the TE position for a blocker.