What's the Difference between 2008 and 2011?

Sniper

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bet is SJ13. He got a front-row seat on the sidelines that year and watched the team crumble. He knows what's different because he saw it all. Plus the way he said certain things made me think it was him.

I'm not 100% sure if it's him, but I think it's one of the guys he's close with if it's not him. Are there any other WR left from that season other than Roscoe? It even referenced his twitter or something a few weeks ago (skimmed reeeeal quick).

The way they talked about certain things during the year leads me to believe yes they were here in 2008, no they aren't playing in the trenches, and they are healthy (atleast playing) today. SJ is one of very few who fit the bill. Maybe a few guys in the secondary.

Edited by NoSaint

Who ever he is he's right this isn't 2008 & this team is better than that team was from the coaching staff to the water boy & if your a true Bills fan you'll do as he says & stay behind our team all the way !!!

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This team has still got to win 2 games to be as good as the 2008 team. I'm hoping we can win 3 more to be better, but after watching the last 3 it's hard to tell where any are coming from.

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by reddogblitz

I don't think ANY of these numbers are what to look at to see if they are better, or to convince me they are a better team!

It's not in the numbers, it's in watching them play.

It's clear that Fitz is a way better QB than TE is, was, or ever could have been. Even if they had LOST one of these games. I don't believe that is going to change.

I can see they are better coached, better strategically, and most importantly, INSPIRED. I don't believe that is going to change.

I'm not some polly-anna fan "yay, my Bills, I love'em" That's like my mom or grandma. "Look at'em go!" "Our boys are winners!" No. I'm watching the games and can tell that they play fearlessly on offense and put lots of pressure on defenses. This offense, unlike any Bills offense since Jim Kelly, dictates the game to the defense. I don't believe that is going to change, even when they play some of the best defenses.

I can also tell that they have improved at crucial positions on the defense. The linebackers are way better. I don't believe that is going to change.

I also believe that one new guy on the D-line (Dareus) can exponentially improve the play of the guys around him. With him paired up with K Williams, this defense made a big leap, even if the numbers might not show it. I believe after a few more weeks it will be more apparent (the teams they played had very specialized strengths that skewed the stats).

These are some of the reasons that I KNOW they are better.

Bump.

WCMF's very own Unknown Bills Blogger is at it again, educating fans on the comparisons of the 2008 team that collapsed after a 5-1 start, plus offering solutions on college football's playoff system (or lack thereof), insight to why football is cautious about rushing to HGH testing and telling everyone who he pretended to be growing-up.

It's all here: The Unknown Bills Blogger. Click the link below:

http://www.wcmf.com/pages/11257462.php

For those who may not know, The Unknown Bills Blogger plays for the Bills. His identity will be revealed on The Break Room morning show, on Rochester's Classic Rock, 96.5 WCMF, at season's end.

Questions or guesses to who this player is, feel free to email dannyb@wcmf.com

I'll try Danny Batten for $100, please.

Um, my position on the differences is this:

this team has much more talent than the 08 team. Better coaches, better coaching, better GM, more playmakers, and yet we still suck just as bad as the 08 team which IMO males us even worse considering we should be MUCH better. Injuries might play a part but we had lots of injuries then too. We just suck.

With all that said, if we win this week against the Jets and then get a few home games in December there is still a chance at the playoffs. Unfortunately we already lost to the Bengals and they will be in it to the end.

I'll try Danny Batten for $100, please.

Nice pick up Nanker

If this is Danny Batten, might I suggest the following: Remember how you recovered a fumble in the Raiders game (I think it was) and how you and GW and others would basically tear the ball out of runners and receivers hands at the beginning of the season......do that again please. Overpower these big mouths from Jersey this weekend. Thanks - Go Bills

Nice pick up Nanker

If this is Danny Batten, might I suggest the following: Remember how you recovered a fumble in the Raiders game (I think it was) and how you and GW and others would basically tear the ball out of runners and receivers hands at the beginning of the season......do that again please. Overpower these big mouths from Jersey this weekend. Thanks - Go Bills

Umm, I gonna go out on a limb here, but I really doubt that Danny Batten pretended he was Deion Sanders when he was growing up.

Circle gets the square...