Michael Silver Disses Fred

Keuka

Micheal Silver wrote an article for Yahoo sports saying that Darren McFadden is the best running back in the NFL. The guy he compares him to is Adrian Peterson. He never even mentions Freddy. Not to take anything away from those backs but come on. Give Fred his due. Did you see the blocking he did against the Pats? Lining up as a wide receiver and and icing the game in the fourth quarter? Running over, through, and around people? He went head to head with McFadden last week and owned him. Being a great running back mean more than running the ball. There isn't a better all around running back in the NFL than Fred Jackson!

Relax. It's just an opinion. McFadden is a pretty good back. We know what we have and are happy.

Nucci: I must say, when I feel too many on the board have lost any semblance of perspective, you're always there to save the day. Thank you.

As to the point about Fred, yes, he's awesome.

mcfadden and peterson are better running backs ,size and speed for running the ball.freddie is better all around running back ,catching, picking up blitzes and always seems to be in the right spot.peterson you have to give him the ball on 1st and 2nd down.he needs to carry the rock.mcfadden is super fast but he runs upright and takes to many hits.

Something tells me Jackson is the back Gailey was hoping Spiller to be. And you would be amazed which one was undrafted.

Jackson was the best player on the Bills team two years ago - the season BEFORE they drafted Spiller. Jackson has always been this good, this isn't something new. I don't dislike Spiller but I'll never understand the Bills's brass believing they needed to draft another RB that early when they had Fred Jackson (and Marshawn Lynch for that matter) on the roster already.

Jackson was the best player on the Bills team two years ago - the season BEFORE they drafted Spiller. Jackson has always been this good, this isn't something new. I don't dislike Spiller but I'll never understand the Bills's brass believing they needed to draft another RB that early when they had Fred Jackson (and Marshawn Lynch for that matter) on the roster already.

I could understand it because Lynch sucked. He's never going to be anything more than a short yardage guy who'll occasionally tease you. Marshawn lacks the vision and football sense required to be a good, consistent NFL running back.

I could understand it because Lynch sucked. He's never going to be anything more than a short yardage guy who'll occasionally tease you. Marshawn lacks the vision and football sense required to be a good, consistent NFL running back.

Don't disagree with you in regards to Lynch's abilities but you don't spend a top 10 pick for a backup RB. Lynch was good enough as a backup.