***The OFFICIAL I've sinned against my fanhood thread ***

Scrappy

I was one of the ones who thought the Lee Evans trade would hurt SJ's game but not the overall passing game. I was wrong. SJ is still getting open, and the Bills are doing just fine. In fact, I think our passing game is better without.

I've been wrong about a few things this season, and I'm glad for it. :)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the ones who thought the Lee Evans trade would hurt SJ's game but not the overall passing game. I was wrong. SJ is still getting open, and the Bills are doing just fine. In fact, I think our passing game is better without.

I've been wrong about a few things this season, and I'm glad for it. :)

I think we've all been wrong about the OL. Least sacks allowed in the NFL, Jackson averaging over 6 yards a carry? Are you kidding me?!?

the problem most people had with trade was what the bills got in return not the fact that they traded him

i was on the fence, i really liked Lee but it was prob time to go

Edited by Max997

I expected the pats* to really clamp down on the short stuff yesterday, but they didn't have the horses to get the job done. A big part of the credit deserves to go to Gailey. He is designing plays that spread out a defense and Fitz is able to recognize where to go with the ball. (Fitz is also making adjustments at the line, look at how he repositioned Freddy on the go route to Jones)

Somewhere along the way we will play a team with a rock solid pass defense, maybe we rely on Jackson even more in that game(s)?

I was wrong about Evans - I didn't realize that the reason he wasn't deemed necessary was that the Bills want big guys receiving the ball. Apparently, Gailey loved Demariyus Thomas last year and AJ Green this year, which were clear signs of their preferences. They were high on Easley too, and Nix was in SD when Vincent Jackson took off. I'm guessing that in the Nix/Gailey book, Donald Jones is a more attractive player than Evans.

As for AD's point above about the Bills facing bad pass defenses, in today's NFL, every pass defense is bad.

the problem most people had with trade was what the bills got in return not the fact that they traded him

i was on the fence, i really liked Lee but it was prob time to go

That is only partially true. After the trade, several folks wanted to use it as exhibit A that the "football people" were not making decisions, and to build an entire narrative allegedly proving not only that the Bills suck, but that the suckitude was the conscious and inevitable result of a conspiracy by Russ Brandon, Jeffrey Littman and Jim Overdorf, on the orders of Lord Sauron Wilson, to keep the Bills awful. Whether this was to set the team up for a sale, or just because they were evil bean counters with names easily misspelled for humorous effect, depended on the mood of the individual poster.

It doesn't quite look like that anymore, and now lots of people are walking around TSW pretending they never thought those things they thought and wrote....

That, however, explains why many other posters continue to bring up the Lee Evans trade now. Though we should probably all get over it and enjoy the ride.

I got bashed for saving Evans isn't really double teamed on every play and won't be missed too much. I got bashed for saying our O-Line was middle of the pack in 2010, I will take this time to say "I told you so"

However I still expected 6 or 7 wins in 2011. So we're tracking to be way off on that won.

Now it seems like The Senator gets to say he told us so.

19-0 baby!

Edited by Why So Serious?

Hey Scrappy, should we all expect the same from you? I recall you also being very pessimistic about this season not long ago.

I started this to repent for my sins & literally prayed to the whammie weenie for guidance, the Bills shout theme is hard to hum but with effort it's come more naturally. I also gave everyone a chance to hop on this before the rapture of the Bills beating the Pats, prepare for the pestulance & Locust next. :thumbsup:

I wasn't wrong, do I have to own up?

I do admit I wanted Buddy to get more done in FA (TE and Oline help, and letting Poz walk but hey they offered tooo much! He did get Barrnet who has been real good) I should also say that the FA signings from last year look good and that Buddy is the waiver wire King. I still love how he got Chandler from Dallas. And about the drafts, These guys get 3 years so I won't judge that yet, I am sure there are 50 to maybe 60% of the people that are drafted that just won't cut it but that is pretty true on most teams.

I wasn't surprised but a bit disappointed about Lee but it wasn't that big a deal for me. You could see last year we had some talent there.

I always thought the Chan hiring was a good thing and love that it is working out even better than I thought (at this point). I don't think he is without flaws at times but man he has some big balls.

All I care about is that the team is moving in the right direction, and I am very pleased at seeing the baby so far. I never felt this way about Jaroun teams and I loved that we were 5-1 that one year but you could just see where it was going... This team is different. I hope we can hold the injury bug at bay and play consistent with the depth we have. I will still be happy now that we beat the antichrist even if we go like 8-8.