***The OFFICIAL I've sinned against my fanhood thread ***

Scrappy

Love what the Bills are doing, but, I'll reserve my thoughts for a few more games. However, I will admit I was wrong in leaving my retirement fund tied to the market over the last couple of years instead of moving it into something with a much lower risk...Holy S!#%!!!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought our OL and TE positions were going to lock us into a top 5 selction next year. I was thinking that we did a lot to fix the defense, but this year the "O" would suffer. The whole line has done an excellent job in the first two games considering we routed a division winner and was able to put up huge numbers on the ground against one of the better front 7's in the NFL. Scott Chandler has got me thinking of the days of Pete Metzelaars. We actually seem to have a compitent FO/Coaching Staff in place now and I am beyond pleasantly surprised. If we hang in with or find a way to beat the Pats* I'll be thinking playoffs and it has been a long time since I've even thought in that manner.

I predicted another 4-12 season this year. I'm not wrong yet, but it looks like I probably will be.

I predicted a 10-6 season this year. I BILLieve in Chan and Buddy. Fitz showed great poise last year, but got zero credit. I'm so glad to see him blossom this year.

Go BILLS!

I've been reading many different opinions & after watching the first few games, I'll admit I was wrong. I was wrong about Chan, Nix & their decisions on how to improve our team. I felt that we needed much more work to start being competitive & after seeing the effort / heart the team has, the chemistry is working.

This team has a heartbeat bigger than most & talent that plays it's heart out, it shows on the scoreboard & in the stats. The efforts made by the players cannot go unrecognized & I hope that the powers that be step up & pay them accordingly, without the players having to voice themselves to the media.

This thread is designed to man up & call out past things you have said or thought that basically is like confession (Catholic thing). After doing this, think of the Whammie Weenie that we all are & hum the Bills shout song, then all things that you thought are purged & you can become a fan again.

GO BILLS!

I'm not admitting anything until we complete a season. Quite True, thus far. The Bills have been good, but We won 2 FOOTBALL GAMES. Can we win a season? Can the Bills Win 10+ Games? Go Back to 2008. We were 5-1 and ready to resign Jauron, remember how that turned out? No wrong admitting until seasons over.

Initially I didn't think we changed enough from last year to be much different. Last year we were a 4-12 team with 3 or 4 losses that could have been wins. So I predicted a general 6 to 8 wins. I'm still sticking to that until they play the Pats and Jets, then I'll possibly change my opinion.

But opinions are just that, they aren't factual statements. So what I think now, may end up being "wrong", but that doesn't mean I also can't change my opinion later as the team changes and I change. :)

Way too early for this thread. Remember last time we beat the Pats* and started 2-0, we were no. 1 in the Power Rankings, people were thinking of us in the Superbowl again. Things changed quickly that year. Started 4-1 and gave Jauron a new contract, all downhill from there. I love the way they have started, but I'm waiting until half way through the season (or maybe just beating the Patriots*) before I say anyone, including myself was wrong.

While I felt Lee Evans was a bad fit for the Bills Offense and was never going to be productive and agreed with trading him I was wrong in thinking he’d finally be productive somewhere else…

Also: Jury is still out on Cam but he is doing far better than I ever imagined he would out of the gate, and it’s throwing the ball not running it.

I hear it's too early thoughts but we have played way better than predicted, I mean like kick*** better. Therefore it's not too early to write in how bad you thought it was going to be & how much better of an outlook you have. Everyone likes to talk about the past so they're right but that's a self-defense mechanism, this here is a straight out I am suprised how well they have done & it looks like I'll be watching football on Sundays versus trim trees.

Everyone here has to admit they had some level of concern going into this season & at least some of that has been alleviated at this point, that's the premise here.

I've been reading many different opinions & after watching the first few games, I'll admit I was wrong. I was wrong about Chan, Nix & their decisions on how to improve our team. I felt that we needed much more work to start being competitive & after seeing the effort / heart the team has, the chemistry is working.

This team has a heartbeat bigger than most & talent that plays it's heart out, it shows on the scoreboard & in the stats. The efforts made by the players cannot go unrecognized & I hope that the powers that be step up & pay them accordingly, without the players having to voice themselves to the media.

This thread is designed to man up & call out past things you have said or thought that basically is like confession (Catholic thing). After doing this, think of the Whammie Weenie that we all are & hum the Bills shout song, then all things that you thought are purged & you can become a fan again.

GO BILLS!

I admit I was dead wrong about the new uniforms, I REALLY wanted the throwbacks and was not looking forward to the unveil after hearing they were going back to the 70's look, but these new digs look timeless and awesome, I could not be happier. They don't really look anything like the 70's unis, and have a look that's very distinctive.

I was also wrong about losing Poz, I didn't realize how average he really was.

And lastly, I was really wrong about Ryan Fitzpatrick's arm strength, he definitely has impressed me with a few of his throws this year.

If the team continues to play with this much passion, I won't be one bit disappointed with this season, regardless of the win/loss results.

True dat.

We've all been down this road before (2003, 2008).

We stunk it up to start 2003 if you count the first half & didn't have these kinds of stats. Bledsoe end up with 11 TD's starting all 16 games & was a statue at the end of his career, so I think the comparisons get more even on the WR front with a much younger group here.

Edited by Scrappy

I expected them to be better and I expected Fitz to evolve. It's been 2 games, post this again after 8 games. Besides you know some people are going to post they were wrong and then if the Bills lose to the Pats they will come back and say they were wrong again.

I have already acknowledged in another thread that I was wrong about Fitzbeardy.

However, I do not want to go so far as to say the team is "turned around." I truly believe they are headed in the right direction and they are putting the right pieces in place. I just keep in mind that 5-1 start a few years back. It is still hard to wash that sour taste out of my mouth. Do I think it will happen again under this regime? No, but it is also a stark reminder that winning a couple of games does not serve as the final indication of anything but a nascent trend.

For now I am happy that the Bills are at least competitive again and they are building the "know how" to win. Thay have not had that in a decade and it is very nice to see.

I have already acknowledged in another thread that I was wrong about Fitzbeardy.

However, I do not want to go so far as to say the team is "turned around." I truly believe they are headed in the right direction and they are putting the right pieces in place. I just keep in mind that 5-1 start a few years back. It is still hard to wash that sour taste out of my mouth. Do I think it will happen again under this regime? No, but it is also a stark reminder that winning a couple of games does not serve as the final indication of anything but a nascent trend.

For now I am happy that the Bills are at least competitive again and they are building the "know how" to win. Thay have not had that in a decade and it is very nice to see.

We had a historic victory sunday & scored a TD in every possession of a half, that's pretty rare air. Another thing is that the Jets are being picked to lose against the Raiders on PFT, so there is a respect for the Bills that's coming about. All of those things equal a turn around, which is a change of direction.

GO BILLS!

This same thread was started last week--you couldnt flagelate yourself in that one?

I picked 6-7 wins. I'll be happy to be wrong. I'll admit I was wrong about Chan if he avoids a losing season with the talent he has around him.

Otherwise, the predictions by many about Roscoe and Easley not completing the season were dead on. Also, those concerning Merriman also seem on target so far (unless you really believe he's being triple teamed on a regular basis--and yet we still can't sack the QB).

GREAT POST! I predicted a 8-8 would be a good year and anything more is a do able. I had a guy tell me he would drive out and buy me 50 wings if so. I wished I saved that. I can see the Bills going 9-7 or 10-6. I hope we beat the pats and said we might pull 1 win off from them.