Roscoe Out

Jdragon2

This is great news, Roosevelt was put on the 53 man roster.

No offense to Roscoe but, he is too small for the NFL it's just a fact.

Now Ruvell Martin can stay on special teams an Roosevelt's velcro hands can be put in action when 5 wide.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the chiefs have a far worse IR list than us...their three best players Berry, Charles and Moeaki all out for the year...

Yeah, our IR list isn't bad at all. Gotta stay healthy.

But if we keep losing guys, we'll resemble last years squad. Many people forget how many guys we were missing for the last 2 games last year.

Damn I feel very bad for Roscoe, 2 yrs in a row has to suck. Got to stay on the field tho.

I hope Namman takes advantage. He has good hands and you dont have to be a speed burner in the slot, he can get open quick enough.

CJ will get more chances out the slot hopefully. He just as fast as Roscoe and bigger.

I trust now The Chan will figure it out.

BTW, it just wouldn't be the Buffalo Bills if we were not stock piling guys (3 so far this year) on injured reserves.

...guys, this has to stop. I mean really, really. Yes, it is the NFL, but does anyone ever remember such activity with IRs with this franchise back in the Kelly days like we have seen in the last 4 years?

Three players at this point is pretty standard (and considering mcgee and parrish and their history -- sadly, not too surprising). And one of them has a heart ailment (not really sure how they could have avoided that one).

Damn I feel very bad for Roscoe, 2 yrs in a row has to suck. Got to stay on the field tho.

I hope Namman takes advantage. He has good hands and you dont have to be a speed burner in the slot, he can get open quick enough.

CJ will get more chances out the slot hopefully. He just as fast as Roscoe and bigger.

I trust now The Chan will figure it out.

That will be important this weekend. Although the Pats don't exactly have a great pass rush.

I think the chiefs have a far worse IR list than us...their three best players Berry, Charles and Moeaki all out for the year...

I respectfully disagree- Roscoe Parrish has been good when he plays, Terrence McGee WILL be missed after you watch McKelvin start more and more make terrible mistakes, and Marcus Easley earned the #3 WR spot but can't stay healthy to show what he can do.

All in all, our young guys are REALLY playing great, making the loss of the WRs not a big deal, but losing McGee IS a big deal.

It was a matter of time. And, this points to the utter absurdity of using a football team's first pick of a draft on a small gadget player.

This won't change. If a team is stupid enough to waste picks in this manner, consequences will be paid.

And btw, this doesn't apply to Brad Smith. He isn't a runt, and I don't care about his stats as long as he keeps getting us key first downs. We got him at a bargain price and imo, if he stays healthy he will win us at least 1 football game this season.

The kid can play!

Edited by Bill from NYC

Was it just me or were there a lot of people slipping on that field on sunday?

Thanks for bringing this up, shrader.

The weather was bright and sunny, it looked like California weather, the field wasn't wet from rain.

So why were there so many players slipping on the field? Were they not wearing the proper shoes?

I feel bad for Roscoe. Notwithstanding his size, the guy always was willing to go over the middle unlike some other former Bills WR I know. I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do for an entire year with Chan. I wonder if I will ever see that. Unlike some here, I hope I do but who knows . . . .

Hate to say this but I don't know why not every single person on this board didn't know it was inevitable that Parrish and McGee would be out by week 4-6? McGee has broken down more and more over his years and hasn't played a full season in what? 4 years? Roscoe has NEVER completed in a full season ever. It's clear McGee is broken and wearing down from all the abuse his body has taken from double duty as a returner a d a full time DB. It's also clearly obvious that Parrishs 170 lb body is too small and fragile for this mans game. The guy got a broken hand catching a ball a few years ago I mean cmon. This is the end of Roscoes career in Buffalo. He will not be brought back next year I'd almost guarantee. He'll end up like Dante Hall in a year or 2 playing special teams on punt returns. I'd guess they will hope McGee can male it back for a late season run but he won't be back next year either. It's blatantly obvious these guys can't stay on the field. And personally were better off without them and giving guys like Rogers, Williams, Aiken, and Rosevelt a shot at doing something for this teams future.

Any chance that Antonio Coleman comes back to the practice squad to replace Naaman? Also I would not mind seeing Spiller replace Roscoe on the field.

Alas, no.

Bills have added OG Keith Williams to the P-Squad. 2011 6th round pick by the Steelers, out of Nebraska.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/keith-williams?id=2495366

This brings up 2 points to me:

1. It seems the bills are really quick to drop players on IR for a 4-6 week injury. They did it a few times last year as I recall (Parrish, Batten, Davis and probably more). Granted they are mostly role or reserve players, but it seems too reactionary to me. I don't have any knowledge of the severity of injuries other than what I read online, but it is just a consistent impression I get from this front office.

2. I think the new CBA should have had some alteration to the IR policy----like a 4 week or 8 week mini-IR where the guys don't count towards the roster, but they can come back later when they get well. Sort of like the PUP in preseason.

Its just ridiculous to lose a year for the player, team, and fans for a relatively minor injury.

It was a matter of time. And, this points to the utter absurdity of using a football team's first pick of a draft on a small gadget player.

This won't change. If a team is stupid enough to waste picks in this manner, consequences will be paid.

And btw, this doesn't apply to Brad Smith. He isn't a runt, and I don't care about his stats as long as he keeps getting us key first downs. We got him at a bargain price and imo, if he stays healthy he will win us at least 1 football game this season.

The kid can play!

I think you will find out this year that CJ will be the future at RB for the Bills. Don't forget TT was a 2nd round pick just because he was injuried his last year in college. And he still went at 40th pick in the draft. No doubt FJ is the best back we have had in a long long time but I still think CJ can develop and will eventually live up to his draft hype. After all I saw him break a tackle last week :thumbsup:

This brings up 2 points to me:

1. It seems the bills are really quick to drop players on IR for a 4-6 week injury. They did it a few times last year as I recall (Parrish, Batten, Davis and probably more). Granted they are mostly role or reserve players, but it seems too reactionary to me. I don't have any knowledge of the severity of injuries other than what I read online, but it is just a consistent impression I get from this front office.

2. I think the new CBA should have had some alteration to the IR policy----like a 4 week or 8 week mini-IR where the guys don't count towards the roster, but they can come back later when they get well. Sort of like the PUP in preseason.

Its just ridiculous to lose a year for the player, team, and fans for a relatively minor injury.

1. There have to be tough decisions made, you have to keep guys who can play on the roster, there just isn't space if you don't.

2. Agree

Wow - McGee and Parrish each lasted about 2 plays this season...

Yep. No big surprise there. The thing I'm surprised about is that McGee hasn't been IR'd yet. This means they still hope he can come back and contribute in some scenario.

I say play Williams and Rogers.

BTW, it just wouldn't be the Buffalo Bills if we were not stock piling guys (3 so far this year) on injured reserves.

...guys, this has to stop. I mean really, really. Yes, it is the NFL, but does anyone ever remember such activity with IRs with this franchise back in the Kelly days like we have seen in the last 4 years?

The Bills haven't had a really significant injury to a really significant player in a long time… unless I'm forgetting someone.

They've not been a talented team until very recently and the few above average players that they've had over the last few years have managed to stay healthy.

It's not my impression that the Bills have been victimized by significant injuries.

Thanks for bringing this up, shrader.

The weather was bright and sunny, it looked like California weather, the field wasn't wet from rain.

So why were there so many players slipping on the field? Were they not wearing the proper shoes?

Yes, it was very noticeable that the players were slipping on Sunday.

My theory (cause what else could you point to?) is that because it's a brand new field, that it has some sort of chemical treatment (perhaps to make it UV resistant) that's causing the slickness… and that in time, this will wear off the surface.