So......how do we do it?

buffalo_bills

So far this year, Brady and the pats offense look unstoppable.They picked apart two respectable defenses already, and theyre coming to OUR house, for probably the biggest game this team has had in years. Truth is, i don't think we will stop Brady. I don't think any defense can truly STOP this offense. However, i do think we can win this game.

How though? That remains the question. Well, quite frankly, i am not high on this Pats defense, and i think we can put up points on them. We need to RUN the ball, early and often. Our run game has been unstoppable so far, and we'll need more of the same on Sunday.Sustain long drives, don't let Brady hit the field.I have every bit of confidence in our offense that we will be able to put up points.

The biggest factor of the game however will be turnovers. We cannot afford to turn the ball over. An offense as good at the Patriots will take advantage of those all day. If our D can force a turnover or two, and we protect and pound the football all day, i think we have a fair shot at ending this streak, and winning the biggest game of the last 6 years.

I Billieve! GO Bills!

Time of Possession is key in this game in my opinion which means running the ball. Keeping Brady on the bench seems like a good idea to me.

NE's tight ends are scary. It's their bread and butter nowadays. I fear OchoCinco could have a good game if the Bills key in on the TE's alone.

4 Man pressure is also needed. Blitzing Brady is a bad idea.

Aaron Williams as a rookie will need a good game. I can see them putting him on some of the TE's due to his size.

Bryon Scot who plays that Safety/Backer hybrid will also need to step up.

BOOM

although pressuring Brady isnt good enough. We need hit him early and often. Pressure wont rattle him, but if Merriman hits him, and Dareus crushes him, we can knock them off their game.

+1

This is how the giants beat them in the superbowl. They gave all teams a blueprint. However it's more difficult than it looks.

If I were coaching it, I would strive for long offensive possessions designed to keep 3rd and short situations. I would be in no hurry to snap the ball and I would expect to get touchdowns every drive and be very aggressive on 4th and 1 or less inside the Red Zone. On defense look for a lot of Scott and Searcy playing near the line of scrimmage. We need to have big bodies in the box that can cover. I would imagine to see lots of stunts from the defensive front. Look for Merriman to get a sack up the middle on a stunt. Also, I believe that you CAN blitz NE if you do it correctly. My thought is that we should try to send Morrison and Barnett on delayed blitzes. Give a "1 Mississippi" before keying on a hole in the pass protection and hit the QB. I'll take 1 "Roughing the Passer" Penalty because I think it would be worth it. Also, Byrd needs to get us an INT. I would look for this to come in the Red Zone. The field shrinks and he'll be able to dart from inside out and outside in to make a play. If we can get 7 scoring drives (TDs and FGs) we should be in a position to win. If we can win the TO battle we should win this game. We can score just as well as Brady and the Patriots. We just have to execute and play our game and make them play our tempo.

IMO the Bills need to:

-Run, run, dink and dunk with an occasional shot down field on offense with a few WC plays that Smith does not miss WIDE OPEN receivers on. O-line must continue the good work.

-Blitz early and play disciplined D-fence. Will need to be creative as well.

The D has been Pretty vanilla thus far. Not positive, but do we know how many times Merriman has actually been turned lose after the QB? I know he's been invisible.

You all have it wrong. Just score more points!

We are not going to win a shootout with the Pats.....he has it right.

Long drives will hopefully throw off Brady's timing from sitting for too long.....and hopefully will make the Pats more predictable.

I notice that we are not blitzing a lot in the 1st two games.....I actually wonder if it was in preparation for the pats....not to unleash blitzes on Brady but to prepare the team for the type of defense they will NEED to play against Brady. We CANNOT live on the Blitz....Brady eats that up like candy....we have to get pressure from our down linemen (with some hits on Brady).....long scoring drives with 7's instead of 3's........and make Brady have some 3 and outs......

This is gonna be a tough game......I am hoping that our new look defense will cause some havoc out there as we are a lot bigger and meaner.

I'm gonna paraphrase the words of Bill "the butcher" Cutting but....

Fitzpatrick... Jackson... Johnson... Dareus... Williams... Each of these Five Players is a finger. When I close my hand it becomes a fist. And, if I wish, I can turn it against you.

Edited by The Wiz

So far this year, Brady and the pats offense look unstoppable.They picked apart two respectable defenses already, and theyre coming to OUR house, for probably the biggest game this team has had in years. Truth is, i don't think we will stop Brady. I don't think any defense can truly STOP this offense. However, i do think we can win this game.

How though? That remains the question. Well, quite frankly, i am not high on this Pats defense, and i think we can put up points on them. We need to RUN the ball, early and often. Our run game has been unstoppable so far, and we'll need more of the same on Sunday.Sustain long drives, don't let Brady hit the field.I have every bit of confidence in our offense that we will be able to put up points.

The biggest factor of the game however will be turnovers. We cannot afford to turn the ball over. An offense as good at the Patriots will take advantage of those all day. If our D can force a turnover or two, and we protect and pound the football all day, i think we have a fair shot at ending this streak, and winning the biggest game of the last 6 years.

I Billieve! GO Bills!

I want to see the Bills play sound, fundamental football in all phases of the game, with no turnovers, period. If they do that, then they have a chance to win. I would love to see them win as much as any other fan. However, if they play a complete football game to their abilities and do not win, it will still give me a pretty good idea of where this team is at. I have been a passionate Bills fan since I was old enough to understand the game (44 years now), went to my first game in 1968, was a season ticket holder when I lived close enough to attend games, and have lived through highs of highs and lows of lows. This is an improving team that is gaining confidence and developing a winning attitude - and they have given us two great games to start the season. As a fan, they have given me hope and optimism again. The results of the game this weekend is not going to change that one bit. Considering, before the season started, the vast majority of posters had this team, at best, with a .500 record (and many had us in the Luck sweepstakes), I would think far more fans would be happier than they are.