Chan vs, Bill B

bananathumb

I would have liked to see get Dareus and Heard involved in the short yardage game. I think this is what separates physically dominant teams and good teams. The Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Patriots go for it in that situation. If we are down 14-0 against New England in a similar situation down near the goal line we should go for it.

Edited by BiggieScooby

Will old Chan panic like he did this week when we play NE? Less than a foot on fourth and he kicks. Won't win it against Billy, Chan. C'mon, be a man.

Yeah if I were the coach in that situation I would have gone for it. BUT it ended up being the right call as the team needed those 3 points in the end. I think that in the first half things were getting out of hand quick. They had a nice drive and while it stalled in the redzone they still needed to try and get something positive out of that drive even if it was only 3 points.

It was the right call those 3 points were the difference in the game. Going up against the Pats* I do think that you have to play much more aggressive.

Edited by billsfan89

Did you happen to notice how many points we won the Raiders game by?

True...But

Lindell also missed one.

Was it blocked a bit?

I dont love Lindell. He is sort of a chump, and I just never feel great about him in clutch situations.

Oh well, could be worse...

I guess I like him since he is a Bill.

I have to give it to PTR. At the time of the FG, he was the only one - on the board or in the Shout Box - who said taking the points was a good idea.

most of the chat room was on board with taking the points. There was very little doubt it was the right call with the Bills set to get the ball in the 2nd half.

Edited by jeremy2020

Going for points was the smart thing. Had to take the points to get something going.

In these 2 games there were at least 3 crucial plays on which Chan went the opposite direction from what I wanted to do. Results? We won 2 games. :thumbsup:

When Jauron was coach, I was almost always right when I disagreed with him on crucial plays and for that matter, the idiotic draft picks of the Levy/Jauron era. Only a Bills fan can even begin to understand this unlikely scenario. :oops:

It really is great to have competent people in charge for a change.

True...But

Lindell also missed one.

Was it blocked a bit?

I dont love Lindell. He is sort of a chump, and I just never feel great about him in clutch situations.

Oh well, could be worse...

I guess I like him since he is a Bill.

Do yourself a favor and look up Lindell's stats -- particularly in clutch situations. He's no "chump." Just because the Bills have sucked while he's been here doesn't take away from his individual performance. And if you're still sore about the missed chip shot against Pittsburgh in 2004...well...you need to get a life.

Do yourself a favor and look up Lindell's stats -- particularly in clutch situations. He's no "chump." Just because the Bills have sucked while he's been here doesn't take away from his individual performance. And if you're still sore about the missed chip shot against Pittsburgh in 2004...well...you need to get a life.

I'm sore about the miss v Cleveland on the Monday night game.

In these 2 games there were at least 3 crucial plays on which Chan went the opposite direction from what I wanted to do. Results? We won 2 games. :thumbsup:

When Jauron was coach, I was almost always right when I disagreed with him on crucial plays and for that matter, the idiotic draft picks of the Levy/Jauron era. Only a Bills fan can even begin to understand this unlikely scenario. :oops:

It really is great to have competent people in charge for a change.

With Jauron, the opposite approach was always right.

Seriously, though, Jauron would do stupid things in these same scenarios, like punt on the opposing team's 40 yard line on 4th and 1, and down by two scores. But then, on 3rd and 1 and needing to ice the game, he would call a Losman bomb. He had poor game day skills, and had no understanding of his personnel and their limitations.

I can see folks debating Chan's call in this game, but I think it was the smart and right move-- the offense had two pretty good drives in the first half, and getting some points on the board would be nice momentum to get things going.

I can see folks debating Chan's call in this game, but I think it was the smart and right move-- the offense had two pretty good drives in the first half, and getting some points on the board would be nice momentum to get things going.

Fitz deserves a ton of credit as well. I remember being at a home opener against Denver, absolutely knowing that Losman couldn't complete a winning td pass at the end of the game. On Sunday, I actually had faith in Fitz that he could do something to win. I liken him to a modern day Flutie, except that he is bigger, better, and much easier to like.

But yes, Chan's calls did turn out right and the beauty is that (imo), Chan's best atribute as a coach is the fact that he is a teacher. He may not sound like one, but my hunch is that he is an intellectual type, and is able to get players to buy into his system. Cowher did say this about him after we signed him.

Can you only imagine the momentum if we could somehow win this football game on Sunday? :thumbsup: