3 - 0

This. Secondary really worried me today. They are going to need to step up in a BIG way next week.

They were not good today, but the Bills defensive staff has put a tremendous burden on them both of the first two weeks.

They geared everything toward shutting down two powerful ground attack and left the defensive backfield undermanned with a lot of turf to cover.

That will change next week.

They were not good today, but the Bills defensive staff has put a tremendous burden on them both of the first two weeks.

They geared everything toward shutting down two powerful ground attack and left the defensive backfield undermanned with a lot of turf to cover.

Good point. Next weeks game plan should be a lot different from this week and last week. Hopefully the secondary can make some plays against the Pats*.

I agree. They will get more safety and lb help next week.

Thank goodness for a keyboard as I have no voice left.

I know and have said so in the gameday thread I believe, still Raiders did write a manual for the Pats* on who our weak corners are amd how to exploit them. Changing up to more balanced or pass protection schemes will help some but I'm defenitely worried about how much that will be. Also when we really needed pass protection on the front today we failed to deliver.... Then again the Radiers o-line >>> Pats* hurt and weakened o-line.

I know and have said so in the gameday thread I believe, still Raiders did write a manual for the Pats* on who our weak corners are amd how to exploit them. Changing up to more balanced or pass protection schemes will help some but I'm defenitely worried about how much that will be. Also when we really needed pass protection on the front today we failed to deliver.... Then again the Radiers o-line >>> Pats* hurt and weakened o-line.

I don't see where you are getting that about the pass protection? 0 sacks today and. O qb hits on final drive. Where are you getting that from?

+1

Game plan was to probably let Campbell beat us, and he nearly did.

I have a feeling the Bills might be content letting Benjarvis Green-Ellis try to beat us next week, rather than Brady.

This is not a perfect defense; we need to win by gameplanning.

It'll be interesting. The best way to beat the pats is if they are sleeping on you. Every now and then they start to coast a little. I'd say a division game against a 2-0 team will have their eyes on us. Hopefully we have some sort of wrinkle they don't expect so we can dictate atleast a little. I put us at 50-50 on both these first games but even after seeing how well we played (and I missed today but read a lot of feedback) I still cringe trying to go anywhere past 75-25 pats. That's a huge step up and makes for a winnable game but it would still be a big surprise for me.

But heck... By my math we only had about 25% chance of being 2-0

Edited by NoSaint

Our defense played horribly and they know it. Next week needs to be better.

Just a thought, havent seen too much wildcat or trick plays. Maybe Gailey has some surprises for New England next week?

Doesnt want to give them any film to prepare for.

3-0 isnt impossible. It seems even more possible after this game. This game proves they are ready for a real challenge.

[ name='Simon' timestamp='1316378680' post='2251538']

[/quote If that was a big burden going against the top two rushing teams in the NFL last year and two of the worst passing teams. and if you thought the DBs were heavily burdened so far, you haven't watched Brady either of the first two weeks. The Bills have the potential to beat the Pats next week, but they have to play an entire good game, not just a half on one side of the ball. The defense was pretty much invisible all day, and Fitz and the offense weren't much better the first half. Fitz only had one pick today, but with a little more bad luck he had 5 or 6. If the receivers drop as many passes as they did today, mainly Johnson, they don't have a chance. If they commit as many penalties as they did in the first half they don't have a chance. If they only play a half of a game or so next week, they have already lost. They can win, but they have to look more like they did last week than they did this week.

Edited by billsfreak

I am by no means predicting a win next week. But, perhaps the single best way to beat the Pats* next week was to win today... especially in the fashion they won.

This team has confidence. They really believe they can win now. The defense knows it can take some chances because the offense can bail them out. The offense knows it can come back if the defense gets down by a few scores. They all have confidence that the coaches can make the proper adjustments.

One thing I will expect next week.... this team absolutely will not quit. The Pats* will get 60 minutes of football from a hungry team with a chip on its shoulder.

Go Bills!

OK, I'm not agreeing with the "We have to win in shoot out fashion" nor the "we have send everyone after Brady" crowd either. The way to beat Brady is to confuse him. There is a reason the Bills run a mixture of different defensive fronts and that reason is to beat the Patriots. The thing that will pay off with our D is that we can get away with not loading the box like we had to do against the last 2 running teams.

We have some big men that can get after Brady without having to send extra people on the blitz. Personally, I think NEs o-line is suspect to giving up sacks. Brady is a pure pocket passer that likes to step into his pocket. Kyle and Marcel will take that away from him. We also have some LBs that can get after him from the edge. Beating Brady is all about not letting him know when guys are going to blitz or drop into coverage.

We are not going to completely shut him down, but we can definitely slow him down enough to let our offense do the rest. The game is winnable and I can guarantee that our defenders are licking their chops.