Enjoy your last Bills game someone

ieatcrayonz

Don't look up

I know there are a lot of people reading this board. A big satellite will be crashing to Earth sometime between Bills/Raiders and Bills/Patriots. A disturbing quote from the article:

There is a 1-in-3,200 chance of satellite debris hitting a person on the ground, odds that NASA says are extremely remote. Outside experts agree.

I don't know about you, but 1 in 3200 doesn't sound too remote to me. I would bet that more than 3200 people post on this board so odds are someone on here will be getting hit. I can't imagine surviving. We should pray for each other if so inclined. I will be thinking of you.

Enjoy what may be your last Bills game. :cry:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your last Bills game someone

With 70,000 people in attendance, odds are it will be someone's last Bills game. If that's the case, give it all you have, yell and make as much noise as possible, I can guarantee I will not have a voice on Monday...

With 70,000 people in attendance, odds are it will be someone's last Bills game. If that's the case, give it all you have, yell and make as much noise as possible, I can guarantee I will not have a voice on Monday...

It is not falling until the 23rd and there are no football games that day.

Unless I'm really missing something here . . . the odds are 1 in 3200 that on the entire earth, at least one person will get hit (that there's a very high chance that NO ONE will get hit), NOT that each individual person has a 1 in 3200 chance of being hit (that there's virtually guaranteed to be mass casualties)!!!

Don't look up

I don't know about you, but 1 in 3200 doesn't sound too remote to me. I would bet that more than 3200 people post on this board so odds are someone on here will be getting hit. I can't imagine surviving. We should pray for each other if so inclined. I will be thinking of you.

Enjoy what may be your last Bills game. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGpQ4O0poB0

Too funny, I noticed the same thing. That would mean 82 people in Buffalo will be hit by satellite debris, given the city's population, and 1,484 in Atlanta.

Regardless of the fact that the odds represent someone, not your chance, 1 in 3,200 still seems like a good shot taken at face value.

Unless I'm really missing something here . . . the odds are 1 in 3200 that on the entire earth, at least one person will get hit (that there's a very high chance that NO ONE will get hit), NOT that each individual person has a 1 in 3200 chance of being hit (that there's virtually guaranteed to be mass casualties)!!!

That's not what it says. It says one oout of every 3200 people will be hit. Be careful out there.

Not to get people too alarmed, but...that thing is pretty darn large. 6 tons. A satellite of that size requires a lot of power, and I'm guessing (correctly) that the Energizer Bunny isn't involved. Nor is diesel, nor is wind power, nor are hydrogen cells. I'm guessing that it's not wood-fired, either.

A four ton Russian satellite came down in northern Canada in 1978. That satellite had over 100 pounds of Uranium 235.

Just sayin'...