Enjoy your last Bills game someone

ieatcrayonz

Not to get people too alarmed, but...that thing is pretty darn large. 6 tons. A satellite of that size requires a lot of power, and I'm guessing (correctly) that the Energizer Bunny isn't involved. Nor is diesel, nor is wind power, nor are hydrogen cells. I'm guessing that it's not wood-fired, either.

A four ton Russian satellite came down in northern Canada in 1978. That satellite had over 100 pounds of Uranium 235.

Just sayin'...

So when they say all those people will be hit do they mean by radiation?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when they say all those people will be hit do they mean by radiation?

I don't know, Crayons.

But a four-ton satellite came down in Canada with a boatload of uranium. I don't think this one's coming down with 6 tons of Easter eggs.

I don't know, Crayons.

But a four-ton satellite came down in Canada with a boatload of uranium. I don't think this one's coming down with 6 tons of Easter eggs.

Just one minute here.......

Can exposure to uranium, say over the course of 33 years or so, make people incredibly idiotic?

I don't know, Crayons.

So what DO you think it's coming down with? So far we've eliminated easter eggs, hydrogen cells, the Energizer Bunny, and firewood. I'll assume we can also exclude Sally Field, an original manuscript of Shakespeare's The Tempest, and the driveshaft off a '78 Pinto.

So what is it you're "just saying" it's coming down with?

So what DO you think it's coming down with? So far we've eliminated easter eggs, hydrogen cells, the Energizer Bunny, and firewood. I'll assume we can also exclude Sally Field, an original manuscript of Shakespeare's The Tempest, and the driveshaft off a '78 Pinto.

I learned to NEVER eliminate Sally Field. Ever.

An entire army or raptors to attack the rest of Easley's family?

Whew....as long as we're OK and just lands on little Zumfofo (or maybe his entire village) I'm cool with that - bad stuff happens all the time in the third world - if you're not dying of ameobic dysentery a sattelite is falling on your head - as long as it doesn't screw up my DirecTv.........

Not to get people too alarmed, but...that thing is pretty darn large. 6 tons. A satellite of that size requires a lot of power, and I'm guessing (correctly) that the Energizer Bunny isn't involved. Nor is diesel, nor is wind power, nor are hydrogen cells. I'm guessing that it's not wood-fired, either.

A four ton Russian satellite came down in northern Canada in 1978. That satellite had over 100 pounds of Uranium 235.

Just sayin'...

You forgot solar panels? http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_used_to_power_a_satellite

Internal Electrical Power:

The main power in satellite is from solar cells. Other sources are batteries and fuel cells.

Nuclear power has its role in heating/powering satellites as well. Every once in awhile folks get antsy when a reactor powered satellite de-orbits and crashes.

Other Power:

Satellites also have external power (thrust) for changing orbit and orientation and as a final de-orbitting mechanism. This may be in the form or chemical fuel. Ion discharges (electrical) may also be used for low power

It should be noted as well that if this is a US Intell satellite it may have some nuclear component. It would depend on a lot of things to even find our if it is one, NASA lies a lot. But don't worry it would be much more efficiently powered than a 1960s Soviet satellite (the Soviets put many more in orbit than the US) in terms of it's nuclear fuel (if it used it at all).