Ralph Wilson Missing Home Opener, suffered a broken hip back in June

sweatpantsjoe

Incorrectly grading players? I agree. False reports? I would say it was more incompetence than making stuff up.

BTW, check out this quote from Wilson:

"I don't think we've missed one day of talking since he's been with us," the owner said. "I finally found out after all these years you have to have a scout ... a football guy, as your general manager. He's got to go out and see the player, talk to the player, talk to his family, see how interested he is in the game. That's what Buddy does."

Hey Ralph...Bill Polian says hi! <_<

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he gets better soon. The past "GM's" I think were giving him false reports and incorrectly grading the players, making Ralph spend too much money on medicore players, and then not having enough to re-sign important players.

Also, I didn't know that Ralph lived exclusivley in Detroit. Does he have a house in Buffalo, or does he fly back and forth for each game? If so, that's kind of amazing for someone his age.

I agree too!! If he does fly back and forth, I amagine it is on a private jet

that is far more comfortable than commercial.

"I think when you own a professional sports team it's your obligation to the fans and the people in your area to do the best job you can to win."

Terry Pegula 9-15-2011

I think it's time for Pegula to make Ralph an offer he can't refuse after he finds some friends to put a horse's head in Ralph's bed.

Wow, that could be a death sentence for people his age. But he seems in good spirits in this article and that he's on the road to recovery.Wilson will miss first home opener.....

A hip fracture has an approximately 50% percent mortality rate in the elderly, that being said the fact fact he was willingly to give an interview hopefully bodes well for his future health.

Hope he gets better soon. The past "GM's" I think were giving him false reports and incorrectly grading the players, making Ralph spend too much money on medicore players, and then not having enough to re-sign important players.

Also, I didn't know that Ralph lived exclusivley in Detroit. Does he have a house in Buffalo, or does he fly back and forth for each game? If so, that's kind of amazing for someone his age.

Ralph owns a condo in Buffalo in Williamsville not far from the airport.

He has the money for the best care. I love the guy even when I cant stand him. He's a legend

of the game, and when he's gone we'll all be very sad. If he has a plan to keep Bills in BFLO

we'll be even more grateful. When he goes it will be a big loss.

A hip fracture has an approximately 50% percent mortality rate in the elderly, that being said the fact fact he was willingly to give an interview hopefully bodes well for his future health.

I did a quick glance through a Geriatrics textbook on the subject, and most of the morbidity/mortality from hip fractures is secondary to a lack of mobility (e.g., deep vein thrombosis, septicemia -- I assume from bed sores -- pneumonia, etc.), which may not be applicable to Ralph. And it looks like many of the complications occur relatively early on (e.g., first few weeks). If he is as active as he says he is with rehab, God willing he is slowly but surely making his way out of the woods as we speak.

Edited by OvrOfficiousJerk

Incorrectly grading players? I agree. False reports? I would say it was more incompetence than making stuff up.

BTW, check out this quote from Wilson:

"I don't think we've missed one day of talking since he's been with us," the owner said. "I finally found out after all these years you have to have a scout ... a football guy, as your general manager. He's got to go out and see the player, talk to the player, talk to his family, see how interested he is in the game. That's what Buddy does."

I just got around to the morning paper and read that quote and the first thing I thought is, really? Did you forget about a cat you once had named Bill Polian that did little else but put your team in the Super Bowl year after year?

Mr. Wilson i hope you heal soon and are able to enjoy our next couple of seasons on the rise. We might turn out alright and i hope you can join us for the next ride up to the superbowl. I laughed how you phrased your injury and rehab. Sound a little like Chan reporting on a player.

" well, i will let the trainers and coaches tell me when i am ready, doing all i can but taking it slow so i can return to full speed, and looking forward to getting back on the field with the team and helping us win"

Thats what i think about The Ralph.

Ralph owns a condo in Buffalo in Williamsville not far from the airport.

He has the money for the best care. I love the guy even when I cant stand him. He's a legend

of the game, and when he's gone we'll all be very sad. If he has a plan to keep Bills in BFLO

we'll be even more grateful. When he goes it will be a big loss.

Agreement from this side of the aisle.

"I was in the TV room watching the finals of the French Open, I came back to the bedroom and lost my balance," Wilson told The Buffalo News by phone Thursday.

When people start falling its usually a sign that soon they will decline and time is running out.