Ralph Wilson Missing Home Opener, suffered a broken hip back in June

sweatpantsjoe

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think RW has woken up from the last 10 years of sleep. I think someone was lying to him about the state of affairs. It is nice having a football team again. Last year was a rough start with a decent finish and the parts seem in place for a great year. I hope he gets better.

Hope he gets better soon. The past "GM's" I think were giving him false reports and incorrectly grading the players, making Ralph spend too much money on medicore players, and then not having enough to re-sign important players.

Also, I didn't know that Ralph lived exclusivley in Detroit. Does he have a house in Buffalo, or does he fly back and forth for each game? If so, that's kind of amazing for someone his age.

The past "GM's" I think were giving him false reports and incorrectly grading the players, making Ralph spend too much money on medicore players, and then not having enough to re-sign important players.

Incorrectly grading players? I agree. False reports? I would say it was more incompetence than making stuff up.

BTW, check out this quote from Wilson:

"I don't think we've missed one day of talking since he's been with us," the owner said. "I finally found out after all these years you have to have a scout ... a football guy, as your general manager. He's got to go out and see the player, talk to the player, talk to his family, see how interested he is in the game. That's what Buddy does."

I wish him all the best, and he can certainly afford the best care there is, but a broken hip for anyone of advanced age is almost always followed by a decline. Hopefully his resources will help slow that decline and soften the inevitable.

Incorrectly grading players? I agree. False reports? I would say it was more incompetence than making stuff up.

BTW, check out this quote from Wilson:

"I don't think we've missed one day of talking since he's been with us," the owner said. "I finally found out after all these years you have to have a scout ... a football guy, as your general manager. He's got to go out and see the player, talk to the player, talk to his family, see how interested he is in the game. That's what Buddy does."

Really? Really? Sorry, but this statement is pretty upsetting on so many levels....

Just waiting for the usual suspects to come in and dispute Ralph's comment that he isn't in this for the money.

Get well soon, Ralph. And stop being so cheap.

They're all in the comments section of the article.

Here's my sarcastic view of some parts of the article.

"Buddy and Chan have done a fabulous job in identifying players that have been cut by other teams and working with them,"

Translation: We're finding players on the cheap, just the way I like it.

Wilson said he calls Nix every morning.

"I don't think we've missed one day of talking since he's been with us,"

Translation: Ralph is still meddling into what the GM is trying to do.

"I'm in the game not to make money but because I love it, just like the fans in Buffalo, who are so passionate about the team. So right now, I'm having a lot of fun."

Translation: BS, see quote #1.