So up late and watched the Raiders

D521646

Ok, so I braved the late night game and watched the Raiders closely, and I have a few thoughts on what we need to do to beat them. IN no particular order.

1. Pressure Campbell - We should be able to do this effectively = win

2. Plug up the holes inside with Our DT's and win the edge - McFadden runs more for the edge than inside and this is where we need to stop him = win/loss

3. Dicipline - Raiders looked young and undiciplined last night, and this is a big plus for us, if we stay as diciplined as in the KC game. = win

4. TE's will be big in this game as they were in KC. Move the ball around and we will be fine = win

5. One on one our CB's match up well with the Raiders, WR's. This will give us a lot more options with strong nickle packages. = win

6. Solid tackling will win the day. = win

7. Turnovers. Keep them down, and we = win

I didn't see anything last night from Oakland that particularily scared me, other than the Reece/McFadden combo, but I think we have the personell that can take them on. We just need to execute.

My predicition is a Bills win. 27 - 14

Bills 2 - 0 Vs. New England!

Don't ask me how we beat NE, I have no frigging idea.. LOL

Tim-

If our O-Line plays good again Fitz will eat em alive!!!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kind of sounds like a Chiefs fan from last week, eh? :rolleyes:

The Bills defense is a whole different animal from last year - four new and better starters and a full season under their belts in the new 3-4 scheme.

The starters were stuffing everyone's run games during the preseason, and that carried over to last week.

I'm not making any guarantees - just warning you not to bet your car on the outcome.

Not trying to be an arse but if you think The Chiefs Dline or Olines for that matter can match the raiders physicality than your in for a rude awakening. Its a total diffrent beast your talking about. ( ask any team fan base in Afc West)

Again I didn't see your game but looking at the stats the chiefs look like they ran the football well against the Bills but just didn't do enough of it. Sometimes stats are misleading.

Again Raiders haven't faired that well playing that early traveling all the way across the country. So I don't think it will be a blowout but i think Raiders win this one by seven points. Probably the way Raiders give up unnecessary penalties. Bills with last possessin and raiders up by four. Have to sweat out another one.

BTw a interesting stat Go look up teams Raiders faced and there record after playing the raiders. It was real bad. Thats because raiders are so physical on both sides that it takes alot out of your team.

when talking about the raiders' running game, don't forget michael bush. he's run for 1200 yards the past 2 years (not starting most of the time)

As a Bills fan I would be more concerned with D Mcfadden and Taiwan jones than Bush. Both those guys can take it to the house from anywhere whewther its a pass or a run. M Bush just goping to pound a defense.

Edited by Raiderjoe

Not trying to be an arse but if you think The Chiefs Dline or Olines for that matter can match the raiders physicality than your in for a rude awakening. Its a total diffrent beast your talking about. ( ask any team fan base in Afc West)

Again I didn't see your game but looking at the stats the chiefs look like they ran the football well against the Bills but just didn't do enough of it. Sometimes stats are misleading.

Again Raiders haven't faired that well playing that early traveling all the way across the country. So I don't think it will be a blowout but i think Raiders win this one by seven points. Probably the way Raiders give up unnecessary penalties. Bills with last possessin and raiders up by four. Have to sweat out another one.

BTw a interesting stat Go look up teams Raiders faced and there record after playing the raiders. It was real bad. Thats because raiders are so physical on both sides that it takes alot out of your team.

Stats are misleading indeed. The Chiefs had two big runs for 24 and 23 yards that boosted their average to 6 yards per carry...but what is important is the # of carries...The Bills stopped their run game when it counted....when they needed 3rd downs, the Bills stopped them.

Having said that, this will be a more close game. However, the Bills do have Home field advantage and can cause disruption to Campbell's game. If the Bills can maintain their balance in offense, they win this game.

If our O-Line plays good again Fitz will eat em alive!!!!!

If your oline does you just might but thats easier said than done against Raiders dline. So many opposing team fans just don't realize how good that dline is. When we see Eric Pears starting at RT for you- alot of Raider fans confidence goes way up.

Stats are misleading indeed. The Chiefs had two big runs for 24 and 23 yards that boosted their average to 6 yards per carry...but what is important is the # of carries...The Bills stopped their run game when it counted....when they needed 3rd downs, the Bills stopped them.

Having said that, this will be a more close game. However, the Bills do have Home field advantage and can cause disruption to Campbell's game. If the Bills can maintain their balance in offense, they win this game.

Thats Mcfadden game he breaks more twenty plus runs than anyone else. Raiders are going to go with their Two back formations Reece and Mcfadden. Than right before the snap they will move Reece outside so they can get him on the Lb or safety. M reece is really a WR playing FB. So thats going to be real tough for Bills to matchup with him. Another thing Is raiders are one of the best screen teams around. Say what you want about their Oline but those guys are great getting out to the second level. Mcfadden and taiwan Jones with a convoy of blockers in front of them are going to be extremely tough to handle. I think this game will come down to the last drive of the game as im expoecting a nail biter.

As a Bills fan I would be more concerned with D Mcfadden and Taiwan jones than Bush. Both those guys can take it to the house from anywhere whewther its a pass or a run. M Bush just goping to pound a defense.

Should be a good game, I do not think a blow out. It really is hard to gauge teams on one game either way. I think Buffalo has the advantage because of the Raiders short week, and the home field advantage. In 5 minutes I think I saw 2 or 3 false starts by the Raiders (2 in a row). The Ralph will be loud, very loud.

How did the Raiders run D look? From the box score, the Broncos had 30 yards rushing or something weak like that. Was that a product of how good the Raiders are against the run?

Here is the deal . Raiders dline is very hard to run against as they are equally effective against the run and pass. IF you able to get pass that dline Raiders LBs might not be where they suppose to be(Ie Q Groves) They are suspectible to giving up one or two big rushes a game(that was the MO last year) Last night Q Groves was alot more consistant in that area and it makes a big diffrence. can hed do that for two game staight. Betting money says no. For that reason speed back probably better than a pounder.

Should be a good game, I do not think a blow out. It really is hard to gauge teams on one game either way. I think Buffalo has the advantage because of the Raiders short week, and the home field advantage. In 5 minutes I think I saw 2 or 3 false starts by the Raiders (2 in a row). The Ralph will be loud, very loud.

Wow your really going out on a limit there. False starts. Raiders have doen a real poor job traveling across country playing an early game. For that reason alone i know its not going to be easy game and it wil probably come down to who has the ball last.

Edited by Raiderjoe

Here is the deal . Raiders dline is very hard to run against as they are equally effective against the run and pass. IF you able to get pass that dline Raiders LBs might not be where they suppose to be(Ie Q Groves) They are suspectible to giving up one or two big rushes a game(that was the MO last year) Last night Q Groves was alot more consistant in that area and it makes a big diffrence. can hed do that for two game staight. Betting money says no. For that reason speed back probably better than a pounder.

Wow your really going out on a limit there. False starts. Raiders have doen a real poor job traveling across country playing an early game. For that reason alone i know its not going to be easy game and it wil probably come down to who has the ball last.

Undisciplined 15 penalties for 131 yards, that is what I'm getting at. That and you will be in hostile territory with less prep time. Little things like that make the difference in a close game.

I also think the combination of the short week, and the cross country trip, is a killer for the Raiders. They will just have enough time to get ready for the Bills new look when Chan the evil genius cooks something else up for him and Roscoe, Brad Smith and CJ get all the plays instead of Chandler and D Nelson and Jones. Also, even though our line is still a major liability, we're huge, which should hopefully negate some of the Raiders DL power. The crowd should be a factor. I think the Bills win by a TD.

I wouldn't read too much how raiders passing game looked against Broncos as raiders were holding alot of there weapons out as they didn't want anyone of them to get hurt with the bad weather.

HOMER ALERT, HOMER ALERT!!

Did you seriously just say that? Do you honestly think that any NFL team would be arrogant enough to think they could "hold out" their weapons so they wouldn't get hurt in a division game? Cmon Son.

I watched the game last night scouting both teams as we play Denver later this year. Oakland looks like they'll be an all day sucker for the Bills. Should be a tough hard fought game. While Oakland's DLine is tough, Denver with their week offensive line was able to passify then for the most part. The Raiders got a lot of help from Denver in that game with the fumble by Orton and many dropped footballs by Denver.

I think Fred should do well against them. I also think our OLine along with smart game planning/play calling by Coach Gailey will be able to neutralize the Raiders D enough. The real question is going to be if we can stop McFadden/Reece/Bush/Jones. But even so, I think we can outscore them if it comes to that.

A bus load of hookers with the flu to the NE locker room on Thursday comes to mind ;)

Not to put ideas into somebody's head but jeah sounds like a plan, what 's the incubation time on flue again? Also remember couple of seasons ago ne* fans* kept setting off the alarm in the Bills hotel...