So up late and watched the Raiders

D521646

Are you really listing the heights of your defensive line as an advantage? So your line averages 6'6 and the Bills line averages 6'4, and that is really an advantage? I really think you are grasping at straws here.

We are all homers but you are over the top with a lot of what you're saying. The Bills did stop the run very well against the Chiefs, they had 2 containment breakdowns, (one when the second stringers were in during garbage time) which made the ypc look bad. All you are doing is talking just like everyone else out there who doesn't actually watch the Bills play.

If I want to go by your logic....if the Bills try to run it, it's playing to the Raiders strength. If the Bills try to throw it, it's playing to the Raiders strength. The Bills can't stop the Raiders rushing attack and if they do try they can't stop the Raiders passing attack... does that sum it up nicely?

And all of these Raider Joe observations are based of of week one.....

- One of which was against the team that picked 1 slot ahead of us in the draft....fumbled the ball 4 times....and the game was close at the end

- The other game was over at halftime....and the backups played against the Cheifs starters nearly the entire 4th quarter

I think he is freaked out and scared of our team

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know damn well that this is all a huge setup.

We'll demolish the Raiders and the networks won't be able to help themselves and it'll be Bills/Patriots on national television.

That always seems to end so well for us. :beer:

Raider, perhaps you should go back and watch the bills chiefs game. You know, the team we just demolished at home, who beat the raiders last year for the AFC west title. Not only that, but who exactly did the raiders add that will make them better than last year. They lost their best corner and tight end and they couldn't beat people outside of the AFC west last year anyway.......the raiders are going to get powend this week (combo punished and owned that another bills poster introduced me to this week, very fun word.) Baring a miracle or a complete bills meltdown, the raiders are screwed his week.

Raider, perhaps you should go back and watch the bills chiefs game. You know, the team we just demolished at home, who beat the raiders last year for the AFC west title. Not only that, but who exactly did the raiders add that will make them better than last year. They lost their best corner and tight end and they couldn't beat people outside of the AFC west last year anyway.......the raiders are going to get powend this week (combo punished and owned that another bills poster introduced me to this week, very fun word.) Baring a miracle or a complete bills meltdown, the raiders are screwed his week.

Starting with the Beating the Raiders gave the chiefs in arrowhead to end the season. They were blown out by Ravens in playoffs in arrowhead and Got humiliated again at home by The bills. So what exactly did you do again.

Bad news for the Bills Te Kevin Boss will be back this week. Not only is he a very good inline blocker he probably a bigger threat down the field than Zach Miler ever was. Are you Ready???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxWOUUMcsX4

Edited by Raiderjoe

Ok, so I braved the late night game and watched the Raiders closely, and I have a few thoughts on what we need to do to beat them. IN no particular order.

1. Pressure Campbell - We should be able to do this effectively = win

2. Plug up the holes inside with Our DT's and win the edge - McFadden runs more for the edge than inside and this is where we need to stop him = win/loss

3. Dicipline - Raiders looked young and undiciplined last night, and this is a big plus for us, if we stay as diciplined as in the KC game. = win

4. TE's will be big in this game as they were in KC. Move the ball around and we will be fine = win

5. One on one our CB's match up well with the Raiders, WR's. This will give us a lot more options with strong nickle packages. = win

6. Solid tackling will win the day. = win

7. Turnovers. Keep them down, and we = win

I didn't see anything last night from Oakland that particularily scared me, other than the Reece/McFadden combo, but I think we have the personell that can take them on. We just need to execute.

My predicition is a Bills win. 27 - 14

Bills 2 - 0 Vs. New England!

Don't ask me how we beat NE, I have no frigging idea.. LOL

Tim-

We Beat Rhe patriots same way other teams beat them.

DOWN Goes Brady, DOWN Goes Brady, DOWN Goes Brady, DOWN Goes Brady, DOWN Goes Brady, DOWN Goes Brady,

You Beat Him Up When he gets hit hard a couple time his thought process changes One he quits smiling two he gets fustrated three he makes mistakes DOWN Goes Brady,

Starting with the Beating the Raiders gave the chiefs in arrowhead to end the season. They were blown out by Ravens in playoffs in arrowhead and Got humiliated again at home by The bills. So what exactly did you do again.

Bad news for the Bills Te Kevin Boss will be back this week. Not only is he a very good inline blocker he probably a bigger threat down the field than Zach Miler ever was. Are you Ready???? youtube.com/watch?v=WxWOUUMcsX4

youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=HY86DeqhB3U

That is a video of the Boss on a Giants team, being thrown to by Eli Manning. Sunday will be the Boss coming off an injury with Campbell tossing him the ball. Not sure the two scenarios are the same. We shall see.

Yea, I love how Bills fans keep harping on "But we destroyed the Chiefs last week.... "

Yes, we destroyed the Chiefs to end the season IN ARROWHEAD last season....

So , I don't see how what you did to the Chiefs last week = fear or any kind of significance.....

As a Raider fan in hostile waters, I will be objective as I can be.

- The SINGLE most glaring advantage the Bills have in this game......is playing at home, on a short week w/ a long travel for the Raiders.Period.

after that, pretty much everything is a wash with the pass D favoring the Bills... The D Line favoring the Raiders. Running game obviously favoring the Raiders.

QB goes to the Bills.. But I will say this... Fitz has not even put together a whole season. So, while I respect the short resume he has put together, he isn't really striking fear in me as a fan..personally. So I expect the Raiders to really get at him and try to rattle him to test his mettle.

All in all.... I say the Raiders lose because they never follow up a win when they have to travel long d the next week. But Bills fans that think this is going to be a blowout or won by 2 TD's or more are slightly deluded and will probably be brought back down to earth this coming Sunday.

That is a video of the Boss on a Giants team, being thrown to by Eli Manning. Sunday will be the Boss coming off an injury with Campbell tossing him the ball. Not sure the two scenarios are the same. We shall see.

Campbell sent two TE's to the Pro Bowl... ever heard of Chris Cooley and Zach Miller?

yea, both of them are better than Boss. I think Boss is plenty happy to be playing with Jason Campbell.

Edited by Bump

I can't say i'm ready to give the nod to the Raiders D-line over the Bills. Is Seymour and Kelly better than Williams and Dareus? I'd coin flip that. I do like the Raiders linebackers though.

I woudln't coin flip it... Raiders arguably have the most dominant front 4 in all of football. Marcel Dareus has played one NFL game... I'm not even ready to put him over Lamaar Houston who has proven to be a force in this league over the duration of a whole season.

Raiders LB's are their weakness... McClain is OK but both flanking LB's need upgrades. Wimbley is far better rushing the paser with his hand down. I expect to see alot of the 5 man front. Which is another reason why I give the D Line to the Raiders. You're going to see a lot of different looks and the way they rotate the DL.. theres always a fresh body on that line...

Dez Bryant and John Henderson are great reserves.

I woudln't coin flip it... Raiders arguably have the most dominant front 4 in all of football. Marcel Dareus has played one NFL game... I'm not even ready to put him over Lamaar Houston who has proven to be a force in this league over the duration of a whole season.

Raiders LB's are their weakness... McClain is OK but both flanking LB's need upgrades. Wimbley is far better rushing the paser with his hand down. I expect to see alot of the 5 man front. Which is another reason why I give the D Line to the Raiders. You're going to see a lot of different looks and the way they rotate the DL.. theres always a fresh body on that line...

You have a wide receiver on your d-line? now I'm really not scared of them :lol:

Yea, I love how Bills fans keep harping on "But we destroyed the Chiefs last week.... "

Yes, we destroyed the Chiefs to end the season IN ARROWHEAD last season....

So , I don't see how what you did to the Chiefs last week = fear or any kind of significance.....

As a Raider fan in hostile waters, I will be objective as I can be.

- The SINGLE most glaring advantage the Bills have in this game......is playing at home, on a short week w/ a long travel for the Raiders.Period.after that, pretty much everything is a wash with the pass D favoring the Bills... The D Line favoring the Raiders. Running game obviously favoring the Raiders.

QB goes to the Bills.. But I will say this... Fitz has not even put together a whole season. So, while I respect the short resume he has put together, he isn't really striking fear in me as a fan..personally. So I expect the Raiders to really get at him and try to rattle him to test his mettle.

All in all.... I say the Raiders lose because they never follow up a win when they have to travel long d the next week. But Bills fans that think this is going to be a blowout or won by 2 TD's or more are slightly deluded and will probably be brought back down to earth this coming Sunday.

Campbell sent two TE's to the Pro Bowl... ever heard of Chris Cooley and Zach Miller?

yea, both of them are better than Boss. I think Boss is plenty happy to be playing with Jason Campbell.

So you have established your excuse when we kick ass. Well done!

Henderson always has been a beast. I wouldn't normally tout a rookie but Dareus is something special. In 20 years of watching the Bills, i've never seen a rookie look like this guy. A lot of picks have come and gone but Dareus has looked like a vet since the first time I saw him at training camp. I understand your point about him needing to prove it in the NFL, but he is NFL ready just like Suh was last year.

You have a wide receiver on your d-line? now I'm really not scared of them :lol:

They have UB boy Trevor Scott too... gotta love him representing.

Being a fanboy of your beloved Harvard alma matter QB.... I would think you'd know who Desmond Bryant is...not too many of them playing in football..

So you have established your excuse when we kick ass. Well done!

What will be your excuse when/if you lose a close game?

lol, don't say you won't...let's not forget... You ARE still the Buffalo Bills here.... Not like we are flying to Boston if you catch my drift.

Being a fanboy of your beloved Harvard alma matter QB.... I would think you'd know who Desmond Bryant is...not too many of them playing in football..

What will be your excuse when/if you lose a close game?

lol, don't say you won't...let's not forget... You ARE still the Buffalo Bills here.... Not like we are flying to Boston if you catch my drift.

Lost to a team that scored more points. It won't have anything to do with "had to travel far" or "short week" or "no nap time".

And being someone who seems reasonably intelligent (for a raiders fan at least) I would think you'd realize you left yourself wide open for an easy, although admittedly lame joke.

Lost to a team that scored more points. It won't have anything to do with "had to travel far" or "short week" or "no nap time".

right because your team ISN'T traveling.... DUNN DUNN DUNN

And being someone who seems reasonably intelligent (for a raiders fan at least) I would think you'd realize you left yourself wide open for an easy, although admittedly lame joke.

lol, I am a fan of lame jokes. Just having fun anyway. But I have to admit, I don't see where the opening is. Shoot.

The defensive lines are very similar to my eyes. Both teams are crazystrong in the middle but with average Ends, but with a good rush 'backer that will take plenty of snaps in a 3-point stance. Both DLs have good depth to boot.

While I believe [Pro Bowler] Kyle Williams, Dareus, Nick Barnett and Andra Davis will again do a solid job of clogging the running lanes in the middle, I'm concerned about McFadden's ability to get to the edge and make you pay for it. Jamaal Charles did find some room outside last week.

You can say the same about the other side, however-- the Raiders OLB by your own admission are suspect, and Buffalo did a great job last week of opening holes in the run game, be it inside or out.

What worries me if I'm a Raiders fan looking at this game is that Buffalo's passing game was more effective in week 1 than Oakland's. Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick are locked in and clicking on all cylinders right now. If you're honest with yourself, can you say the same for Jackson and Campbell?

Additionally, Jackson couldn't get his team mentally prepared to get through a football game without shooting themselves in the foot via penalties, even given weeks of preparation time. What happens now in a shortened week?

The Raiders are a better football team than most people will give you credit for. They are solid along both trenches and have a dynamic, workhorse RB and that's more than a lot of teams can claim. I shouldn't think this would be a blowout either way unless someone starts turning it over like mad. But Buffalo has a better signal-caller and is playing with more focus and discipline. Add in the energy level of a home opener and the Bills have to be the frontrunner here.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

Wow your really going out on a limit there. False starts. Raiders have doen a real poor job traveling across country playing an early game. For that reason alone i know its not going to be easy game and it wil probably come down to who has the ball last.

Also the time of the game may hurt the Raiders. This is a 1 P.M game, meaning 10.00 WC time. Anyways, it will a good and close game just like the last time the Raiders were in town. At that time, Edwards managed to make some great plays down the stretch to win the game for the Bills. Hope Fitz can pull the same magic.