So up late and watched the Raiders

D521646

Easily win by 14 on a neutral field? Wow... didn't realize the Raiders were that good (or the Bills were that bad). We have a team that's taken multiple playoff teams to the last minute last year, and this year looks to be improved... but the Raiders would get an easy win on them. You *were* being objective, not so much anymore.

Oh well, no respect for the Bills until they are consistent winners.

Go Bills :)

You were 4- 12 in 2010. Can't understand why you would even go there talking about last year. This is a new year and what you did or didn't do last year dosen't apply. This Bills team is diffrent. Just like this Raider teams is diffrent. I admit that.

That comment about raiders winning by 14 points easily if on neutral field is based simple by looking at matchups. I think Raiders have big mis matches in this game against the Bills. I Talk about the big oine- Your Oline versus raiders dline. You can bet Raiders aren't going to run the ball as little as the Chiefs did. Also you can't put the kind of heat on QB that Raiders had to worry about with Broncos. Your going to get a full repitore of Raiders offense firepower this week. Jason campbell very comfortable in pocket and raiders have too much speed at skill positions thgat guys are going to come free.

Raiders used to be predominately a man to man defense but now they are incorporating more zone packages. Screen plays used to be very effective but Raiders now having those guys looking in the backfield. Raiders have more speed( no supprise there) on defense than almost anyone. Also Raiders Dlineman are very good getting their hands up to knock down those passes and figure out when the bils are setting them up for screen. (Because Raiders are one of the best screens teams themselve)

Edited by Raiderjoe

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No one here is truly, seriously discounting the Raiders. The Senator is a slightly biased fan ;)

We know this game will be tougher than the Chiefs game. But we also don't think the Raiders would blow the Bills out in a neutral stadium.

Thats fine that my honest opinion. IS it right. We will see Sunday. When raiders get there full set of offensive firepower back healthy this offense could be as explosive as anyone. You can say that silly or just plain stupid. That your right. I just know what the Raiders have on offense and the mismatches they can create on offense against any defense. Raiders talent on offense is just young and people really don't understand what they have. Thats okay i hope everyteam fanbase looks past this offense.

I have alot more confidence of Raiders offense being near the top than the defense. This was a top ten offense in every category last year and Raiders upgraded the passing game tremendously this year. \JMO I think your really reading too much what happened week one against Denver. One week dosen't make a season.

Yeah, but who's gonna throw them the ball?

Jason campbell might not be a franchise caliber qb but your underestimating him big time. Im very confident in him as he looks very comfortable and in command of this offense. The biggest thing campbell has to work on is the deep pass. He has to let it rip as he either throws it way short, Overthrows it, or throws it horrible off target. Case In point DHB has the broncos CB beat so bad that all he has to do is lay it out there and its an easy six points. (he throws it short and out of bounds) Also he settles to much for the underneath stuff when there are guys open down the field. All you have to hit a couple of those big ones and everything becomes so much more easier. (stretrch a defense out)

Thats fine that my honest opinion. IS it right. We will see Sunday. When raiders get there full set of offensive firepower back healthy this offense could be as explosive as anyone. You can say that silly or just plain stupid. That your right. I just know what the Raiders have on offense and the mismatches they can create on offense against any defense. Raiders talent on offense is just young and people really don't understand what they have. Thats okay i hope everyteam fanbase looks past this offense.

I have alot more confidence of Raiders offense being near the top than the defense. This was a top ten offense in every category last year and Raiders upgraded the passing game tremendously this year. \JMO I think your really reading too much what happened week one against Denver. One week dosen't make a season.

How does the 23rd ranked passing attack fit into your top 10? Gradkowski accounted for slightly more than 30% of the Raiders passing yards in 2010, and 5 of their 18 passing TDs. Brad isn't coming off the bench for you this year when Campbell falls apart.

I think its very important that the Bills find a way to score first in this one. Scoring first really helped us in KC and helped both our offense and defense relax and settle into a groove.

The Raiders D-line impressed me on Monday, but I think they lack discipline and skill in the secondary. I think our best chance comes by spreading out the offense and going 4 wide. If we can do that and Fitz can get the ball out of his hands quickly I think we'll have a great shot to win on Sunday.

No one here is looking past the Raiders. :)

You were stating opinion as fact, I like this post much better.

How does the 23rd ranked passing attack fit into your top 10? Gradkowski accounted for slightly more than 30% of the Raiders passing yards in 2010, and 5 of their 18 passing TDs. Brad isn't coming off the bench for you this year when Campbell falls apart.

Raiders playiongGarbagekowski over campbell was a big reason this team didn't make playoffs.

Raiders upgraded that passing game bigtime. Lets see Raiders get there best WR back only played in one game last year Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 Has everything size, speed , great hands and runs great routes. Jacoby ford last year rookie only played Wr the last eight games. (he makes everyone look like they are playing in slow motion) Louis Murphy- another guy who missed alot of time to injury- he a serious weapon. Denarius moore- This year fifth rounder is the best looking raider Wr that come down the pike. Only matter of time before he starting has the whole package. D Hagan is a little diffrent type of wr that raiders possess- DHB - has improved alot and Raiders are going to utilize his skills better. He is not a deep threat thats not his strength (with all the wrs out he ask to do more now) He going to be thrown short and intermediate and ask to use his blazing speed to create Yac.

Everyone says Raiders lost alot with zach Miller. That might slightly be true. There is no doubt Raiders are alot more athletic at Te and faster than withZach miller. David Ausberry 6'4 245 4.47 ( a wr lost at USC R gordon 6'4 265 4.64 blocking fiend who a raw reciever. Also Boss and R Gordon are way better blocker than zach Miller ever was. Boss has proiven to be a bigger threat down the field than Miller.

Also Taiwan Jones - this guy has alot of chris Johnson in him.

The beautiful part he is a weapon also in the passing game . You have MCfadden and him in backfield you can throw swing passes to either side or move either one them outside to get matchup on lb or safety. (big mismatch)

Where the passing game will really get the boast is the Oline. Raiders are playing guys that will be replaced at some point with more talented youngsters.

LT jared Veldheer - is going tobe one of the top Lt someday( he just needs more experience pass ptoterction as he coming from little Hillsdale college- no one works harder than this kid. LG Stefon Wisniewski- Like his uncle is a beast who will play to whistle, Will eventually be the C. Samson Satele- very underated Center who has alot of athlethic ability. Rg Ccoper carlisle - i think he the weak link. Bruce campbell- a beast should get that position at some point Khlif barnes- suspectible to dumb penalties but is light years better in pass protection than langston Walker was. Rookie Joe Barksdale will eventually get this position.

Thats all fine thinking thats the way its going to be. Lets see after the game what you think. I guarntee you have a diffrent opinion of Raiders after this game.

Dude, I'll thank you guys if you beat the Jets next Sunday - and shout your praises if the beat the Patriots* the week after that - but seriously, your next win will probably come in mid-October against Cleveland.

This Sunday, just be ready to cry.

post-2970-034154600 1316013550_thumb.gif

Campbell doesn't make too many mistakes but like an average QB he doesn't make too many dynamic plays either. Their running attack is very good but I think that if we really gameplan and commit to stopping it we can contain the Raiders ground attack.

What concerns me is the offense. Will they put up the points? I think that we will win 24-14. The Bills will be jacked for the home opener and the Raiders lack of discipline will break the game open in a key area. The Raiders hang tough but the Bills come out on top.

I think Raiders are going to score thirty points.(no way you hold this offense to 14) That soggy track in Denver does effect guys with speed more. I think to win your going to have to beat Raiders in a shootout. Can you do that with Raiders big advantage on the dline versus your oline. Thats the question.

Hi RaiderJoe thanks for posting. I watched the game last night and the Raiders DLine does look good. Your Oline was manhandling Denver. Our DLine is much bigger than Denver's so it will be interesting to see the matchup. McFadden and Reece look strong and tough. Our LB's are going to need a hot tub after this game. Sealing the edges will be crucial to stop the running game.

This is going to be a tough fought game. It is going to be very close I think. 3 points or less will win this game.

My prediction is 31 - 28 Bills.

Here is what Raiders do in the run game nice video. Anyone who thinks thewy attack just the perimeter has not watched that many raider games. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d82216ff0/Playbook-Raiders-vs-Broncos

I think Raiders are going to score thirty points.(no way you hold this offense to 14) That soggy track in Denver does effect guys with speed more. I think to win your going to have to beat Raiders in a shootout. Can you do that with Raiders big advantage on the dline versus your oline. Thats the question.

Be sure to let Janikowski know it's only 866 feet above sea level here - I'll be shocked if you guys score 3.

Jason campbell might not be a franchise caliber qb but your underestimating him big time. Im very confident in him as he looks very comfortable and in command of this offense. The biggest thing campbell has to work on is the deep pass. He has to let it rip as he either throws it way short, Overthrows it, or throws it horrible off target. Case In point DHB has the broncos CB beat so bad that all he has to do is lay it out there and its an easy six points. (he throws it short and out of bounds) Also he settles to much for the underneath stuff when there are guys open down the field. All you have to hit a couple of those big ones and everything becomes so much more easier. (stretrch a defense out)

Our defense doesn't get stretched. We can get away with a 3 or 4 man rush because our big men up front are that good. What that means is passing on us is going to be a big risk. You'll understand when your QB is back there and Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus or Shawne Merriman are either coming up the middle crushing your o-line or coming off the edge. You can't double all of these guys. Meanwhile, because there are only 4 guys rushing, everyone one else is blanketing your receivers.

Your only real offensive chance is the run game. You should stick to that because passing won't work. You forget that the Bills run a spread offense and their defense practices against it every day.

Actually, the more I think about it, this is going to be another blow out.

Edited by Rockinon

Who are the Raiders going to face in the Superbowl, RaiderJoe?

Superbowl not even Im predicting that. Raiders will be as good as the Oline takes them. Raiders tackle hold up in pass protection this offense is going to be very dangerous(can beat anyone) and I think this team is a playoff team. Other than thgat take it one game at a time.

Our defense doesn't get stretched. We can get away with a 3 or 4 man rush because our big men up front are that good. What that means is passing on us is going to be a big risk. You'll understand when your QB is back there and Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus or Shawne Merriman are either coming up the middle crushing your o-line or coming off the edge. You can't double all of these guys. Meanwhile, because there are only 4 guys rushing, everyone one else is blanketing your receivers.

Your only real offensive chance is the run game. You should stick to that because passing won't work. You forget that the Bills run a spread offense and their defense practices against it every day.

Actually, the more I think about it, this is going to be another blow out.

Again your entitled to your opinion and we will see if thats the case or it it wasn't. Something has to give. I think Raiders are moving it on the ground and through the air. Lets see if thats the case come Sunday. One of us is going to be extremely dissapointed and I hope its you.

Superbowl not even Im predicting that. Raiders will be as good as the Oline takes them. Raiders tackle hold up in pass protection this offense is going to be very dangerous(can beat anyone) and I think this team is a playoff team. Other than thgat take it one game at a time.

Again your entitled to your opinion and we will see if thats the case or it it wasn't. Something has to give. I think Raiders are moving it on the ground and through the air. Lets see if thats the case come Sunday. One of us is going to be extremely dissapointed and I hope its you.

What makes you think this? Has anything this season or last, suggested da Raidahs have a viable passing game? Please do not list every player on the roster again as some sort of proof. If having a bunch of good young prospects at WR were all that special the Bills would win the super bowl.

Here is what Raiders do in the run game nice video. Anyone who thinks thewy attack just the perimeter has not watched that many raider games. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d82216ff0/Playbook-Raiders-vs-Broncos

Well I admire your optimism and the fervor in which you defend your team. You know a lot about your team, the problem is, you THINK you know enough about the Bills.

Point 1) Raiders D-Line will continuously blow the Bills O-line backwards all day long. If you actually knew anything about the Bills, you would realize the interior 3 are the strong point of the line and that Eric Wood is an above average center with good size. The Tackles are a different story and who knows which D. Bell will show up at LT. Last week he annihilated Hali, but who knows if he can build off that.

McGee, our "starting CB" has been on his way out for 2 years now, so to call his loss a "big advantage" to the Raiders is false. He was mostly getting some slot work and hasn't been the same player for 2 years now.

As for Run DMC being able to move the chains at will with swing passes, ask Jamaal Charles how that worked last week, i'm pretty sure he is every bit as fast as DMC.

Another fun point, the bills run the spread formation a lot, as in 4 & 5 wide, 3 step drops, and all that goodness, which is a nice way to neutralize a "superior" d-line.

Keep up the banter, I love talking Football with opposing fans!

Edited by 5 Wide

Honestly I see Buffalo as a team that is going to beat everyone they should beat and struggle with elite teams on the way to an 8-8 or 9-7 campaign. The Raiders will be lucky to win 6 games this year and will most likely be swept by the AFC East. Anything can happen in football, but the Raiders are a team we should easily handle, especially at home. I do not think this game will ne very close. Buffalo 37 Oakland 13.

Actually, the more arguments I hear in favor of the Raiders, the weaker they sound. I just don't see a threat great enough to even resemble a viable challenge. The crowd is going to cause problems. The defense is going to cause problems. Chan is going to have the offense clicking and the Raiders just don't know whats going to hit them. This is going to be a beat down.....Again.

What makes you think this? Has anything this season or last, suggested da Raidahs have a viable passing game? Please do not list every player on the roster again as some sort of proof. If having a bunch of good young prospects at WR were all that special the Bills would win the super bowl.

Raiderjoe, Jauronimo is right on.

You obviously love your team but your posts are becoming less disciplined and more hopeful especially regards the Raiders passing game.

Bottom line: Campbell has proven at best, to be an average QB as he starts his 7th NFL season. Ford had a nice rookie year and may have been the most explosive player on that Clemson team (Spiller). Murphy and Schillens have shown flashes… DHB has been a bust so far. You mention 2 young tight ends.

In other words, you hope the Raiders can become a decent passing team. But right now, they haven't proven a thing in that regard.

As 5 Wide and other posters have mentioned, it's great that you're here bantering with us.

Defensively what most people would objectively concede is that the Raiders can pressure the QB without blitzing and have excellent (but not well-known) cover men on the outside. This could be a big problem for the Bills on Sunday.

We also know (not hope) that the Raiders are a great running team.

We also know that the Raiders are a very physical, fast, and athletic team on both sides of the ball.

Oddsmakers view this basically as a pick 'em game with the Bills getting 3-4 points for home field and travel considerations… and the Raiders' short week.

Well I admire your optimism and the fervor in which you defend your team. You know a lot about your team, the problem is, you THINK you know enough about the Bills.

Point 1) Raiders D-Line will continuously blow the Bills O-line backwards all day long. If you actually knew anything about the Bills, you would realize the interior 3 are the strong point of the line and that Eric Wood is an above average center with good size. The Tackles are a different story and who knows which D. Bell will show up at LT. Last week he annihilated Hali, but who knows if he can build off that.

McGee, our "starting CB" has been on his way out for 2 years now, so to call his loss a "big advantage" to the Raiders is false. He was mostly getting some slot work and hasn't been the same player for 2 years now.

As for Run DMC being able to move the chains at will with swing passes, ask Jamaal Charles how that worked last week, i'm pretty sure he is every bit as fast as DMC.

Another fun point, the bills run the spread formation a lot, as in 4 & 5 wide, 3 step drops, and all that goodness, which is a nice way to neutralize a "superior" d-line.

Keep up the banter, I love talking Football with opposing fans!

Raiders DT (seymour and Kelly) are right up their with any starting Dt tandem . They just don't bullrush an opposnet they have the speed to penetrate a backfield. The bills interior will have their hands full with Raiders dt. No matter how good you think they are. We have a diffrent opinion and we will find who was right in that one.

Maybe thats true with MCgee but anytime you lose a Cb that means someone has to step up the depth chart. No matter how you spin it has to weaken you in the secondary.(especially raiders go multiple wr sets) True or false there

Yes you are correct Charles is as fast as Darren Mcfadden but your talking about a totally diffrent beast. Charles is fast(195) but he goes down easy on first contact. D Mcfadden is closer to 220 pounds now and hes looking to punish defender everytime he can. Not to mention Darren Mcfadden recieving skils are so superior to Charles. He could probably play WR at the Nfl level. So you can do alot more complez things than send him on swing passes. Thats not even counting Taiwan jones who could be used with Mcfadden . DMC and taiwan Jones could line up in the backfield together . DMC could move out to WR right before the snap leaving taiwan Jones as single back. So many things they can do to Bill defense and they don't have the benefit of knowing Raiders tendencies like they did the chiefs.

You can spread the Raiders defense out with that. Go with that many Wrs but Raiders are alot better to handle that than the chiefs. Also Raiders have alot of size/Height up front) The delineman are very good getting their hands up. Also Raiders will just bring in their big nickel package. You will get Raiders Pass rushers coming hard off the corner . You might see some zone blitzes . Dlineman dropping back in covergae. Raiders are playing more zone these days, Three step and balls out and raiders blazing speeed has a chance to make serious break on those balls.

Your TE is big but Raiders have LBs that can matchup with him. Q Groves 6'3 265 not the most instictive but this guy has more than enough speed(he faster than Marcel reece) and size to handle that Te.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d82027574/Reece-challenges-Groves-to-40-yard-dash Usually Raiders will put J Boyd 6'2 225 4.4 on the Te

You might get your points but I think Raiders are just going to stop you alot more times than you do. You better be prepared to score 30 plus points. Thats what its going to take.

Edited by Raiderjoe