So up late and watched the Raiders

D521646

Ok, so I braved the late night game and watched the Raiders closely, and I have a few thoughts on what we need to do to beat them. IN no particular order.

1. Pressure Campbell - We should be able to do this effectively = win

2. Plug up the holes inside with Our DT's and win the edge - McFadden runs more for the edge than inside and this is where we need to stop him = win/loss

3. Dicipline - Raiders looked young and undiciplined last night, and this is a big plus for us, if we stay as diciplined as in the KC game. = win

4. TE's will be big in this game as they were in KC. Move the ball around and we will be fine = win

5. One on one our CB's match up well with the Raiders, WR's. This will give us a lot more options with strong nickle packages. = win

6. Solid tackling will win the day. = win

7. Turnovers. Keep them down, and we = win

I didn't see anything last night from Oakland that particularily scared me, other than the Reece/McFadden combo, but I think we have the personell that can take them on. We just need to execute.

My predicition is a Bills win. 27 - 14

Bills 2 - 0 Vs. New England!

Don't ask me how we beat NE, I have no frigging idea.. LOL

Tim-

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How did the Raiders run D look? From the box score, the Broncos had 30 yards rushing or something weak like that. Was that a product of how good the Raiders are against the run?

Raiders D-Line ate Denver up all game. Denver's rookie tackle got abused, and their other young guys on the interior weren't much better. Denver took a ton of false start and holding penalties which fequently forced them into passing situations, not to mention playing from behind the whole game. Denver only attempted 12 carries, with poor results. Knowshon and McGahee both struggled to hold on to the ball too. I'm not sure what can be gleaned from last night's game as Denver got manhandled and still almost won, despite their turnovers and a blocked punt.

Ok, so I braved the late night game and watched the Raiders closely, and I have a few thoughts on what we need to do to beat them. IN no particular order.

2. Plug up the holes inside with Our DT's and win the edge - McFadden runs more for the edge than inside and this is where we need to stop him = win/loss

3. Dicipline - Raiders looked young and undiciplined last night, and this is a big plus for us, if we stay as diciplined as in the KC game. = win

4. TE's will be big in this game as they were in KC. Move the ball around and we will be fine = win

5. One on one our CB's match up well with the Raiders, WR's. This will give us a lot more options with strong nickle packages. = win

I didn't see anything last night from Oakland that particularily scared me, other than the Reece/McFadden combo, but I think we have the personell that can take them on. We just need to execute.

Tim-

First off he you watched the game you know why the Raiders are going to be tough to beat. They have one of the best dlines in the game. There front four(go very deep) has ability to take over the Game. (this isn't a KC dline your facing) Bils do have some serious question on that Oline(Eric pears is starting for you). Bills let raiders dominate them in the trenches than it going to be very tough to beat the raiders. First thing bills must do is try and control R seymour and Tom Kelly as both are as tough a Dt tandem your going to see. Both do what they do to alot of teams and live in Bills backfield its going to be a long day for bills offense.

Pressre campbell it isn't as easy as it sounds. Denver pass rushing duo is as good as anyone(Dumervile and Von Miller) and Raiders kept extra guys to account for them. I don't see them keeping anyone in as they wikll be sending their full repitore out as recieving options

That not true D Mcfadden is just as effective running insidse as he is outside. (he looking to punish defenders these days. Raiders should also break out Taiwan Jones- Raiders coaches say he might be the fastest RB to mever play for the raiders. I can't wait till we see Both Jones and Mcfadden together in backfield. Both could take a swing pass and take it to the house from anywhere.

Raiders are mixing there coverage up alot more these days. MLB R Mcclain is so big and has great lengtrh its tough to throw over him. Raider Stephen Boyd is a LB/safety 4.4 that will be on the Te alot

Raiders Cbs or S Routt and C Johnson were near the top of the top Cb in burn rates last year. Raiders Dline puts so much presure on a QB(pushing the pocket right back on the Qb lap) that its hard to throw with pressure right in the Qbs face.

Now you do know raiders didn't play alot of there weapons on offense due to the weather(these guys are coming back from injury) K Boss- doubt he plays this week, Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 4.37 some say raiders best Wr, Derek hagan- a diffrent kind of wr, Louis Murphy- he out this week also, Taiwan jones(way faster than D Mcfadden who going to be someone you better account for.

I honestly see the raideres winning this game by seven points.

First off he you watched the game you know why the Raiders are going to be tough to beat. They have one of the best dlines in the game. There front four(go very deep) has ability to take over the Game. (this isn't a KC dline your facing) Bils do have some serious question on that Oline(Eric pears is starting for you). Bills let raiders dominate them in the trenches than it going to be very tough to beat the raiders. First thing bills must do is try and control R seymour and Tom Kelly as both are as tough a Dt tandem your going to see. Both do what they do to alot of teams and live in Bills backfield its going to be a long day for bills offense.

Pressre campbell it isn't as easy as it sounds. Denver pass rushing duo is as good as anyone(Dumervile and Von Miller) and Raiders kept extra guys to account for them. I don't see them keeping anyone in as they wikll be sending their full repitore out as recieving options

That not true D Mcfadden is just as effective running insidse as he is outside. (he looking to punish defenders these days. Raiders should also break out Taiwan Jones- Raiders coaches say he might be the fastest RB to mever play for the raiders. I can't wait till we see Both Jones and Mcfadden together in backfield. Both could take a swing pass and take it to the house from anywhere.

Raiders are mixing there coverage up alot more these days. MLB R Mcclain is so big and has great lengtrh its tough to throw over him. Raider Stephen Boyd is a LB/safety 4.4 that will be on the Te alot

Raiders Cbs or S Routt and C Johnson were near the top of the top Cb in burn rates last year. Raiders Dline puts so much presure on a QB(pushing the pocket right back on the Qb lap) that its hard to throw with pressure right in the Qbs face.

Now you do know raiders didn't play alot of there weapons on offense due to the weather(these guys are coming back from injury) K Boss- doubt he plays this week, Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 4.37 some say raiders best Wr, Derek hagan- a diffrent kind of wr, Louis Murphy- he out this week also, Taiwan jones(way faster than D Mcfadden who going to be someone you better account for.

I assume your a raiders fan so I appreciate the discussion. In regards to the bolded part, how would you guys do against a screen game? Seemed like your D-line was overly aggressive at time last night

Stopping the Raiders rushing attack will be very important. Their defense, especially their defensive line, is big, nasty, quick, and aggressive. The most important key to this game will once again be Chan's game plan. If he can design the correct offensive scheme to take advantage of the Raiders' aggressiveness on defense (thy blitz A LOT), then I believe we will be able to move the ball and put points on the board. The raiders offense is too one-dimensional. As one previous poster mentioned....get pressure on Campbell and he will make mistakes. I think we're capable of controlling their run game, and i think we will blitz a lot more this week.

Bills 23 Raiders 10

Oakland seems to be an uber-undisciplined team and took a lot of ridiculous penalties. Campbell looked horrible....reminded me a lot of Edwards without the attempted deep incompletions...

Raiders D was flying all over the place and McFadden looked good. Overall I think we are a better team...their passing game scares noone. Stop McFadden and we should win...

It's remarkable the Raiders only managed to go 8-8 with such an easy schedule last year then, don't you think? How did they lose the division to the Chiefs?

Edited by BobChalmers

Raiders D-Line ate Denver up all game. Denver's rookie tackle got abused, and their other young guys on the interior weren't much better. Denver took a ton of false start and holding penalties which fequently forced them into passing situations, not to mention playing from behind the whole game. Denver only attempted 12 carries, with poor results. Knowshon and McGahee both struggled to hold on to the ball too. I'm not sure what can be gleaned from last night's game as Denver got manhandled and still almost won, despite their turnovers and a blocked punt.

Watch the replay of that game . Denver should have been called for alot more penalties than they were, as their Oline were trying everything legal and non legal to stop Raiders dlineman. NFl wants to know why raideres had alot of unnecessary roughness plays. The frustration sometimes gets the better of you. I expect the Raiders to move it up and down the field on trhe Bills all day. The question can raiders get Tds or settle for fieldgoals. The more you hold the raiders to FGs, the better chance you have a stealing this one.

I expect the Raiders to move it up and down the field on trhe Bills all day.

Kind of sounds like a Chiefs fan from last week, eh? :rolleyes:

The Bills defense is a whole different animal from last year - four new and better starters and a full season under their belts in the new 3-4 scheme.

The starters were stuffing everyone's run games during the preseason, and that carried over to last week.

I'm not making any guarantees - just warning you not to bet your car on the outcome.

Edited by BobChalmers

I assume your a raiders fan so I appreciate the discussion. In regards to the bolded part, how would you guys do against a screen game? Seemed like your D-line was overly aggressive at time last night

I didn't mention the Raiders D-line for a reason. I didn't get the impression that Orten was overly pressured last night. Yes he took a couple of sacks, and laid one on the ground, but overall Denvers young guys held up ok. Seymore is a beast no doubt, but the strength of your team is not in defense, IMO, it's in your running game. (Speaking to RaiderJoe) You are a classic run to pass team, similar to KC, and if you take away that aspect, you're not very good at transitioning to a pass to run team. McFadden does run inside, I said he did, but I said that he has his best success on the outside, IMO. That's should be good news for you since this is where the Bills are weaker. You're not going to run inside on us on Sunday, I'll bet dollars to donuts that Gailey is scheming for this. If you're going to have success, it'll be on the outside with an overzealous LB core..

You're high on your CB's, and that's fine, but Routt seemed like he couldn't cover my grandmother without putting his hands all over her.. :)

Tim-

Tim-

35 17 Bills

42 38 Bills over Pat-thetics!!!

It's remarkable the Raiders only managed to go 8-8 with such an easy schedule last year then, don't you think? How did they lose the division to the Chiefs?

Raiders dominated the AFc West last year going 6-0. The problem is they went 2-8 outside the division. Here is the reason why. Raiders played musical chairs last year at the most important position(QB( J campbell and garbagekowski) Tough for skill guys to get any chemistry with the Qb.(cable biggest blunder) Raiders didn't have a back to replace what D Mcfadden gave them when he missed a couple games due to injury.(they have thay guy now taiwan Jones) Here is another Key Raider tackles weren't that great in pass protection. When teams took away the run, Raiders had trouble moving the football through the air. Alot of key injuries at the Wr position didn't help either.

JMO I think Raiders passing offense will be alot more consistant and explosive than it was last year. Teams that load up to stop the run will be hurt by their passing game. Raiders have alot more depoth at Wr these days that they can afford to be missing a wr or two with injury. Also Raiders will start to incorporate their young talent slowly in WR Denarius moore (will get more and more playing time) RB Taiwan jones- he will play alot as his speed going to create serious mismatches. Te David Ausberry 6'4 245 4.47 (ex WR) probably won't be activated till Boss comes back as Raiders don't want to rely on two inexperience Tes ( R gordon and him)

I wouldn't read too much how raiders passing game looked against Broncos as raiders were holding alot of there weapons out as they didn't want anyone of them to get hurt with the bad weather. Also Raiders were playing it very safe as they wanted to win their first divisional game.

Watch the replay of that game . Denver should have been called for alot more penalties than they were, as their Oline were trying everything legal and non legal to stop Raiders dlineman. NFl wants to know why raideres had alot of unnecessary roughness plays. The frustration sometimes gets the better of you. I expect the Raiders to move it up and down the field on trhe Bills all day. The question can raiders get Tds or settle for fieldgoals. The more you hold the raiders to FGs, the better chance you have a stealing this one.

So you agree with me in an argumentative way? I pointed out that Denver took a ton of penalties trying to deal with the Raiders line. Why would I need to watch the game again?