Bills vs Raiders

papazoid

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. THX.

I was wondering about that. I don't gamble, but wondering if the great showing today moves a line much in the early season?

3.5 is what I expected and I'd guess it would've been 2.5ish if they had played week 1. So a little, but not too much (although any point that crosses the 3 line is kind of a big deal).

That line is without the Raiders having played their game. I think how well the Raiders play this upcoming game will set the line. If the Raiders play poorly I could see the Bills being a 4.5-6 point favorite BUT if the Raiders play well I could see the line being 3-2.5 Bills (Basically giving the Bills the 3 point home team bump).

The Raiders remind me of the Bills a little. No one knows a whole lot about them and most don't think they're very good, but I think they're alright. Not a great team, but not an easy out either. There speedy receivers worry me some as does their running game. Sure Jason Campbell is no Brady, but he's playing pretty well in Oakland and will be a better test than Cassell was this week. A win over the Raiders would impress me moreso than the win today.

Should be an entertaing game. Im hoping the home field advantage gives the Bills the edge. I can't wait to be there!

I'd rather take the Raiders seriously than think of it as an automatic win. Hopefully Chan and the boys are preparing like the Raiders are the best team in the league. :)

Let's hope that happens every week. Just ask the Chiefs what happens when you don't...

Go Bills!

I'd rather take the Raiders seriously than think of it as an automatic win. Hopefully Chan and the boys are preparing like the Raiders are the best team in the league. :)

A great win, but we have to take every team seriously. This is young team that needs to learn how to win. And one huge factor in learning how to win is learning how to forget yesterday's game and start focusing on the next opponent. This next game will be the next test of how far this team has come.

Edited by CSBill

Ultimate trap game for a young team like the Bills - we're coming off a big and unexpected (by most ;) ) on-the-road blowout of last year's AFC West division winners, and facing what most perceive as an 'easy' opponent a week before what most fans consider the ultimate early test of this young Bills team.

(Very easy for the Bills to be looking past the Raiders, with thoughts running thru our young guys' heads of a maimed Marcia* Brady* looking up at the sky from her* supine position on the RWS carpet!)

It will take all of Chan Gailey & Co.'s collective coaching abilities to keep our team's collective feet firmly planted on the ground and 100% focused on the Bills home opener.

That's why I'm being much more cautious this week, only predicting...

TOTAL DOMINATION

Buffalo Bills 53

OakTown Raiders - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

post-2970-029371700 1315830515_thumb.jpg

On one hand, the Raiders always seem to be an upstart team because of the division they are in, the improvement of their running game, and the fact they finished last season with a respectable record of 8-8. I don't think their any better than last year however. They lost their most dependable receiver in Zack Miller, which means there will be more defenses game planning against the run and forcing Campbell to throw. If teams can stop OAK's running game, they will probably be successful in beating them.

Ultimate trap game for a young team like the Bills - we're coming off a big and unexpected (by most ;) ) on-the-road blowout of last year's AFC West division winners, and facing what most perceive as an 'easy' opponent a week before what most fans consider the ultimate early test of this young Bills team.

(Very easy for the Bills to be looking past the Raiders, with thoughts running thru our young guys' heads of a maimed Marcia* Brady* looking up at the sky from her* supine position on the RWS carpet!)

It will take all of Chan Gailey & Co.'s collective coaching abilities to keep our team's collective feet firmly planted on the ground and 100% focused on the Bills home opener.

That's why I'm being much more cautious this week, only predicting...

TOTAL DOMINATION

Buffalo Bills 53

OakTown Raiders - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

better than 51 - 0 ??........enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I57EZLhJn7g

Raiders swept Chefs last year

We have on our side they are playing a late MNF game on the road and then travel to east coast for a road game at 1 Sunday (10 am Cali time).

Brutal way to start the season.

Great point. I though the NFL was going to try and have games featuring a west coast opponent on the east coast start at 1pm or later because there was a tremendous amount of disparity in these games in the past.

Just another reason to like the Bills this weekend.