So how did Mr. Dareus look?

gobillsinytown

Dareus was solid in his first pro game. Very solid and was getting double teamed frequently. He had a bonehead offsides on a 4th down but we'll forgive him for that. He had a very sound game. I want to say I was impressed but I think so highly of the guy that anything less would have been a letdown. This dude is a beast.

This is meant for a certain dysfuntional member of two bills drive not you gobills.

Now that Dareus has played one game I can again confidently predict that he will be a first ballot hall of famer.

Here in Youngstown, OH it was the Steelers getting destroyed by Baltimore.

So how did Marcel look in his first pro game? Did anybody focus on that part of the game?

thanks in advance for any observations...

He looked like the real deal. He got it done. He drew double-teams, as did Merriman.

Kelsay and Edwards saw so much green field they made plays.

Williams cracked me up, he CRAWLED after Cassel for a sack at one point.

You didn't ask, but....why not stream, if there isn't a Bills Backers bar you can get to?

Ralph, Littman and Overdork are drooling, knowing that they can dump his salary to some distant team next year for a 5th rounder. Money in the bank! :ph34r:

Wow, I bet you're the life of the party!

I guess it answers a question in the Shout box, what will TBD naysayers have to b***h about after a 41-7 blowout of a highly-touted playoff team from last year?

I guess it answers a question in the Shout box, what will TBD naysayers have to b***h about after a 41-7 blowout of a highly-touted playoff team from last year?

Win or lose, there's always Ralph. ;)

He looked like the real deal. He got it done. He drew double-teams, as did Merriman.

Kelsay and Edwards saw so much green field they made plays.

Williams cracked me up, he CRAWLED after Cassel for a sack at one point.

You didn't ask, but....why not stream, if there isn't a Bills Backers bar you can get to?

Tried to find a stream but no luck......and I'm the only Bills fan in this town that I know of. There might be a Bills Backers bar in Cleveland (an hour west of me) or in Pittsburgh (an hour east of me), but that would be like having my fingernails pulled out one by one.

I might head up to Erie one Sunday though...

Thanks for getting back to me....glad to hear Merriman played well too. Hope he ices the hell out of that hamstring/achilles tonight, we're going to need him all season.

Edited by gobillsinytown

Ralph, Littman and Overdork are drooling, knowing that they can dump his salary to some distant team next year for a 5th rounder. Money in the bank! :ph34r:

Yeah, because the Bills missed Evans so much today, and he was so instrumental in the Ravens' win. :rolleyes:

He looked pretty solid. Definitely the best first round pick probably since Lee Evans (Lee was a first rounder, right?).

What impressed me more was the open-field tackling by the D as a whole. That seemed like a HUGE improvement over last year.

Yeah, because the Bills missed Evans so much today, and he was so instrumental in the Ravens' win. :rolleyes:

I saw most of the game here......Flacco kept trying to get the ball to him and they were really trying to get him involved. It's a little to early to tell but I don't think he's got much left in the tank.

He looked pretty solid. Definitely the best first round pick probably since Lee Evans (Lee was a first rounder, right?).

What impressed me more was the open-field tackling by the D as a whole. That seemed like a HUGE improvement over last year.

I agree - tackling was MUCH better than last year! The Chiefs didn't get a lot of yards after contact.

I wouldn't say highly touted, but highly questionable. They were a good team but frankly, many put themmiddle of the pack slightly ahead of us. They had a ton of question marks, turmoil and injuries to some key players.

Great showing by our bills, but still early.

Tried to find a stream but no luck......and I'm ONE OF THE the only Bills fan in this town that I know of. There might be a Bills Backers bar in Cleveland (an hour west of me) or in Pittsburgh (an hour east of me), but that would be like having my fingernails pulled out one by one.

I might head up to Erie one Sunday though...

Thanks for getting back to me....glad to hear Merriman played well too. Hope he ices the hell out of that hamstring/achilles tonight, we're going to need him all season.

Edited for when I visit my wife's family in Girard and Hubbard.

Edited for when I visit my wife's family in Girard and Hubbard.

Then you would be the only other one. I moved here from Buffalo in 1989 and I've talked with exactly one other Bills fan since then. Not a big suprise, most people here grew up watching the Browns/Steelers. At lease nobody gives me any crap for being a Bills fan though.

In my case, nothing! This week is gonna be one long party! Can't wait to see my Steelers fan buddy at work. Now if the phins can somehow pull off the upset, my Tuesday will be amazing!

“We were well prepared,” said Marcell Dareus. “We really watched film as a team and defensive line and really wanted to announce our dominance up front and do the best we can. This is Buffalo football. We want to be as consistent as possible and that’s what we’re working towards right now.”

Love to see that we're forming some sort of identity/attitude on defense. The future is looking very bright for the Bills.

I saw most of the game here......Flacco kept trying to get the ball to him and they were really trying to get him involved. It's a little to early to tell but I don't think he's got much left in the tank.

As the Lee Evans apologists would say: "He did a great job of drawing the coverage away from Boldin" :rolleyes:

The best part of today's game for me was the fact that Evans was absolutely not missed in this offense.

I wish they would have gotten more than a 4th rounder for him, but I'm glad the Bills moved on from the one trick pony.

As the Lee Evans apologists would say: "He did a great job of drawing the coverage away from Boldin" :rolleyes:

The best part of today's game for me was the fact that Evans was absolutely not missed in this offense.

I wish they would have gotten more than a 4th rounder for him, but I'm glad the Bills moved on from the one trick pony.

I loved the Bills this game. But there is no question Evans was missed. We didnt throw one pass down the field. If we had Evans with this offense it would have been 2x better IMO. Gailey had a great game plan and we may be able to get away with it because Fitz is good and we have a lot of players. But to me this offense would be way better with the one thing we are missing, a deep threat.

<br />Back to the original topic ....<br /><br />Dareus looked huge.  He looks fast and he already plays and thinks at NFL game speed.  He looks like a natural defensive lineman. <br /><br />He ate space, he swallowed blockers,  he disrupted the Chiefs. <br /><br />He could develop into a difference maker.<br />

He IS a difference maker.