Justin Blackmon

As much as we need line help I really think we should draft Justin Blackmon if he is available. This is saying a lot coming from me because I always want Lineman and linebackers in the first round ( not saying we don't need other positions, just saying what I like) But this Kid is a total freak at WR and probably is the best WR to come out since Jerry Rice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/32309/video-justin-blackmon-sports-science

He is a top tier college wide out but I don't want him with a 1st. He doesn't have that elite speed to create separation and he is not the biggest of wide outs. If he is their in the 2nd the heck yes I take a bite

You have relegated yourself to the, " I don't know jack about the NFL draft" list

Blackmon is a Top 10 pick in 2012, as long as he doesn't blow a wheel.

He would have went over Julio Jones and possibly over AJ Green in 2011.

Edited by Why So Serious?

As much as we need line help I really think we should draft Justin Blackmon if he is available. This is saying a lot coming from me because I always want Lineman and linebackers in the first round ( not saying we don't need other positions, just saying what I like) But this Kid is a total freak at WR and probably is the best WR to come out since Jerry Rice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/32309/video-justin-blackmon-sports-science

EVERY YEAR "THE BEST RECEIVER SINCE" COMES out.. but yes he is very very good!

You have relegated yourself to the, " I don't know jack about the NFL draft" list

I agree--I posted this before this past draft.

While I agree that Blackmon will be a top 10 pick, most references I saw had him rated 3rd amongst receivers for 2011 (behind both Green and Jones).

Not to re-hash an old debate, but you also said this to me when I said Von Miller was a guaranteed top 3 pick. :nana:

As much as I like him, it's not the smart thing to do. I think we'll be drafting a qb with our first pick. The guy is a future star. I liken him to roddy white. We need someone like Aaron rodgers or Joe Thomas before we need roddy white.

the bills will be picking a franchise QB or LT.......but i agree Blackmon looks special.....saw a mock draft that had him rated the 2nd best WR in next years draft to Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina (never heard of em).

The kid is a super stud but you dont win in football with skill positions (not counting QB). You win with lineman, TEs, and linebackers. This has been proven over and over and over and over and over.....

We need two tackles, another starting outside backer, some youth at inside backer, another TE, and maybe a QB if Fitz regresses at all. We are more than capable at WR.

While I agree that Blackmon will be a top 10 pick, most references I saw had him rated 3rd amongst receivers for 2011 (behind both Green and Jones).

Not to re-hash an old debate, but you also said this to me when I said Von Miller was a guaranteed top 3 pick. :nana:

No, you're mistaken.

You are on the " I know about the NFL draft list."

We just had a difference of opinion. You or I would have never said that Von Miller will be a 3rd round pick. I was think #13, not #2. I was wrong. (Yet still couldn't be happier with the way the 2011 draft went.)

I did put you on the "I heart the itty bitty Von Miller even though there is no way he can make an impact at OLB in the NFL" list

I may have to change the name of the list to "I was right about Von Miller and WSS was so wrong" list it's still TBD, but he had an impactful pre-season.

The kid is a super stud but you dont win in football with skill positions (not counting QB). You win with lineman, TEs, and linebackers. This has been proven over and over and over and over and over.....

We need two tackles, another starting outside backer, some youth at inside backer, another TE, and maybe a QB if Fitz regresses at all. We are more than capable at WR.

Agreed that this team would be much better off going with a pass rusher, starting tackle, or QB.

No, you're mistaken.

You are on the " I know about the NFL draft list."

We just had a difference of opinion. You or I would have never said that Von Miller will be a 3rd round pick. I was think #13, not #2. I was wrong. (Yet still couldn't be happier with the way the 2011 draft went.)

I did put you on the "I heart the itty bitty Von Miller even though there is no way he can make an impact at OLB in the NFL" list

I may have to change the name of the list to "I was right about Von Miller and WSS was so wrong" list it's still TBD, but he had an impactful pre-season.

Yeah I was just tossing a friendly barb out there.

You're right, however, that it's waaaay too early for the Miller determination. Although I do think Denver's pass rush is going to give people fits this year, especially when they put Miller over the oppsoing RT and let teams decide if they want to give him help and leave Elvis one-on-one against a LT...yikes.

the bills will be picking a franchise QB or LT.......but i agree Blackmon looks special.....saw a mock draft that had him rated the 2nd best WR in next years draft to Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina (never heard of em).

Alshon Jeffrey is the !@#$in Man, look up the highlight reels, he's the total package as a WR. Big, fast, excellent hands, can go deep or cross the middle, plus has a great vertical as well. He's the best WR in the Nation, hands down.

Alshon Jeffrey is the !@#$in Man, look up the highlight reels, he's the total package as a WR. Big, fast, excellent hands, can go deep or cross the middle, plus has a great vertical as well. He's the best WR in the Nation, hands down.

You're clearly a homer but I think you're right that he is a top WR in Nation.

I'm in a dynasty Fantasy Football league, where we keep 27 players year over year. I keep tabs of players that look like they have potent ion. Jeffrey is one.

What did you think of Gurley?

You're clearly a homer but I think you're right that he is a top WR in Nation.

I'm in a dynasty Fantasy Football league, where we keep 27 players year over year. I keep tabs of players that look like they have potent ion. Jeffrey is one.

What did you think of Gurley?

inconsistant hands, came out too early, needed another yr, but he's a guy that could potentially develop on someone PS, like SJ13.

Completely agree....Jeffrey has it all. He reminds me a lot of Calvin Johnson. The guy catches everything.