Indy radio host says Peyton Manning

papazoid

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick a fork in the Colts. They are done. The run is over even if Manning returns. They have a O line that has not jelled. NO running game. Collins looked bad last year and Painter should be a house painter. The Defense was built on attack speed. They do best when Peyton gives them a 14 point lead. When even or behind, they get crushed. Houston is ready to over take them for dominance in the division. The Titans and Jags are rebuilding but always play them tough. NO Manning equals no chance. Yes they can be bad enough to enter the Andrew Luck sweep stakes. Just our luck.

Remember when Brady went down in week 1 and it looked like the season was over? Manning is more valuable and the rest of the Colts less talented, but Kerry Collins also was the QB of a 13-3 team three seasons ago. I think they will play out the season even if Manning can't make it, and they will not get a chance to draft Luck.

The news about Peyton Manning’s injury is going to get worse before it gets better.

The latest from Colts information director/owner Jim Irsay, via Twitter:

“NFL Season opens 2nite!We had a good practice yesterday and r guys r fired up 4 the season.#18′s out for awhile,but compete,we will/BELIEVE,” Irsay wrote.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/08/colts-owner-peyton-manning-will-be-out-awhile/

Manning is expected to have surgery, miss “significant time”

With rampant rumors and reports regarding the status of quarterback Peyton Manning, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Manning could have neck surgery as soon today, and that he will miss “significant time” as he recovers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/08/manning-is-expected-to-have-surgery-miss-significant-time/

Wow. If Polian and his son "are all that", how could they let the QB situation develop to where if Manning can't play, their best bet is hauling Kerry Collins out of retirement?

Especially after Manning had the first neck surgery.

That's some sh** folks.

I cant tell if this is sarcasm???? So if one of the greatest QB's in the history of the NFL goes down you are criticizing the GM for not having enough depth?

Manning is expected to have surgery, miss “significant time”

With rampant rumors and reports regarding the status of quarterback Peyton Manning, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Manning could have neck surgery as soon today, and that he will miss “significant time” as he recovers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/08/manning-is-expected-to-have-surgery-miss-significant-time/

Yep, Manning had surgery this morning. His 2011 season is done.

Haven't read through the thread so maybe someone else mentioned this already but here it is. A "friend" with some good inside knowledge of Indy says there's a good chance Manning will never play again. Or to put it the way he did, it was that the Colts won't be surprised if he doesn't play again. I guess this is a lot more serious than has been let on.

Haven't read through the thread so maybe someone else mentioned this already but here it is. A "friend" with some good inside knowledge of Indy says there's a good chance Manning will never play again. Or to put it the way he did, it was that the Colts won't be surprised if he doesn't play again. I guess this is a lot more serious than has been let on.

Any neck injury is serious business and it's possible he may never play again. But too soon to say for sure.

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning had further neck surgery Thursday, sources familiar with the situation said. Manning decided to have the surgery, the sources said, after consultation with a half-dozen doctors who reached a consensus that the most viable option would be a one-level cervical neck fusion in the wake of his May 23 surgery to repair a bulging disk. It's unclear whether Manning would be able to return to play this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6944302/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-more-surgery-neck-sources-say

I cant tell if this is sarcasm???? So if one of the greatest QB's in the history of the NFL goes down you are criticizing the GM for not having enough depth?

Not sure if that was sarcasm, but I am serious with the same thought. The Colts team has masked a lot of deficiencies with PM's play. An excellent GM would have built a better overall team to the point that one player does not control the fortune of the franchise. At this point, we don't know how the Colts will play if PM does not return this year. But, it is a good test of Polian's team-building prowess. We will see - I think he was an excellent selector of talent but PM's success lulled him into a false sense of (over) confidence.

one less team to compete for a wild card.i always watch games from a perspective of " how will the bills benefit " mindset. i have the utmost respect for manning and it sure is sad, the colts are in trouble, to say the least, but it just reshuffles the wild card deck a bit.

Edited by dwight in philly

Not sure if that was sarcasm, but I am serious with the same thought. The Colts team has masked a lot of deficiencies with PM's play. An excellent GM would have built a better overall team to the point that one player does not control the fortune of the franchise. At this point, we don't know how the Colts will play if PM does not return this year. But, it is a good test of Polian's team-building prowess. We will see - I think he was an excellent selector of talent but PM's success lulled him into a false sense of (over) confidence.

The deficiencies are obvious when it comes to problems at LT, HB, and QB.

Tony Ugoh

Joseph Addai (he's a-aight, but not a star)

Donald Brown

Jim Sorgi

Curtis Painter

Dan Orlovsky

He hasn't really been the same Bill Polian in a while...

The deficiencies are obvious when it comes to problems at LT, HB, and QB.

Tony Ugoh

Joseph Addai (he's a-aight, but not a star)

Donald Brown

Jim Sorgi

Curtis Painter

Dan Orlovsky

He hasn't really been the same Bill Polian in a while...

IMHO, with a talent like PM at the helm, the Colts should have won more SBs.