Hairston to play some LT vs Lions

Peace Frog

I think the play in the game against the Broncos is a little off...firstly the Broncos game planned (to excite their fan base) whereas the bills did not do any game planning.

Secondly, in real live games, the Bills are going to put TE help for Bell. We can forget about the TE being part of the passing attack. It is just not going to happen. The

Question is do we have enough in the LT and TE to open holes or pass protect. I think they will do OK.

Yeah I don't buy that...Forget about game planning, TE's, or any other excuse. If you watch that game, you will realize Bell got Blown away over and over again in one on one blocking, usually in less than a full second. Run blocking and pass blocking alike (one play jackson was almost tackled before he took the hand off). None of those excuses have any merit, a starting left tackle should be able to hold a block for a full second, at least once in a while. And saying "well it was Dumervile" isn't an excuse either, he was beat almost every play by him, allowed a sack by Miller, and was thrown into Fitz on the int by Ayers. He literally couldn't block anyone in that game.

I know Bell hasn't looked THAT bad every game, and people want to be optimistic. But he got absolutely destroyed in that game, no excuses can change that.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact remains is our OL is woeful and because of that, our offense will not be able to use all the plays and weapons good teams use - TE for instance. Our offense will be built and run to cover our weaknesses and not to exploit other teams weaknesses. We've been operating this way for more than a decade and this is yet another year if it. Nix decided to fix this team in a consecutive manner and not in concurrent way. So minimum of two more years of mediocre - midling results. So just know that and hope to see steady progress.

Well, that should be interesting. Let's see how much progress he's made I guess.

In the interview, a reporter said to Gailey "[urbik] will be going up against a pretty good DT on Thursday," to which Gailey quickly responded "he's been going up against a pretty good one in practice (Williams) already."

In the interview, a reporter said to Gailey "[urbik] will be going up against a pretty good DT on Thursday," to which Gailey quickly responded "he's been going up against a pretty good one in practice (Williams) already."

Can't argue with that.

i will do my best to watch every down of Hairston tonight.....while trying to keep an eye on who blocks Suh.

watched Hairston alot at LT....he did not start (Bell did). i thought Hairston played well, i was surprised. looked like all the trouble was coming from the right side.

watched Hairston alot at LT....he did not start (Bell did). i thought Hairston played well, i was surprised. looked like all the trouble was coming from the right side.

That's no surprise since the right side was manned by Howard. I was, however, surprised by how badly Rinehart did. Did Gailey really think that this was a starter a couple of weeks ago?

That's no surprise since the right side was manned by Howard. I was, however, surprised by how badly Rinehart did. Did Gailey really think that this was a starter a couple of weeks ago?

Word is having Rinehart start at LG and Levitre start at LT were motivational moves.

Word is having Rinehart start at LG and Levitre start at LT were motivational moves.

Yes, aimed directly at Bell. It wasn't so much of a demotion for Levitre, as they wanted to place him at LT to light a fire underneath Bell. Since Levitre can play two positions at once, they shifted Rinehart into Levitre's old spot. The whole thing was all about Bell being lazy.

I thought Hairston looked surprisingly fluid out there tonight. Was impressed!

From what I have seen, he has the skills to become a solid RT....if he continues to progress, I'm sure he will be given every opportunity to compete for the starting RT job at camp next year.

Hairston impressed me quite a bit. He way exceeded my expectations in this game. I watched many plays over and over again trying to follow the OL play & his in particular. Hairston generally played his part very well. I was especially surprised to see him do well in space. The word of him being a bit of a heavy foot (and thus a RT prospect not an LT) did not look to be true to me. He also did some nice blocks on the second level on LB/S/DBs (couldn't always see the number of the D player)

He did botch one play & gave up a sack by blocking the wrong guy once (It was a weird, weird mental error).

But still, color me impressed.

Good to hear about Hairston. He could be the LT of the (near) future if Bell doesn't continue to develop. I liked his interview after the game. Seemed to realize he made mistakes, needs to improve, and wants to improve.

From what I have seen, he has the skills to become a solid RT....if he continues to progress, I'm sure he will be given every opportunity to compete for the starting RT job at camp next year.

Perhaps THIS year.

P.S. You're beautiful!:wub: I think we should all use personal pics as avatars. It would very likely cut down on I-bullying if we knew what the azz's looked like.

P.S.S. Of course, that's assuming it's a pic of you..:flirt: