Joique Bell

mjohns85

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15495889

I was always impressed with Bell's running style. I wish we would have kept him on our roster. At the time, we had a loaded back-field and simply didn't have a roster spot for him. I am not bashing the front office for not keeping him. THIS IS NOT a Bills are doomed and our front office are idiots thread. Though Bells stats from yesterdays game are impressive, it is what it is. It was a pre-season game, and probably against second and third and fourth string defense. It would be interesting to see him get a shot playing for real on Sundays.

I really like Bell, at least as well as J. White (who I also like). He's a punishing runner who can catch and juke just enough to get some big plays.

I'd be fine having him on the team if we aren't using a FB and cut McIntyre, who I also like, btu haven't really seen or hear about so far this year.

It really makes you wonder though when the guy couldn't stick with 3 different teams last year.

Small school, 4.68 40, decent but not great size 5,11 220- his college highlights are awesome but at a Division 2 level and he has had some injuries- but given all that he has produced when given the ball during pre-season games- reminded me a little bit of Fred Jackson who took awhile for people to believe in, Bell will probably need a lucky break to get playing time- otherwise it's catch 22- hasn't done it in regular season games so they won't play him in regular season games- this guy is the anti-Spiller not much speed but slippery as heck and hard to bring down.

It really makes you wonder though when the guy couldn't stick with 3 different teams last year.

We know what happened on the Bills. For the Colts and Eagles he was brought in mid-season until their players healed. It's more a complement that those good teams saw something in him than a concern that they let him go. The Colts claimed him off waivers the day after the Eagles let him go, then the Easgles picked him up again two days after the Colts let him go.

I was going to post this article this morning but ran out of time before work.

I'll make the point that J Bell was not or should not have been considered a replacement for Freddy or Spiller; however, the Bills used a 5th round pick in this years draft on Johnny White, who essentially plays the same type of role that Bell could have played. Maybe the 5th round pick could have been used adressing another area of concern. Just my 2 cents.

I was going to post this article this morning but ran out of time before work.

I'll make the point that J Bell was not or should not have been considered a replacement for Freddy or Spiller; however, the Bills used a 5th round pick in this years draft on Johnny White, who essentially plays the same type of role that Bell could have played. Maybe the 5th round pick could have been used adressing another area of concern. Just my 2 cents.

We needed to cut Bell in order to keep Lynch in order to trade Lynch for a fourth round pick so that we could draft another RB with a fifth round pick...

Won't go so far as to say that he better than CJ, but I'd rather have Bell over white right now....

I would say that Bell is far better than Spiller right now. That's an easy call. Spiller is producing **** at the moment.

Spiller however has a much higher potential than Bell which is why Chix drafted Spiller so high in the first place.

Now Gailey and Spiller need to figure out a way for Spiller to achieve his potential, and pretty damn quick.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'd rather have Bell than Spiller. Spiller sucks. :thumbdown:

While I like Bell the player and was against releasing him at the time.....Spiller was much better this past Saturday......

He didn't look lost in pass protection and looked like he was shot out of a rocket on those north south runs.....his problem now is he is running TOO fast....and not allowing for his blocking to develop at the 2nd level. Once he figures this out ohhhhhh boooooy

I'm not saying the Bills should have kept Joique last year when they had Lynch, Jackson and Spiller - three #1 backs, but he has always been damn good. If he went to Tampa last year instead of the Eagles he would have killed it harder than Blount.

Here is a quote from New Orelans:

Bell gashed up the pre-season last year for the Bills, but the brainchild that is their front office let him go anyway.

I don't think our FO is that dumb. He will be a Saint this year.

& another...

I remember around the time of the San Fran game some folks were doing the Bell vs Ivory vs PT. Each is different, this ain't Buffalo, and the Saints Brain Trust actually has brains. The Guy won the DII version of the Heisman, and you got to keep someone like that.
Edited by Kaenon

I liked Bell last year too. It just goes to show how many RB's there are floating around out there that look really promising. It also shows just how hard it is to be an undrafted RB and make an active roster. As we know, it's the easiest position to fill in the NFL. Hopefully, like Freddie, it takes this kid a couple years to get noticed but ultimately his career takes off.