2002:

Mike Williams - BUST

The rest: (ahem)

Ruben Brown, Pro Bowler

John Fina (very solid LT)

Will Wolford, Pro Bowler

Jim Richter, Pro Bowler

Stew Barber, AFL All-Star

WHAT are we DOING???? My God, I didn't realize that we were 5/6 on picks for OLmen. That is amazing, and yet we ignore the position for lower round picks.

Thoughts?

Edited by BmoreBills

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First Round Bills OL picks of the past:

2002:

Mike Williams - BUST

Ruben Brown, Pro Bowler

Will Wolford, Pro Bowler

Jim Richter, Pro Bowler

WHAT are we DOING???? My God, I didn't realize that we were 5/6 on picks for OLmen. That is amazing, and yet we ignore the position for lower round picks.

Thoughts?

I think Chix have been following the game plan that the originally envisioned and I don't have problems with it. We had so many problems with our team and they chose to fix the Defense first. While I'm sure they considered fixing the O, they felt it was more important to solidify our Defense considering that we ran a horribly undersized Tampa 2, 4-3. So while they focused on Defense, they spent a fewer later round draft picks on Oline (guys like Wang), picked up a few castoffs from other teams (Ubrik), and worked with developing the current on-team talent (Bell). These guys may not be the greatest, but they could end up being solid back-ups so that next year when we hit O line hard in the Draft, we will have already developed solid depth.

You missed Joe D and Paul Seymour....

Be that as it may, at the risk of undermining your panicky rant, perhaps you should check how many great OLinemen, for the Bills or others, were not high draft picks. You may be surprised by what you find.

and Eric Wood... :rolleyes:

2002:

Mike Williams - BUST

Ruben Brown, Pro Bowler

Will Wolford, Pro Bowler

Jim Richter, Pro Bowler

Thoughts?

You are of course, ignoring the pick of perhaps, the only recent first round pick that hasn't disappointed (so far) Eric Wood...

Edited by Buftex

Blah blah blah...we know. I have a question: If you only have one first round pick each year, how do you draft 1st rounders at every position of need? I mean if you draft O-line, you're not drafting a QB, D-line, LB, etc.

PTR

True. Where would we be without Maybin, Whitner, Losman, McKelvin, McGahee or Lynch?

True. Where would we be without Maybin, Whitner, Losman, McKelvin, McGahee or Lynch?

Same place we are now since none of those guys are on our team (except McKelvin). Unless you meant to ask "if we had known they were going to be busts and drafted someone else, then where would we be?" Which there is no possible way we could have known any of them would suck (except maybe Maybin)

2002:

Mike Williams - BUST

Ruben Brown, Pro Bowler

Will Wolford, Pro Bowler

Jim Richter, Pro Bowler

Thoughts?

:doh:

Why would the Ravens trade Oher the year Spiller was drafted? He had a pretty good rookie season under his belt.

hehe; whoops. I forgot that Oher was drafted in 2009. I know I wanted him, not MAYBIN!!!

As for 2010 when we picked Spiller, I think the popular picks were Baluga and Anthony Davis. In hindsight, sure would have been nice to have snagged Maurkice Pouncey.