Chicago Bears Exhibition

youtube.com/watch?v=MIJJMa3y0ek&feature=related

I think we'll struggle a bit on O simply because you removed your number one receiver the day before the game. We'll see but regardless of what happens it's just preseason. Hence, evaluation is full of atypical variables.

When did we lose Stevie?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt call this a prediction as much as a strong possibility:

fitz sucks on the two drives. then thigpen tears it up and all of a sudden TBD explodes and there's an internet QB controversy.

ditto for johnny white. he'll make a few impressive plays and all of a sudden beersphere will be closing all the threads about spiller being a wasted pick and how teams can find a running back off the street blah blah blah...

________________________________________________________________________________

remember, it's the preseason. the FIRST preseason game to boot. there is really not much to take away from whatever we see here.

teams do not want to give away the intricacies of their schemes before the regular season starts, and the primary goal is to evaluate the players whom have not had a lot (or any) experience against full speed opposition.

i predict guarantee i will have a good time boozing and arguing with my friends about any and all things BILLS while the game is on.

and i really really hope our starting D looks improved :thumbsup:

youtube.com/watch?v=MIJJMa3y0ek&feature=related

I think we'll struggle a bit on O simply because you removed your number one receiver the day before the game. We'll see but regardless of what happens it's just preseason. Hence, evaluation is full of atypical variables.

I think our starters will struggle on O because it is the first game, we are young, and we had no mini camps. It is harder to get the O going than it is the D.

Starters will hardly play. The first preseason game --- time to play at game speed against another team with full contact. This game gets the blodd flowing but both teamns will play a simple gameplan and Chan will look at last years backups and the new kids for a long time.

I belong in the camp that thinks preseason really desn't mean much as a predictor of regular season sucess. My hope for every preseson game is to finish with no significant injuries, for the new players to get some experiance, and for the coaching staff to see effort/lack of effort from players to aid them in their decisions to cut down the roster.

Chicago has been in the news lately for the horrendous shape their field is in ... even to the point the team refused to practice on it. I haven't seen any reports that the field has been fixed, or somebody from the league has inspected it and deemed it "game ready".

I will be sitting on "pins and needles" the entire game in fear of injury (especially to an O-lineman).

I understand this is football and injuries happen ... but to incur an injury during a meaningless game because of a poorly maintained field (that everyone knew about)will make my head explode.

That's my only concern tonight. But given how much the Bears are beloved in Chicago, you'd think they wouldn't let them play on a bad field.

Being loved and having the Millions to fix the field are 2 different things. Solider field is owned and ran by the city the Bears are just tenants there and while they have said they do not like the new grass I have yet to see the owner of the Bears fork out the cash to get the field done.

If Chan were smart he would sit most the starters like the Pats did that way there is nothing to really worry about let them have the night off and in a few weeks they can start the season injury free

Both teams have to play on the same field so I'm sure if Chicago thinks its unplayable and dangerous they will have to figure something out then. Neither team is willing to risk injury on something like this. My guess is the field will be fine at 8 PM tonight.

Being loved and having the Millions to fix the field are 2 different things. Solider field is owned and ran by the city the Bears are just tenants there and while they have said they do not like the new grass I have yet to see the owner of the Bears fork out the cash to get the field done.

If Chan were smart he would sit most the starters like the Pats did that way there is nothing to really worry about let them have the night off and in a few weeks they can start the season injury free

As Marcellosaurus said, it's also a matter of the Bears not wanting to risk their players.

I belong in the camp that thinks preseason really desn't mean much as a predictor of regular season sucess. My hope for every preseson game is to finish with no significant injuries, for the new players to get some experiance, and for the coaching staff to see effort/lack of effort from players to aid them in their decisions to cut down the roster.

Chicago has been in the news lately for the horrendous shape their field is in ... even to the point the team refused to practice on it. I haven't seen any reports that the field has been fixed, or somebody from the league has inspected it and deemed it "game ready".

I will be sitting on "pins and needles" the entire game in fear of injury (especially to an O-lineman).

I understand this is football and injuries happen ... but to incur an injury during a meaningless game because of a poorly maintained field (that everyone knew about)will make my head explode.

I will be at Solider Field tonight and will be staying for most of the game. I will give everyone a thorough report on what I saw both positive and negative tonight. While I am not one of the fans in favor of the Lee Evans trade, I will watch the wide receivers tonight to see if they get separation from the DB's of the Bears and most of all if they can catch the football.

I agree with you. This is a huge topic for discussion. I hate Injuries and it really waters down the talent level on the field. And that makes me hate preseason even more when someone gets hurt.

It's nice when younger guys get the chance to compete due someone not being there, but I guess it's just part of the game. I won't say the strongest survive, because they all are pro athletes, I guess it's the smartest or luckiest that survive.

Answer: Yes you are. This is where we play our best players for one possession and let the injuries sort out the wheat from the chaff on the second stringers.

Problem is some of the second and third stringers on our team could end up starters or play significant amnounts of time. Especially on defense were we will rotate the front 7 a lot. I would hate to see top prospects get hurt (See Easley last year).

We're Bills fans, we always worry (and expect the worst). It's what we do best, not that this team gives us a reason to think otherwise.

I think it will be a remarkably boring game, with a lot of basic formations so that the rookies can get the feel for the game.

The veterans will get some time to play but I'm not expecting too much excitement.

The highlight will be seeing the Bills on the field in their new uni's, and it'll just be a welcome sight to watch football again.

GO BILLS!!!!!

We have a winner!