Donte say's his heart is in Buffalo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like donte. guy plays with passion and is a student of the game. he just seems to have a bit of an inflated sense of value (which he may be coming down on) and is a bit a a twitter drama queen. i don't think there is any question about his desire to win or that he is a team player. i'm just not sure if he reallt fits here with his personality and i wish him the best wherever he goes. i just think if he comes back it may be a bit awkward.

If they offer him $5MM now it sure as hell better be total for 3 years.

I actually wouldn't mind having Donte back, at a reduced salary of course. He might play with some attitude after getting dissed by the rest of the NFL. At least Buddy made him a decent offer, showed him he was wanted here.

PTR

i like donte. guy plays with passion and is a student of the game. he just seems to have a bit of an inflated sense of value (which he may be coming down on) and is a bit a a twitter drama queen. i don't think there is any question about his desire to win or that he is a team player. i'm just not sure if he reallt fits here with his personality and i wish him the best wherever he goes. i just think if he comes back it may be a bit awkward.

My thoughts exactly. While his mouth and tweets are exhausting, he plays well vs the run,plays with passion and can lay a lick. looks like buddy doesn't want him. I'd love to sign him for 2-3.5 mill per.

It wouldn't bother me to see Donte back at the right price. I think he took too much crap from the people who follow twitter. I think another athlete like Donte on this defense would be nice. Although if he left, who really gives a schiete.

I wish Donte the best...but, I will swan dive off of the Hover Dam...if the Bills give him a long tern contract of 5 million per year!

His bipolar tweets have ruined my life as a Bills fan over the past 2 years!

Dude, he is a football player, twitter doesn't make a freaking difference to how he plays on the field. How do you think he played ball?

I think he'll be back. With this unusual free agency period, time is of the essence for guys in this buyers market. They want to play and need to play somewhere. I don't think the Bills turn away depth and a decent player familiar with the defense over personal feelings.

The Bengals appeared to be the only serious interest and that looks to have ended.

I agree with the other callers... Donte is a good football player that I would like to have on my team at good football player money. He is passionate about the team and the area and that passion (as we as a slight lack of number 8 pick talent) is what got him in trouble.

He may come back more humble and perhaps with an even bigger fire in his belly.

Edited by theesir

I agree with the other callers... Donte is a good football player that I would like to have on my team at good football player money. He is passionate about the team and the area and that passion (as we as a slight lack of number 8 pick talent) is what got him in trouble.

He may come back more humble and perhaps with an even bigger fire in his belly.

Is the phone still ringing?

Dude, he is a football player, twitter doesn't make a freaking difference to how he plays on the field. How do you think he played ball?

I think Donte is such a marginal upgrade over Wilson that his incessant tweeting is the deciding factor. I would only want Donte back at a reduced salary and a no twitter clause.

Whitner isn't really so much different than all of us on this board, we also have a desire to win and none of us can cover an NFL tight end either.