Vegas set Bills at 5.5 wins for over/under

papazoid

i'm going under.....i just don't see 6 wins.

I caught that tidbit on WGR. Not surprised by the line set for Buff, I think its a fair assessment. I've got them at 6 wins so choosing the over.

I am surprised, however, that at 5.5 wins, Vegas has pegged Buffalo as the second worst team in the NFL behind only Carolina. Vegas must be real high on Andy Dalton and the Bungles, or the Grossmen led Skins.

Bills are underrated

I think much of the league is over-valued. If I were a betting man I'd look to get some cash down on a lot of unders right now. 5.5 wins will not be the second worst record in the NFL. What have Detroit and Cleveland done to move out of their mother's basement? Skins and Bungles? Denver? Ridiculous.

I'm taking the over. Buffalo is not a terrible football team, they really started to play well a couple games after Fitz took over at QB. The should have won close games last season, Baltimore, KC, and Pitt, will be wins this year. The Bills win at least 7...

I am saying over. You can look game by game and struggle to come up with 6 but this will be an improved team imo. I see atleast 1 win between Jets or Pats. I think we will beat the Dolphins twice. Then the rest of the season is a toss up...

09/11 @ Kansas City Chiefs Is K.C. that much better than they were last year? I think we are. We went to O.T. I see a potential W.

09/18 Oakland Raiders Oakland fired there coach and have lost a ton of talent. I see this as a W.

09/25 New England Patriots If we are going to win 1 against them it will be this one.

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals Cincy blows. They haven't added talent and have lost a bunch. W.

10/9 Philadelphia Eagles Loss. Philly looks like the team to beat.

10/16 @ New York Giants Which NYG team shows up. It all depends on Eli and he doesn't typically play all that well at home.

10/23 Bye

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor) Washington was a mess last year and I don't see much more w/ ? at QB. W

11/06 New York Jets

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys Which Dallas Team shows up? Right now I see this going either way.

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins Win. Henne blows, they lost Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams isn't under contract.

11/27 @ New York Jets

12/04 Tennessee Titans What will they do under a rookie HC. Could go either way.

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers A trip to the West cost with our 4th game on the road in 5. Loss.

12/18 Miami Dolphins Win. See above.

12/24 Denver Broncos Win. Denver just wont get better with the lack of talent on that team.

1/01 @ New England Patriots Loss. I don't see us beating NE at this point in the season.

I see 6 definite wins. 2 out of Miami, Oakland, Cincy, Denver, Washington

I see 1 win in the remain 4 division games.

I see potential in the Tennessee, Dallas, K.C games.

I think we fall somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7. Go ahead and tell me why I am crazy now.

Edited by cmjoyce113

I think we split with Miami, beat the Raiders, Titans, and Bungals, but lose to the Skins in Toronto (if it werent in Toronto we would likely beat them). I'll then give us 1 unpredictable win for goo measure. Thats 5 wins. Under.

I think much of the league is over-valued. If I were a betting man I'd look to get some cash down on a lot of unders right now. 5.5 wins will not be the second worst record in the NFL. What have Detroit and Cleveland done to move out of their mother's basement? Skins and Bungles? Denver? Ridiculous.

Detroit has had a few good drafts under its belt since they fired Matt Millen. They are a team on the rise.

I'd expect Washington to be a bit less of a circus without Haynesworth, but not a huge improvement.

Don't know enough about what the other teams have done.

You guys have homer goggles on. There is no way we are winning more than 6 games this year, and anyone who is saying we may get 10 wins is absolutely out of their mind. Give me the under all day long. I would love to be wrong though.

You guys have homer goggles on. There is no way we are winning more than 6 games this year, and anyone who is saying we may get 10 wins is absolutely out of their mind. Give me the under all day long. I would love to be wrong though.

You really think the team that we were at the end of the year isn't going to show up again? The team that took K.C. Baltimore and Pittsburgh to the brink. I personally think there are some teams that are going to suck on our schedule. (oakland, Washington, Denver, Miami twice) Call me a homer if you'd like but I laid out specifics in my original post as to why I think we will beat team.

I will say it again .... over all day

3-5 wins. Under. Net loss of Poz, Whitner, Stroud. Rookies/2nd year players have little impact this year. Fitz shows that he is a slightly below average QB, as expected. Top 3 pick.

If you are going to call out the Poz loss then you better mention the Barnett gain. We haven't even lost Whitner yet. IMO George Wilson is the same player if not better in pass coverage. Stroud isn't even in the league any more so how is that a loss? I don't see Fitz struggling either. I think he will perform pretty well with the weapons we have on offense and going through the offseason/camp as the starter.

We will not be a top 3 pick. I see Miami potentially down there. I see Denver, Carolina, Oakland, Cleveland, Cincy, Washington, maybe Tennessee, San Fran all worse than us. Maybe I am crazy but that's what I am seeing out of this season.

You really think the team that we were at the end of the year isn't going to show up again? The team that took K.C. Baltimore and Pittsburgh to the brink. I personally think there are some teams that are going to suck on our schedule. (oakland, Washington, Denver, Miami twice) Call me a homer if you'd like but I laid out specifics in my original post as to why I think we will beat team.

I will say it again .... over all day

If you are going to call out the Poz loss then you better mention the Barnett gain. We haven't even lost Whitner yet. IMO George Wilson is the same player if not better in pass coverage. Stroud isn't even in the league any more so how is that a loss? I don't see Fitz struggling either. I think he will perform pretty well with the weapons we have on offense and going through the offseason/camp as the starter.

We will not be a top 3 pick. I see Miami potentially down there. I see Denver, Carolina, Oakland, Cleveland, Cincy, Washington, maybe Tennessee, San Fran all worse than us. Maybe I am crazy but that's what I am seeing out of this season.

Barnett is a prototypical 4-3 linebacker that we are going to plug into a 3-4. Moats moving to inside is a huge ? Merriman is a ? Out o-line is a ?

There was no game tape on Fitz last year. Teams have had a year to disect his tendecies. Lets see if he can maintain what he had now that teams know about him.

To many question Marks. I go under.

I think the Bills shock everyone and have a 10-6 record and are one of the wildcard teams. Just a feeling I have. This group looks confident, cohesive, hungry and have added enough starting talent the last couple of years to make some waves. Also, on the "good karma" front...new uniforms, Wanny added as a defensive coach, everyone knows their roles this year, everyone knows the plays and schemes.

Additional prediction...they split their games with both the Pats and the Jets.

all i heard last year was i only see one win, how can we compete etc. Instead we win 4 and I can gave you the Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs, Bears, Steelers as games that they not only could have won but should have won.

The schedule this year is easier -, also second year players make a huge jump you can't lump them in with rookies.

I think we fall somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7. Go ahead and tell me why I am crazy now.

im on board and will go as far to say the Bills will be a playoff team this year

Barnett is a prototypical 4-3 linebacker that we are going to plug into a 3-4. To many question Marks. I go under.

Why is a 4-3 linebacker? He played in a 3-4 in Green Bay and did damn good

I see 4-6 wins.

On the topic of the league being overvalued, I agree. But the thing you have to look at is the +/- money on each teams over under. I live in Vegas and do a lot of handicapping. I've yet to look at the total wins o/u yet but each year, the books usually give you a lopsided value on each team. For example, I believe last year, the bears o/u was around 9. I thought they were going under and would have bet it, but the under was giving -200 while the over was + 100. You had to bet 200 to win 100 on the under. Last year, more than other years, that was the case with most teams. Why not make the o/u 8 wins with a -130 instead of -200 at 9? It seems like the book doesn't want you to bet the o/u win totals. Betters are looking for value, and the book rarely gives an opportunistic value with the o/u on wins.

If the bills were o/u 5.5 with + money, its a good bet, but not with - money. I'd never bet the under for the bills wins strictly because of my allegiance to the team. I do routinely bet against them, if the lines call for it. I know more about the bills than the book does, so I see it as an easy way to make some cash. Do you guys bet for/against the bills often?