Vegas set Bills at 5.5 wins for over/under

papazoid

Why is a 4-3 linebacker? He played in a 3-4 in Green Bay and did damn good

To echo what you said in response to earlier post that Barnett is a prototypical 4-3 LB so is Poz. That's why he chose to go to Jacksonville. Its an eye for an eye imo. Not to mention when your defense sucks you are going to have more tackles, there are just more tackles to be had. Poz isn't a game changer. Never has been and never will be. Let's see what happens here on out but we are no worse at that position than we were last year.

If you are going to call out the Poz loss then you better mention the Barnett gain. We haven't even lost Whitner yet. IMO George Wilson is the same player if not better in pass coverage. Stroud isn't even in the league any more so how is that a loss? I don't see Fitz struggling either. I think he will perform pretty well with the weapons we have on offense and going through the offseason/camp as the starter.

We will not be a top 3 pick. I see Miami potentially down there. I see Denver, Carolina, Oakland, Cleveland, Cincy, Washington, maybe Tennessee, San Fran all worse than us. Maybe I am crazy but that's what I am seeing out of this season.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. IMO we picked up type "C" free agents and lost type "B". Whitner is gone. Defense is weaker, special teams isn't as special as it used to be and our offense is average at best. Put us in the same division as NE and NYJ and match us against the NFC East and that's where I come up with 3-5 wins.

I caught that tidbit on WGR. Not surprised by the line set for Buff, I think its a fair assessment. I've got them at 6 wins so choosing the over.

I am surprised, however, that at 5.5 wins, Vegas has pegged Buffalo as the second worst team in the NFL behind only Carolina. Vegas must be real high on Andy Dalton and the Bungles, or the Grossmen led Skins.

I think that's a good line. Six wins looks about right at this point.

Just for giggles; placing a multibet at bwin.com for Bills as AFC Champs and Superbowl winner pays out at 1/8820.

Wow. That almost seems worth it to throw a 100$ down and c what happens. U win and ur nearly a millionaire...AND u get to celebrate ur team winning the superbowl!

Wow. That almost seems worth it to throw a 100$ down and c what happens. U win and ur nearly a millionaire...AND u get to celebrate ur team winning the superbowl!

if you take the under....you can be happy either way....win or lose.......lol

heck i'm already betting $2,800 in season tickets i'm going to enjoy this mess.

Edited by papazoid

Bills are underrated

agreed. I would bet the farm on the over! We will sweep Miami and blow out Cincy, Oakland, and the Redskins. And this team will upset some good teams and lose some heartbreakers. My prediction and I am willing to put cash on it

For all the agruements of us winning 4 games last year and that we should/could have won more (Fins, Baltimore, KC, Steelers), we could have just as easily lost all 4 games that we won and should have definitely lost the Bengals game with that start.

I think the 5.5 is the right over/under split point.

If the Bills stay perfectly healthy, and things go all their way, and a dozen more "ifs" they might get to 6 wins. Otherwise 5 or below.

I keep my money in my pocket at least right now.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I have to say under. I look at how bad our offense was in the last couple games last year, and with a whole offseason to gameplan for Fitzpatrick, I see our offense taking a step back. I doubt the O-line will be any better, and I expect Fitz's performance to regress somewhat. (I'm discounting any Spiller/Brad Smith contributions, so if I'm wrong, maybe it's b/c they wind up bringing a lot to the table.)

I do expect the D to be at least a little better, but how much? Dareus is just a rookie, Williams can't be any better than he was last year (and will probably be worse - regression to the mean), and I refuse to count on anything from Merriman until I see it in a regular season game. Losing Whitner and Poz will probably hurt more than help (unless Barnett has a monster year), but not much. And as long as Kelsay continues to start at LB, I continue to have zero confidence in our D-coordinator or scheme.

So yeah, I'll go under, but I'm not quite confident enough to bet it. I've bet the Bills' win total exactly once - 2009, Jauron's last year. Over/under was 7.5 (-115), and I figured that if I had to sit through another horrible year under Jauron, I might as well at least get paid for it. Was 100% confident that we'd go under. Even the mini-rally under Fewell couldn't get us close.