Week 9: Nov. 7, 8:30 PM, Chicago Bears at Philadelphia Eagles

Week 10: Nov. 14, 8:30 PM, Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers

Week 11: Nov. 21, 8:30 PM, Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots

Week 12: Nov. 28, 8:30 PM, New York Giants at New Orleans Saints

Week 13: Dec. 5, 8:30 PM, San Diego Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars

Week 14: Dec. 12, 8:30 PM, St. Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks

Week 15: Dec. 19, 8:30 PM, Pittsburgh Steelers at San Francisco 49ers

Week 16: Dec. 26, 8:30 PM, Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints

Is it just me or does this year's Monday Night Football schedule look very weak.

I am not complaining about there not being any Bills. I get that no one but us really wants to see Buffalo play but Jacksonville has two home games? I don't even think many people in Jacksonville are excited about that let alone the nation.

With the exception of a couple of the typical big division rival games I am not seeing many good games and definitely not any "Must See" match-ups to get very excited about this year.

I am not complaining about there not being any Bills. I get that no one but us really wants to see Buffalo play but Jacksonville has two home games? I don't even think many people in Jacksonville are excited about that let alone the nation.

It's so LA can get a look at their new team.

Eh, we get the Pats, Jets, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, etc... shoved down our throats so much. I don't mind seeing teams like Jax & Raiders now and then. MNF isn't the franchise it used to be, now that Sunday night football is mainstream and some Thursday nighters. I will say that watching Seattle and the Rams is boring football to me. That's what other people around the country probably think of watching the Bills.

I presume the two home dates in Jax are a deliberate attempt to boost attendance. They can't draw on Sunday afternoons, so perhaps they can manage a sellout to a Monday night party.

A couple guys here at work were saying the exact same thing as this about Jacksonville.

The Sunday night schedule looks pretty good. It is almost like Monday and Sunday traded quality of games this year.

September 8 New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers

September 11 Dallas Cowboys @ New York Jets

September 18 Philadelphia Eagles @ Atlanta Falcons

September 25 Pittsburgh Steelers @ Indianapolis Colts

October 2 New York Jets @ Baltimore Ravens

October 9 Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons

October 16 Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears

October 23 Indianapolis Colts @ New Orleans Saints

October 30 Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles

November 6 Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers

November 13 New England Patriots @ New York Jets

November 20 Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants

November 27 Pittsburgh Steelers @ Kansas City Chiefs

December 4 Indianapolis Colts @ New England Patriots

December 11 New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

December 18 Baltimore Ravens @ San Diego Chargers

December 25 Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers

The sunday night games are so much better it's not even close. What the hell is MNF doing.

Too bad Sunday night football is unwatchable. I don't care if Olberman got canned, its unforgiveable that he was ever covering football to begin with. And if Olberman weren't bad enough we get Rodney f'ing Harrison. Combine terrible personalities with the most disjointed pre-game coverage imaginable as they switch back and forth between the six different reporting tandems, toss in a horse trailer for some reason and the 45 minute theme song from Pink, and I'm ready to stab my eyes out with a pointy stick and pour acid in my ears. I despise Sunday night football.

Is it just me or does this year's Monday Night Football schedule look very weak.

Definitely not just you. Two games each for Miami, Jacksonville and the Rams? Hard to predict who will be good this season, but that lineup doesn't seem to have many interesting games.

Edited by KD in CT

Interesting, the Week 16 MNF game last year was also ATL and NO, but switched venues this season to Nawlins. I think that's a good late season matchup.

And, only an away MNF game each for the last two AFC Champs, Indy and Pittsburgh.

Definitely not just you. Twice games each for Miami, Jacksonville and the Rams? Hard to predict who will be good this season, but that lineup doesn't seem to have many interesting games.

I really do not know the definate details but I believe MNF since they moved onto ESPN & NBC started airing Sunday Night football they do not get the top pick for games each week. I think NBC gets first pick of the game they want & CBS/Fox could block certain matchups once a twice a year on NBC & could block 2 or 3 games per week from ESPN snagging them. Once those games are blocked the pickings are probably pretty slim for ESPN & MNF.

It does seem a little wild that Jacksonville and Miami both have two MNF games. Then teams like the Eagles and Falcons only have one.

\

It is ridiculous...How the F do Jacksonville, Denver and St Louis (2 games too) get on there...and Tampa?

Even though Buffalo may have been subpar for a long time, The Bills fan base is WAY bigger than these teams and would draw an audience...

NOBODY cares about Jacksonville and Tampa including people in those towns-The cant sell out.

Not saying we deserve a game, but we did finish above Denver.

Detroit should have gotten a sniff too. They might be pretty good on the D side. A Detroit/ Green Bay game would have been a good match up.

The sunday night games are so much better it's not even close. What the hell is MNF doing.

In that ESPN book that recently came out, they mention something about how ESPN, despite being the biggest cheerleaders for the NFL (it benefits them too) has always felt that they get short changed by the league, in comparison to the old time major networks. I guess there is still some stigma attached to beig an "only cable" channel.

Honestly, while I don't care about the Jags enough to watch them twice on MNF (though I am sure I will) about halfway through last season, I just felt like it seemed like there were 4 or 5 teams in the NFL, and the rest were irrelevent, from the amount of covereage they got. I felt like I saw every Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Colts, and Pats game, I got sick of seeing them all play...it was kind of refreshing, at lesat now and again, to see some of the "lesser" teams, like San Francisco, Arizona, Cincy...it makes more sense, I suppose for thos matchups to be on ESPN than NBC.

Either way, MNF ain't what it used to be...

I rarely make it through a Monday night game without falling asleep. Sunday afternoon games too, for that matter.

Regarding the MNF shedule: Every team on our schedule, except Cinci and Tenni, play on a Monday this year.

For those of you who didn't already know this, Sunday Night Football is the NFL's "premiere" package. When NBC came into the mix and ABC/ESPN didn't want to give up Monday nights, it was agreed that the marquis games would be on Sunday nights. MNF is "just another night" of games, and they occasionally have some real stinkers.

Week 1: Sep. 12, 7:00 PM, New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins

Week 1: Sep. 12, 10:15 PM, Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos

Week 3: Sep. 26, 8:30 PM, Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys

Week 6: Oct. 17, 8:30 PM, Miami Dolphins at New York Jets

Week 9: Nov. 7, 8:30 PM, Chicago Bears at Philadelphia Eagles

Week 10: Nov. 14, 8:30 PM, Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers

Week 12: Nov. 28, 8:30 PM, New York Giants at New Orleans Saints

Week 16: Dec. 26, 8:30 PM, Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints

I only plan on watching the 7 games above...and the first two only because it's the first Monday, and i doubt I'll actually watch either of those two in their entirety.

I'll only watch week 3 because it's my Grandfather's team (Dallas) versus his brothers team (Washington), and the bout that they get into is hilarious (both men are in their 70's). The other games seem SEMI interesting

Too bad Sunday night football is unwatchable. I don't care if Olberman got canned, its unforgiveable that he was ever covering football to begin with. And if Olberman weren't bad enough we get Rodney f'ing Harrison. Combine terrible personalities with the most disjointed pre-game coverage imaginable as they switch back and forth between the six different reporting tandems, toss in a horse trailer for some reason and the 45 minute theme song from Pink, and I'm ready to stab my eyes out with a pointy stick and pour acid in my ears. I despise Sunday night football.

Please tell us how you reallly feel, now don't hold back. All kidding aside, I totally agree with

you on Oberman, but in sports broadcasting, and even other media stuff, intelligence and experience

on the subject matter at hand are really not prerquisites for commentator selection, it is a popularity

thing. Another good example is having, what's the blond dyke talk show chick?, can't place the name at the moment,

as a judge on American Idol, now what the hell does she know about singing? Oberman has turned way to many

people of with is political viewpoints, and ramblings, that he is just white noise anymore.