Ocho Cinco going to the Pats

Seems like belibitch is chasing "name" players. These moves make sense if he feels they're a couple players away from a SB. Personally I think theyve done their best work w no name/home grown "name" players. Supposedly their draft wasnt that great this year. Either we can beat them or we can't. These two clowns arent going to make the difference. If they were "ex" bills maybe (as they always seem to play like pro bowlers against us)......Im more concerned w who we sign and dont sign....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U know what?? I'm just gonna wait and see ur reactions when Chads burning us down the field next year. >>> Hear you guys btch and whine <<<

Actually you have that pretty much covered with about 90% of your posts.

And this is EXACTLY what you said when Moss went to the Pats right?

Actually no I was very worried about what moss would do to us and was incensed at how little they gave up to get him. Also cmon moss and chad are nowhere near in the same class nor have they ever been. Chad may still have some gas left and moss none now but since they came in the league its not even close!

But thanks for knowing what I think/thought......

So...I am going to bank on this....

The bills are 2-3 years away from being a playoff contender. The Patriots are 2-3 years away from being old and washed up. Brady is 34 now. Ocho is 33. Welker is 30. In 2-3 years, they will be old and we should be young and on the rise.

But in reality, next year they will trade Ocho for a pair of first round picks...

My first thought though...Thank god we re-signed Florence!

Oh...and if I was the guy who was wearing 85 on the Pats....Luckiest man alive

Actually no I was very worried about what moss would do to us and was incensed at how little they gave up to get him. Also cmon moss and chad are nowhere near in the same class nor have they ever been. Chad may still have some gas left and moss none now but since they came in the league its not even close!

The concern with Moss was him staying healthy, which he did. CO looks to be close to the end.

quote name='aristocrat' timestamp='1311892182' post='2197366']

how is ocho over the hill? 14 games, 12.4 aver, 67 catches with 831 yards on a bad bengals team...with welker and those te's ocho will put up huge numbers this year. they will win a lot of games but i'm not so sure about this being a "team" come january.

Ill agree about january but not about him putting up huge numbers. T.o. put up better numbers across the board than him last year in the same amount of games. As well as all of those offensive options taking touches away from him... just not sure what he has left in the tank and imho its not much.

The concern with Moss was him staying healthy, which he did. CO looks to be close to the end.

I may be wrong but I thought it was his effort on the raiders that was questioned but def agree about co appearing to be close to the end.

Did Chad ever have Tom Brady throwing him the ball?

I'd be worried if i were you.

U know what?? I'm just gonna wait and see ur reactions when Chads burning us down the field next year. Hear you guys btch and whine

I'd be more worried if NE signed a stud Olineman. Brady has shown to be very mediocre (at best) when he faces a rush, so until they can protect him like they used to, they can add all the offensive weapons they want. That's not to say we will beat them this year, but we're in better position to beat them this year than we have been in a long time.

Wow Bellichek is getting desperate now that he can't cheat.

You know I'm starting to feel the same way. His drafts have been middling and now he's bringing in washed up names. I'm starting to think Brady is carrying this team.

PTR

Yawn, not worried, desperate. So lets see ...

Franchise QB Brady with Welker, Branch, a couple decent tight ends, and now 85 versus ...

A career backup QB with Evans, Johnson and Roscoe.

And that's just on the offensive side of the ball.

Yeah, nothing to worry about there.

And in the FA competiton in the AFC East so far:

The pats pick up Haynesworth and now 85.

The fish pick up Bush.

The jets working on Asomugha and stand a good chance of getting him.

The Bills get ... Tyler Thigpen.

I know that Buddy said not to expect any splash FA signings and he is a man of his word.

But "Yawn" and "not worried"? So far you have to say that the rest of the AFC East has gotten better this week, and the Bills have not. Even if this is all in Buddys master plan, Bills fans should be at least a little concerned.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Yawn, not worried, desperate. So lets see ...

Franchise QB Brady with Welker, Branch, a couple decent tight ends, and now 85 versus ...

A career backup QB with Evans, Johnson and Roscoe.

And that's just on the offensive side of the ball.

Yeah, nothing to worry about there.

And in the FA competiton in the AFC East so far:

The pats pick up Haynesworth and now 85.

The fish pick up Bush.

The jets working on Asomugha and stand a good chance of getting him.

The Bills get ... Tyler Thigpen.

I know that Buddy said not to expect any splash FA signings and he is a man of his word.

But "Yawn" and "not worried"? So far you have to say that the rest of the AFC East has gotten better this week, and the Bills have not. Even this is all in Buddys master plan, Bills should be at least a little concerned.

The Jets won't get Asomugha, lost Brad Smith, and will lose either Edwards or Cromartie (likely Edwards since when they lose-out on Asomugha, they'll have to turn back to Cromartie). The Dols just adding Reggie Bush as option 3 after missing-out on DeAngelo Williams and Ahmad Bradshaw, and as a replacement for Ricky and Ronnie, is a downgrade. And every day that passes that Orton isn't in their camp, the more useless he becomes for the season. The Pats arguably improved, assuming these guys buck the trend of older stars busting for them.

Until Brady is done the Pats are going to be a tough team to beat, with the signing of aging big name players they are losing out on developing younger talent and taking a chance on building on the so called dynasty they have had, hopefully when Brady is done this will put them further in the hole and all these bandwagon Patriot fans will fade out.

One side of me says w/ the two TEs they got, Welker underneath, and Branch on the other side this is trouble. Another side of me says Ocho is overrated and really kind of more personality than problems for the D. All in all, I'll reserve freaking out until later. Maybe this offseason is the one where the Pats finally fall flat on their face like everyone else in the league w/ these reclamation problems!

This is trouble.

It won't really affect the Bills that much though since they are not really a contender for the division. It's really between the Jets and Pats next season and if the Jets counter by signing Asomugha then I'd say they win out on paper.

Its amazing how out of touch with reality we Bills fans seem to be. We are falling further and further behind the pack. Chad Johnson is not being brought in to New England to be an impact player. If he does not produce, it will not hurt them. He is solely a low risk, high reward player that has consistently played at a very high level over his career. And if he can make big plays with Carson Palmer, he surely will be able to improve upon that with Tom Brady. He makes the Pats better. To sit here and say that as a collective, we should not be worried is laughable. What was keeping our front office from getting a player of his calibre? Your telling me that there is no room for an potential impact player on our roster? You can only build from the draft if you have a considerable veteran presence. And you have to draft franchise players. We have neither. But we should't be worried right?

Really. Moss = one of the best ever and a 1st ballot HOFer.

OchoCinco? Not so much.

GO BILLS!!!

Really. Moss = one of the best ever and a 1st ballot HOFer.

OchoCinco? Not so much.

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure if your agreeing with me but that was what I was trying to say as well... moss was above and beyond whatever chad thought he was.

Galloway was always hurt. He lost his speed and became an average, old receiver. You sound like a Dan Snyder apologist. Laugh off Belichek's moves all you want, then look at the results.

Knowing Hindsight, I am pretty sure he is fully aware of the expected results of this move. I feel as though he was just trying to point out that not everything goes as planned. Ocho's expectations are going to be similar Galloway's who was another aging speedster at the time of his arrival in NE.

They'll play the games, and we'll see the results...the good, the bad and the ugly.