Ocho Cinco going to the Pats

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's still a good WR, this makes the Pats better.

The Bills, however, have not gotten better this off season.

Really? That's one of the most moronic posts I've read on this board (which is saying something). None of the draft picks make Buffalo better? Adding Wannstedt to the staff? Re-signing Florence? Signing Brad Smith?

Give me a break. Go read PTR's thread about typical Buffalo fan responses to everything.

Really? That's one of the most moronic posts I've read on this board (which is saying something). None of the draft picks make Buffalo better? Adding Wannstedt to the staff? Re-signing Florence? Signing Brad Smith?

Give me a break. Go read PTR's thread about typical Buffalo fan responses to everything.

Call me a moron all you want, but we say this every year.

Every year we think our draft picks are going to change the team. Every year we get worse.

Every year we think some odd FA pickups are going to change the team. Every year we get worse.

Every year we have some coaching change on some level that'll change the team. Every year we get worse.

I'm just going by trends.

I HOPE Smith is amazing. I HOPE Dareus is spectacular. I HOPE Wannstache can turn our D around.

But I certainly don't expect any of it. Look at our team compared to NE and NYJ. Can you realistically say we match up with either yet? I can't. Not unless something magical happened.

Re-signing a guy who was already on the team doesn't make it a better team (that's OBD logic). Smith is a nifty kick returner, so--maybe. Nix and Chan finally realized they didn't have DC either and brought in Wanny. Better?, possibly.

Most moronic post? It was a reasonable assesment to this point, I thought--especially given your contrary evidence. You might have mentioned the draft instead of those somewhat shaky examples.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Re-signing a guy who was already on the team doesn't make it a better team (that's OBD logic). Smith is a nifty kick returner, so--maybe. Nix and Chan finally realized they didn't have DC either and brought in Wanny. Better?, possibly.

Most moronic post? It was a reasonable assesment to this point, I thought--especially given your contrary evidence. You might have mentioned the draft instead of those somewhat shaky examples.

What part of "none of the draft picks make Buffalo better?" was difficult to comprehend?

It is absolutely moronic to make a definitive statement that the Bills "have not gotten better this offseason."

Edited by eball

What part of "none of the draft picks make Buffalo better?" was difficult to comprehend?

It is absolutely moronic to make a definitive statement that the Bills "have not gotten better this offseason."

You should have stopped there.

Moronic would be suggesting that if FAs just had a "proper welcome" amd toured the "facilities", there would be "no reason" they wouldn't come here.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Optimist in me: Ocho is washed up, aging, and injury prone

Realist: He still has a little left in the tank, realizes this is his chance to regain some of his former luster, and has Tom Brady hitting him in stride in ways Palmer and Company couldn't do in Cinci. Not saying he is going to be a stud, but he is going to be motivated, have a great QB throwing his direction, and be on a very good team.

This and Hayensworth deal both make the Patriots a better team this year, but I don't think either is tremendously relevant to the Bills chances of upsetting the Pats this year (we will rightly be underdogs in both games), or of a miracle 10-6 return to the playoffs. It does make the Pats a little older, and a little more salary-cap constrained over the next couple years.

what are the terms of the deal? How many years. I hope it constrains them to older players. Right now, "on paper", they look like the fav to win the AFC.

Brad Smith signing was MONEY. Well, he made a good bit of money off it, but with the offensive that Gailey runs, I can't wait to see him line up at WR, switch w/ Fitzpatrick on short yardage situations, and then either throw the ball far down the field, or run it, or make the D burn a time out.

You should have stopped there.

Moronic would be suggesting that if FAs just had a "proper welcome" amd toured the "facilities", there would be "no reason" they wouldn't come here.

Are you kidding me? The "in-house visit" has wooed many a player; do you dispute that?

None of the rookies have played a single NFL game, they have not improved the Bills until they do, imo. Our FA pickups are a backup QB and CJ Spiller 2.0, not really sure what you want from me.

None of the rookies have played a single NFL game, they have not improved the Bills until they do, imo. Our FA pickups are a backup QB and CJ Spiller 2.0, not really sure what you want from me.

The bills have not gotten better so far this season and the Jets and Pats have gotten significantly better. No question about that. I'm slightly optimistic about the draft, but the fact is our linebacking corps is not as good as it was last week, we haven't upgraded our offensive line, Our defensive backfield, without Whitner will be somewhat less good.

But as long as Nix and Gailey give us nine wins, I'm willing to eat my words.

The bills have not gotten better so far this season and the Jets and Pats have gotten significantly better. No question about that. I'm slightly optimistic about the draft, but the fact is our linebacking corps is not as good as it was last week, we haven't upgraded our offensive line, Our defensive backfield, without Whitner will be somewhat less good.

But as long as Nix and Gailey give us nine wins, I'm willing to eat my words.

Very much ditto.

I'll gladly eat my words, eat my foot, whatever, if we get back to being a winning franchise.

Im not even asking for 9 wins. I dont think they are at that stage yet. My personal 'goal' is 6 wins, with some continuing bright spots. Another 'apparently' good draft and we could be rolling toward the 9 win mark and beyond before long.

Are you kidding me? The "in-house visit" has wooed many a player; do you dispute that?

??

Like the guys we're going after or guys like Andra Davis? Edwards, Torbor, Ayodele?

If what you are saying is true all of the players we were allegedly going for would have waited a day to come for a visit to Buffalo.

And what about the "facilities" would woo such a player?

??

Like the guys we're going after or guys like Andra Davis? Edwards, Torbor, Ayodele?

If what you are saying is true all of the players we were allegedly going for would have waited a day to come for a visit to Buffalo.

And what about the "facilities" would woo such a player?

Normally, free agency is not condensed into a three-day "frenzy" occurring as camps are starting. Similarly, it's unprecedented for there to be a three-day "negotiating" period where no contracts are signed. It's all very unusual, and I completely understand players wanting to get their deals done and not "wait around" to go and visit teams after training camp has already begun.

Generally, teams have the opportunity to speak to players and bring them in to meet face to face. If you want to presume that doesn't mean anything, be my guest. We simply disagree.

With respect to Clabo, clearly he LIKED being in Atlanta, so anything Buffalo did was going to have to absolutely wow him. They probably offered a little bit more money, but that wasn't enough. It is certainly within the realm of possibility that if we were operating under a "normal" period of free agency the Bills could have brought him in to talk to Gailey, the OL coach, etc., and even bring his wife up to look at the area. Would it have made a difference? Who knows.

He's still a good WR, this makes the Pats better.

The Bills, however, have not gotten better this off season.

I agree in both statements. Ocho is another disgruntled Bengal who Belicheat brings in, just like Corey Dillon and will get some really good years and probably another Lombardi Trophy. As far as the Bills, they have signed a backup quarterback with a 1-11 career record and a part time wide receiver/special teams player, who should be more of a luxury for a good team, not a key piece of a bad team like Buffalo. They are slipping farther and farther into last place in the AFC East, with the other teams getting better (not like NE and NYJ had to get better to be way ahead of us).

Normally, free agency is not condensed into a three-day "frenzy" occurring as camps are starting. Similarly, it's unprecedented for there to be a three-day "negotiating" period where no contracts are signed. It's all very unusual, and I completely understand players wanting to get their deals done and not "wait around" to go and visit teams after training camp has already begun.

Generally, teams have the opportunity to speak to players and bring them in to meet face to face. If you want to presume that doesn't mean anything, be my guest. We simply disagree.

With respect to Clabo, clearly he LIKED being in Atlanta, so anything Buffalo did was going to have to absolutely wow him. They probably offered a little bit more money, but that wasn't enough. It is certainly within the realm of possibility that if we were operating under a "normal" period of free agency the Bills could have brought him in to talk to Gailey, the OL coach, etc., and even bring his wife up to look at the area. Would it have made a difference? Who knows.

I agree to that concession.

"wooed many a player" (we are talking about the Bills) cannot be substantiated, however.

That can be said for any really good free agent, they are going to have to wow him to get him to come to Buffalo. So why didn't they wow him? They certainly have the cap space, or are they going to spend it on another part time player, instead of one of the most vital positions on the team.

I agree to that concession.

"wooed many a player" (we are talking about the Bills) cannot be substantiated, however.

I wasn't restricting that comment to the Bills, but about free agency in general.

I agree in both statements. Ocho is another disgruntled Bengal who Belicheat brings in, just like Corey Dillon and will get some really good years and probably another Lombardi Trophy. As far as the Bills, they have signed a backup quarterback with a 1-11 career record and a part time wide receiver/special teams player, who should be more of a luxury for a good team, not a key piece of a bad team like Buffalo. They are slipping farther and farther into last place in the AFC East, with the other teams getting better (not like NE and NYJ had to get better to be way ahead of us).

It's a hell of a lot easier to root for the Pats*, isn't it? Gotta love the Jets' chances as well. If only Miami could sign a decent QB.

GO BILLS!!!