The Sabres are casting a long shadow

Scrappy

Terry Pegula has sent a shadow that covers OP / the Bills that will be difficult to get out from under. It actually shows that people who want to field talent & love their team pay to bring in it in. I am really saddened by how the Bills have went down hill the past ten years & feel the time to call out Ralph is right now.

Step up & make the last years of your life something to remember, open your wallet not your ~century old mouth. If you can't handle the payment, step away & sell it to a local that can.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry Pegula has sent a shadow that covers OP / the Bills that will be difficult to get out from under. It actually shows that people who want to field talent & love their team pay to bring in it in. I am really saddened by how the Bills have went down hill the past ten years & feel the time to call out Ralph is right now.

Step up & make the last years of your life something to remember, open your wallet not your ~century old mouth. If you can't handle the payment, step away & sell it to a local that can.

People have been doing this the past 10 years.

People say it's the money factor of when he dies...that his family will sell to the highest bidder. Overall, he could sell right now for almost the exact amount he would get if he passed on!

I honestly think Ralph Jr. wants to go out owning this team...and after his death it will emerge.... the team will be sold to the highest bidder---who wants to keep the Bills in Buffalo...and won't be sold to the highest bidder overall!

well said !, sick of the "small market" complaining..sell the team then.

The NHL is small potatoes compared to the NFL. And unlike football players, hockey players (who play on ice) don't really care too much where they play.

As for the Sabres specifically, they did extremely well under Golisano, who was basically a caretaker owner who didn't spend a lot on the team. And in the NHL, 16 out of 30 teams make the playoffs, meaning it's harder to miss them than make them. So while it's great that Pegs is spending money, it means little unless the Sabres win championships. Hopefully they do that, and if they do, we can revisit this again.

The NHL is small potatoes compared to the NFL. And unlike football players, hockey players (who play on ice) don't really care too much where they play.

As for the Sabres specifically, they did extremely well under Golisano, who was basically a caretaker owner who didn't spend a lot on the team. And in the NHL, 16 out of 30 teams make the playoffs, meaning it's harder to miss them than make them. So while it's great that Pegs is spending money, it means little unless the Sabres win championships. Hopefully they do that, and if they do, we can revisit this again.

Don't stop Scrappy; he's on a roll. I can just imagine how upset Ralph must have been when he got up this morning and read the original post in this thread. Here's hoping Scrappy's strategy works.

If your referring to where their home ice is, being that its an enclosed building, I understand, but if your saying ice is ice no matter where you play then you're dead wrong.

Agreed. You can't take your money to the grave. But in economically depressed WNY outside of Pegula just who is there? Please don't say Golisano- we saw how he ran the sabres.

People say it's the money factor of when he dies...that his family will sell to the highest bidder. Overall, he could sell right now for almost the exact amount he would get if he passed on!

I honestly think Ralph Jr. wants to go out owning this team...and after his death it will emerge.... the team will be sold to the highest bidder---who wants to keep the Bills in Buffalo...and won't be sold to the highest bidder overall!

Excellent angle I never thought of. That would leave quite a legacy for Mr. Wilson. I hope your right.

Sadly, this thread echos many statements made by me and other people on this board, but for some reason there is a tremendous amount of support around here that will disagree and say you should be so lucky to even have the team still, and that you should be thanking him for keeping the team in WNY all these years.

It's funny I was literally thinking exactly what the OP said this morning, and how it feels like the wheels at one bills drive are stuck in the mud, but not at T-Pegville.

Remember a couple of years back when the then Tampa Bay Rays won the World Series ?? It can be done with out breaking the bank or mortgaging the future !! You have to remember the economics of the area too .

Buffalo is not Dallas or Fla. where you can charge an arm & a leg for tickets & actually price your team right out of the region because you bring in all these high priced athletes that you in all reality can't afford to pay for so you then have to move in order to support them & the team .

I believe in the direction our team is headed & the powers that be will work with in the economic parameters in order to make the Bills viable not only in the NFL but in Western NY as well , keep it going Ralph --- GO BILLS !!!

There are better ways to build a team than mortgaging every thing you got just to stroke your own ego like say a jack ass like Jerry Jones !!

1.3 billion for a stadium really ??? :blink: What the heck are you thinking ??? :doh:

Edited by T master

Remember a couple of years back when the then Tampa Bay Rays won the World Series ?? It can be done with out breaking the bank or mortgaging the future !! You have to remember the economics of the area too .

Buffalo is not Dallas or Fla. where you can charge an arm & a leg for tickets & actually price your team right out of the region because you bring in all these high priced athletes that you in all reality can't afford to pay for so you then have to move in order to support them & the team .

I believe in the direction our team is headed & the powers that be will work with in the economic parameters in order to make the Bills viable not only in the NFL but in Western NY as well , keep it going Ralph --- GO BILLS !!!

There are better ways to build a team than mortgaging every thing you got just to stroke your own ego like say a jack ass like Jerry Jones !!

1.3 billion for a stadium really ??? :blink: What the heck are you thinking ??? :doh:

Tampa never won the World Series.

tampa never won the world series, they got to it, mostly because the yankees didn't make the playoffs that year. You still need to invest in your team...or at least have good drafts

Maybe you meant the Marlins, who did it twice for real cheap--and they didn't even exist 5 years before they won. As for FLA, they can't charge an arm and a leg for tickets---no one goes to MArlins and Rays games. Both stadiums are nearly empty.

I don't see how Jones's stadium is going to prevent him from spending to the cap.

The economics speech was only believed by people who are zombies & followers, it's all based on the owners economic model. Pegula came back from out of state with Billions in his hands & is paying to improve the conditions inside HSBC. He paid top dollar for the team & is paying the players with upfront loaded contracts over long periods for cap sake. The Sabres already had solid coaching in place & a solid management system to work inside.

The Bills have management that is suspect at best, a coach with little or no winning experience & a stadium that is quite old / in need of remodeling. We currently lack the talent to win over half our games on next year's schedule & have had 10 seasons of no playoffs, which tells me the current model is broke. Please don't give me a speech about baseball miracle teams that win one year, that doesn't happen that often in the NFL. It takes years of building & working to even see some type of results but moreover it takes a financial commitment from the owner to pay. Ralph will not pay anymore & will cut every corner he can in the name of profit, that is been proven year in / out.

PS The Rays might win it this year but have no cigars yet.

Sadly, this thread echos many statements made by me and other people on this board, but for some reason there is a tremendous amount of support around here that will disagree and say you should be so lucky to even have the team still, and that you should be thanking him for keeping the team in WNY all these years.

It's funny I was literally thinking exactly what the OP said this morning, and how it feels like the wheels at one bills drive are stuck in the mud, but not at T-Pegville.

I woke up & wrote this, it's a story you'll see later this year & can come back to realize that this is how it's played out. I hate to be the bearer of bad news on the Bills front but at least I have something to look forward to out of the Sabres. The Sabres had a good mousetrap & have worked to make it better, as a fan that's all I can ask for.

Edited by Scrappy

Maybe you meant the Marlins, who did it twice for real cheap--and they didn't even exist 5 years before they won. As for FLA, they can't charge an arm and a leg for tickets---no one goes to MArlins and Rays games. Both stadiums are nearly empty.

I don't see how Jones's stadium is going to prevent him from spending to the cap.

The Marlins have always drafted very well. They had excellent young players mixed in with some crafty veterans who clicked at the right time when they won the World Series...Then they traded their best players away...

It still kills me that cities like Tampa have championships: a Stanley Cup and Lombardi Trophy...Same with Carolina, Anaheim, and Arizona-World Series and cups...ugh.

It's exciting that the Sabres are doing what they are doing. But it doesn't mean crap at this point. Fans, with their hot pocket mentality, fail to always see the big picture.

The Redskins spent a ton of money. What has that gotten them? The Pack & Steelers rarely spend big money on FAs. It's not exciting but good teams build their teams through the draft. The reason the Bills haven't been in the playoffs is because they have sucked at drafting, not because they don't spend a ton of money on FAs.

It's exciting that the Sabres are doing what they are doing. But it doesn't mean crap at this point. Fans, with their hot pocket mentality, fail to always see the big picture.

The Redskins spent a ton of money. What has that gotten them? The Pack & Steelers rarely spend big money on FAs. It's not exciting but good teams build their teams through the draft. The reason the Bills haven't been in the playoffs is because they have sucked at drafting, not because they don't spend a ton of money on FAs.

I remember the Skins beating us in a Superbowl & making the playoffs a few time in the past 10 years. We have stunk the place up & really fell down last season.

I remember the Skins beating us in a Superbowl & making the playoffs a few time in the past 10 years. We have stunk the place up & really fell down last season.

Huh? That was way before Snyder owned the team & the skins built their team through the draft.

Free Agency is fools gold.