Hockey Riots in Vancouver

DaveinElma

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell have they done to earn all this success?

Run competent franchises?

Here's a fun tidbit for Boston haters: The major Boston team with the longest current title 'drought' is now the Pats*.

have i mentioned how much I HAAAAATE boston?

1) Full of M!@#$s

2) Patriots

3) Red Sux

What the hell have they done to earn all this success?

They'll always play 2nd fiddle to NYC, so championships is their equalizer.

And Vancouver didn't deserve to win. Eight goals in 7 games and you riot after it all?

What time is it in Vancouver? Twenty past Luongo. :lol:

When this series started, I was cheering for Vancouver all the way. Couldnt imagine wanting a Boston team to win.

By the end of Game 2, I was starting to dislike the Canucks team and the way they played.

By the end of the game last night, I was happy that Vancouver lost. And now after seeing how their team played, and how their fans acted at the game, and now after the game... Eff Vancouver. What a bunch of bratty a-holes.

Run competent franchises?

Here's a fun tidbit for Boston haters: The major Boston team with the longest current title 'drought' is now the Pats*.

Yes, discussing this on ESPN Radio this morning (M&M), all four of the Boston proteams have won a title in the span of 8 years! :blink: Pretty amazing. Factoring all the teams that have a team in all the major sports, I believe they said, New York teams accomplished this the next quickest, in the span of 12 years...but keep in mind, New York has 7 pro teams.

I love the Celtics, and hate all the other Boston area teams...but I have no love for Vancouver either. Last night's game was pretty dull, considering what was at stake. As the game wore on, I found myelf pulling for Boston, of all things...call me nuts, but being a Bills fan, and a Sabres fan, I kind of prefer to see our traditional rivals (Dolphins, Bruins, Flyers, etc) play relevant games, while fanatacizing that the Bills and Sabres will be relevant again, too. As much as I wanted to get behind Vancouver (beautiful city and all), there is little about that team that I liked.

Edited by Buftex

When this series started, I was cheering for Vancouver all the way. Couldnt imagine wanting a Boston team to win.

By the end of Game 2, I was starting to dislike the Canucks team and the way they played.

By the end of the game last night, I was happy that Vancouver lost. And now after seeing how their team played, and how their fans acted at the game, and now after the game... Eff Vancouver. What a bunch of bratty a-holes.

Funny, I felt the exact same way watching this series. I didn't realize what an unlikeable team Vancouver had.

buncha suburban, entitled yahoos giving a black eye to a pretty city, a nation and the nation's national sport. sad, but not surprised given they did the same in 1994 after losing to the Rangers. this is the ugly side of Canadians. spoiled brats.

It happens a lot of places. Except for Japan.

Funny, I felt the exact same way watching this series. I didn't realize what an unlikeable team Vancouver had.

Me neither. Thought they were playing good hockey out there. Turned out they are a bunch of cheap, diving punks. If I had to watch one more Canuck flail their arms and head when they barely got touched, Id burn down the city myself.

It started with the biting, and it was really the hit on Horton that began the turn for me.

The Bruins deserved the Cup. (Ugh)

Me neither. Thought they were playing good hockey out there. Turned out they are a bunch of cheap, diving punks. If I had to watch one more Canuck flail their arms and head when they barely got touched, Id burn down the city myself.

It started with the biting, and it was really the hit on Horton that began the turn for me.

I only saw the end of the game and the celebration, and Horton was dressed. Did he actually play?

Gotta say, when the playoffs started, the Bruins were the team that sacred me the most in the East, as far as the Sabres go.

Although the last game didn't live up to the rest of the series, could there have been a more dramatic playoff run for one team, than what the Bruins just did?

It happens a lot of places. Except for Japan.

i'm partial to Vancouver, having spent 12 years of my life living there. and those actions by a bunch of numbskulls last night is further proof that Canadians can be as ugly and stupid as anyone, and that any claim to cultural superiority -- a smug belief that resonates among many Canuckleheads -- is pure blind bravado.

Canada has a lot of good things going for it, but it is far from a perfect land, and easily and eagerly capable of writhing in the filth of foolishness at a moment's notice, as blatantly evidenced last night.

shameful.

jw