The Incredible Hulk

Look, I get it. You don't like what Dareus said. Doesn't change the fact he's just having fun and is obviously confident. I suppose you'd prefer for every player to just keep quiet and only show their stuff on the field. Well, it ain't the 50s anymore.

And those guys were hardy humble little alter boys. It's simply that the press gave them much more privacy. So if they were out drinking the night before the game and getting into bar fights, well... thats just what those kooky football players do! But nowadays, thanks to the internet, everyone is informed so everyone thinks they are a critic (read: hater).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he has to prove it but the Nix picks have an attitude you have to love!

Moats has it ... Carrington appears to have it ... This year's late round picks have it and so does HULK!

Most of us know that Dareus will have things to learn and NFL ol will teach him some things but one thing I am sure of ... No reporter will ever print a story saying that he looks like a wide receiver!

Guys....this is a whole lot about nothing and writers are trying to find things to write about as no football is being played.....

Nothing to see here....move along folks move along...:)

Yep, this is nothing more than a product of the 24 hour news stations. Doesnt say anything about Dareus that we didnt already know. He's a class act that LOVES to play football.

I don't know.....a rookie telling the vets to call him the Incredible Hulk?

Besides, nicknames are given, not taken.

I guess we'll have to see if nicknames are given or taken. I'd bet that you're wrong, and that he just took it.

Make a play in the NFL before giving yourself a nickname. I really hope this guy lives up to all the hype because clearly it's getting to his head. Just sayin'

You don't like that he gave himself a nickname and that he says he going to dominate.... Awesome post.

I hear Maybin likes to be called Wonder Woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would imply some kind of wonder. I'm not buying it.

As for Dareus and The Hulk...I love it. From everything I've seen so far, I don't think he's cocky - I think he's just a kid (he's 21, for crying out loud) who's extremely excited about his future and is having a little fun getting into the spirit of the game. If he gets out there and sucks completely...oh well. But I'd rather assume that he's going to be awesome and let me prove me otherwise, instead of expecting him to suck. Where's the fun in that?

Look, I get it. You don't like what Dareus said. Doesn't change the fact he's just having fun and is obviously confident. I suppose you'd prefer for every player to just keep quiet and only show their stuff on the field. Well, it ain't the 50s anymore.

Obvioulsy I would like a player to show his stuff on the field. This kid is a great pick and may be the real deal. Confidence is a powerful weapon.

But for a guy who hasn't been stood up yet by an opposing offense in the NFL to declare that he is henceforth to be know as the Incredible Hulk--and that his team mates are to refer to him as that during games is a bit much at this point. This is not the 50's but the 10's, where everyone is a self-proclaimed, self-promoted winner. He's already said he's out to get Carolina and Denver for not picking him (he doesn't like Buffalo or he doesn't understand the draft?). I am struggling to recall all of the distant past or recent great D-linemen in the NFL who made such a claim before playing a down (or even signing a rookie contract).

HULK SMASH!!! :wallbash:

...crouches slightly to one side, cups ear with one hand while waving 'bring it on' with the other, slowly rotates... :worthy:

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

But for a guy who hasn't been stood up yet by an opposing offense in the NFL to declare that he is henceforth to be know as the Incredible Hulk--and that his team mates are to refer to him as that during games is a bit much at this point. This is not the 50's but the 10's, where everyone is a self-proclaimed, self-promoted winner. He's already said he's out to get Carolina and Denver for not picking him (he doesn't like Buffalo or he doesn't understand the draft?). I am struggling to recall all of the distant past or recent great D-linemen in the NFL who made such a claim before playing a down (or even signing a rookie contract).

Everything I've seen, heard, or read about Dareus speaks to his high character, kindness, and affable demeanor. We'll just agree to disagree here, because this is nothing more than a kid having fun and motivating himself. The Hulk thing is obviously not new, because I've seen Dareus make a Hulk pose after plays in many of the clips I've seen. And notice he said, "I HOPE they call me Hulk." It was not some sort of demand.

Much ado about nothing, Mr. WEO.