Tim Hasselback said....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why anyone would B word about a talking head commenting that the Buffalo Bills have been a crappy team for the past 11 years.

It's a fact. Get over it. We hope it's going to change.

Edited by eball

Buffalo consistently outdraws Oakland and makes more money. If win-loss and championship success are the only criteria, then the Cubs should be sent packing from MLB. And the Saints would have been demoted decades ago (there's still talk about moving them). And half the NHL could be removed, along with a fair number of NBA teams.

As to Hassle-back's powers of analysis and insight, look no further than the wife he chose.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Look at attendance: The Bills have stunk - true, but the amazing thing is that the fans still support them and usually fill up the Ralph. Imagine if they actually started being more competitive?

NFL Toronto is a joke and I have never liked the Bills FO flirting with that city or playing games there. They can't sell me the whole regionalization thing with Toronto. There are enough Bills fans in Ontario that cross the PB to catch games right where they should be in Buffalo.

It is always nice to see your team constantly thrown out there by the pundits for every expansion talk. If you can believe Goodell, he adamantly opposes moving the Bills.

Winning will make this go away!

I remember growing up and listening to people bash...

Chargers- until their Super Bowl run with Natrone Means & Stan Humphries...

Jets- during 80's up until Parcells and Testeverde...

Colts- from Unitas last game in the blue and white...up until Manning

I could go on, but what do they have now--what the Bills have?

They've turned it around through the draft & That's what were doing with Nix...Lets Go Buffalo!

Tim Hasselback, seriously? I honestly don't know how people can still watch ESPN.

Over the years, every now and then I'll turn to it only to quickly realize how stupid the people are on it and flip to another channel.

The last time I regularly watched ESPN was back in the 90s.

And a relatively new Lombardi Trophy to go with an All-Pro quarterback.

I am not saying what you are saying is incorrect, but for most of if not all of Winfield's career, 4 teams made the playoffs in the entire Major Leagues, not one third of the teams like in the NFL.

I understand your point with baseball. My point was that the Padres before 1984 and the Yankees during their 80s swoon were about 3,000 miles away from the playoffs. They weren't just mediocre teams, but bad teams. While the Pirates have missed the playoffs since 1992, they are hardly the only team that's been that bad for stretches, missing the playoffs, Dave Winfield, like the Nationals (1981) and Royals (1985).

On sportcenter a moment ago, if there was one NFL team to be relegated to the "minor leagues", it should be the buffalo bills. He stated their record over the past 11 years, the fact they dont even play all their home games in buffalo and that there's currently no buzz whatsoever regarding the bills.

whatever :doh::o

What makes our current state better than any of those 3?

Not current state. But those three teams have had it just as bad the past 10 years (besides last year).

If you want to talk about current state... there are probably even more teams worse off than us. Carolina, washington, denver, Arizona, to name a few.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

You can't blame the fans at all. They support the team even when there isn't much to support. I can't see this organization being minor league in that regard (As oppose to Jacksonville whose fans don't support a winning product).

As far as on the field goes its hard to argue the point. This team hasn't made the playoffs in a decade+. They haven't been knocking on the door in a long time either. BUT for the Bills winning seems to be what will turn things around. If the Bills go 10-6 next season and make the playoffs than suddenly the jokes about the Bills are farther and farther between.

Hell if the Bills over the next 4 seasons go 8-8, 10-6, 11-5, and 12-4 almost all the Bills are bush league jokes will stop. Winning cures everything.

On sportcenter a moment ago, if there was one NFL team to be relegated to the "minor leagues", it should be the buffalo bills.

Why were they even having this conversation? Did they follow it up with a discussion on whether or not a unicorn would qualify to run the Kentucky Derby? This lockout bull**** has to end soon. These "reports" are growing worse by the day.

A big so-what to ESPN. The fortunes of teams are in the shape of circles. Just some teams have a longer circle between good, mediocre and bad.

At one time, the Heat, Yankees and Patriots were the worst in their respective sports.

Hell, Dave Winfield's San Diego Padres finished no better than 4th from 1969 to 1984. He was also part of a crappy Yankees era in which they missed the playoffs 11 years in a row, eight of which while he was in NY.

Didnt the Padres go to The World Series in 1984? How can you finish 4th and win a pennant?

On sportcenter a moment ago, if there was one NFL team to be relegated to the "minor leagues", it should be the buffalo bills. He stated their record over the past 11 years, the fact they dont even play all their home games in buffalo and that there's currently no buzz whatsoever regarding the bills. Steve Broussard said that Toronto raptors should be the team in the NBA and Dave Winfield said the Pittsburgh Pirates in baseball.

I've always hated Hasselback. Now I hate him more. If figured there was a chance we'd be the team he chose, but I just hate hearing it. Not there is a minor league, but elimination or relocation would he the alternate. It would be like losing a family member....maybe even worse.

Bills have been utter garbage for the past 11 years, and honestly -the product wasnt ever NFL Caliber-They should have had their charter revoked at times, but as bad as they are, they have always been and will always draw more interest nationally than Jacksonville, St Louis, and Carolina. What about San Fran? When was the last time they did anything?

Anyhow, Buffalo has a big fan base-top ten for sure. Once you leave Buffalo and step back you can see which teams have rabid fan bases-Buffalo is right up there.

Hasselbeck is a really ugly guy,ESPN 3rd stringer at best, married to a hot girl-who happens to be a total B word. She must make life intolerable. He failed in the NFL and has a job because his wife is a reality tv star-You think he'd be on ESPN otherwise? Doubtful....

Edited by BuffaloWest

He must be bitter about the time we beat him. Oh wait, he was never good enough to be a starter so we never got a chance to beat him. So he's bitter about the times we whooped his brother:

2004: Buffalo 38 Seatle 9

2008: Buffalo 34 Seattle 10

He must be bitter about the time we beat him. Oh wait, he was never good enough to be a starter so we never got a chance to beat him. So he's bitter about the times we whooped his brother:

2004: Buffalo 38 Seatle 9

2008: Buffalo 34 Seattle 10

Clearly. I bet that's why he picked the bills. I see no other reason.