• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

Also, The Big Kahuna (An obscure gem)

Clerks

Suburbia

Tombstone

Kingpin

All great movies.. lobe Big Kahuna..saw Suburbia when it was just starting out at Arena Stage in washington..was surprised they made a movie of it.

Like Clerks, think Dogma gas great qoutes as well.

Must say partial to princess Bride

I don't know how we are three pages in now, and nobody has mentioned Anchorman.

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

"60% of the time, it works every time."

"You stay classy San Diego"

Caddyshack

+1

I actually had my wedding reception where they filmed all of the golf scenes. Used to be called Rolling Hills now its Grande Oaks. Beautiful track. You can imagine the quotes being thrown out that night.

Edited by BUFFALOTONE

+1

I actually had my wedding reception where they filmed all of the golf scenes. Used to be called Rolling Hills now its Grande Oaks. Beautiful track. You can imagine the quotes being thrown out that night.

"We're all gonna get laid tonite!"

I'll go with Caddyshack too. I go to college hockey games out here and there's a defenseman named Noonan. I'm praying for the day that he gets a penalty shot.

Pulp Fiction deserves a nod

'Royale with cheese'

'Bring out the gimp'

'You hear me hillbilly boy? I'm gonna get medieval on your @ss'

'sh*t yeah, i don't be ticklin or nothin'

'Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead'

'It's the one that says Bad Motherf*cker'

edit: nice dickleyjones, i was editing my post and wondered if someone was gonna post this one in the meantime

Edited by coloradobillsfan

Some of the choices here make me wonder if some of you know what "quotable" means. Caddyshack is quotable...I can go up to anyone and say "so I got that goin' for me, which is nice", and it immediately establishes context and gets a laugh. Airplane's even one better: you quote it, and you can get OTHER people to quote it.

Tombstone? I'm the only one I know who quotes Tombstone ("I'm your huckleberry..."), and I get strange looks because I'm the only one I know who quotes Tombstone. And Kingpin? Who the hell quotes Kingpin?

What about Tombstone? I can pretty much quote every line in that movie.

So can I. I can also quote every line in Flash Gordon. But why would I?

As opposed to Airplane or Caddyshack, where I could probably find numerous occasions a day to quote them. Hell, I could shout "It's in the hole! It's in the hole!" right now, and people would recognize the quote and know what I was saying.

Some of the choices here make me wonder if some of you know what "quotable" means. Caddyshack is quotable...I can go up to anyone and say "so I got that goin' for me, which is nice", and it immediately establishes context and gets a laugh. Airplane's even one better: you quote it, and you can get OTHER people to quote it.

Tombstone? I'm the only one I know who quotes Tombstone ("I'm your huckleberry..."), and I get strange looks because I'm the only one I know who quotes Tombstone. And Kingpin? Who the hell quotes Kingpin?

A few notables from each of the one's you mentioned:

Tombstone: "Does this mean we're not friends? Because if we weren't friends, I don't think I could bear it."

And everyone knows "I'm your Huckleberry". It's become so trite I don't use it any longer, but was great at one time.

"You look like someone just walked over your grave"

Kingpin: "You know what Jesus says about not forgiving people?"..."He's against it"

"Who the hell are you, Alfred Einstein?"

"You need two hair dos for most of the outfits you're wearing"

And I used to use a variation of the "don't you need a coach, a friend, someone who's going to support you and be there for you no matter what..." on sales calls. Sounds crazy I know. It works.

There are a few other situational lines and phrases from both that I'll use on occasion. I may not get OTHER people to quote it, but F*CK other people.

I just remembered two others (and I'll give an example from each)

As Good As It Gets - "People who speak in metaphors should shampoo my crotch"

Quick Change - "I want to thank you. You could have given us help, but you've given us so much more"

I'm sure I could find a half dozen memorable lines from Quick Change, I'll have to check it out again.

Edited by Rob's House

So can I. I can also quote every line in Flash Gordon. But why would I?

As opposed to Airplane or Caddyshack, where I could probably find numerous occasions a day to quote them. Hell, I could shout "It's in the hole! It's in the hole!" right now, and people would recognize the quote and know what I was saying.

I agree, Tom. This thread went off the tracks on at least the last page. Somebody even listed what they called an obscure movie. Then how is that quotable?

Airplane, Caddyshack and Casablanca have to be the top three, I think. Not quotes you like from some obscure movie that nobody else knows.

I agree, Tom. This thread went off the tracks on at least the last page. Somebody even listed what they called an obscure movie. Then how is that quotable?

Airplane, Caddyshack and Casablanca have to be the top three, I think. Not quotes you like from some obscure movie that nobody else knows.

A great quote is a great quote, regardless of it's source or your familiarity with it. If "quotable" is defined by how widely recognizable a quote is, then no, an obscure movie would not fit the bill.

Most people don't know where my Lebowski quotes come from, but they're still pertinent to a lot of situations and often get a laugh anyway.