white house keeps spinning Bin Laden

Let me start by saying that I am so pumped that we got Bin Laden. But what is up with all the spinning? How does it go from Bin Laden shielded himself with his wife, and went down shooting, everyone dead- now they say one wife lived, bin laden was unarmed, and he didnt shield himself with his wife. The spokes person said that we wanted to take him alive, but the fact that Bin Laden went down shooting gave them no chance to take him. What the !@#$ is going on? They are lying threw their teeth. The night the news broke Fox had a story online that Bin Laden was killed a week ago by a drone, and they were waiting a week for DNA confirmation. What the !@#$? Can't the government be straight with us?

How does this make America look to the rest of the world?

They lied about Jessica Lynch. And they lied about Pat Tillman. Stop the propaganda and be straight with us

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Obama youre talking about.

I am saying that our government continually lies to us and feeds us propaganda. It makes us look bad to the rest of the world and destroys our credibility. Lying is US government policy and has been for some time. Look at gulf of Tonkin. Just be straight with us

Let me start by saying that I am so pumped that we got Bin Laden. But what is up with all the spinning? How does it go from Bin Laden shielded himself with his wife, and went down shooting, everyone dead- now they say one wife lived, bin laden was unarmed, and he didnt shield himself with his wife. The spokes person said that we wanted to take him alive, but the fact that Bin Laden went down shooting gave them no chance to take him. What the !@#$ is going on? They are lying threw their teeth. The night the news broke Fox had a story online that Bin Laden was killed a week ago by a drone, and they were waiting a week for DNA confirmation. What the !@#$? Can't the government be straight with us?

They lied about Jessica Lynch. And they lied about Pat Tillman. Stop the propaganda and be straight with us

Simple: they made statements based on their initial impressions of the action as they witnessed it half a world away, and are finding the after-action reports are different. First reports are always inaccurate. Always.

And don't read too much into an online Fox News report; they've been making **** up for years. Osama'd be dead eight times over if they were accurate.

The story is now "Tough Navy Seals shoot woman and unarmed man." Well done SEALS.

Were they lying and injured on those mattresses? If that's the case, then shame on the Seals for dishonoring the country.

I said this another thread: the initial report was read from script which specified the following:

- this was a surgical mission carried out with extreme precision

- no women, children and casualties are said to have died

- if any of the above die, it is to be reported as Bin Laden was using them as a shield

- OBL was armed and firing at the seals and hence killing him was the only option

- his body was buried at sea in respect of Muslim teachings

Not saying I'm upset with how it actually went down, nonetheless all of the above are failing under scrutiny.

But I do share your frustration at the continued double speak of our government.

The al-Qaeda leader was not armed when United States Special Forces stormed his compound in Pakistan but he did resist before he was shot, White House spokesman Jay Carney said on Tuesday.

Were they lying and injured on those mattresses? If that's the case, then shame on the Seals for dishonoring the country.

Would you like to meet some SEALs and ask them if they shoot unarmed people that asleep? In other words shut your mouth if you do not know what you are talking about.

Pete- I understand your frustration, it is not like a story was told, someone did a little poking around, and then a new story was told, as in the Tillman and Lynch cases. The WH released details, which most assumed were true, and also, less than 24 hrs later, retracted and corrected some of the details of the narrative, on their own...it is likely that many details will never be known...because they can't be known by anyone, other than the men who were there.

Edited by Buftex

Add in the BP spill and releasing numbers they knew to be wrong.

You know... we're really not far off from Orwell's "1984."

Add in the BP spill and releasing numbers they knew to be wrong.

You know... we're really not far off from Orwell's "1984."

I can't tell if my sarcasm detector is working correctly.

Pete- I understand your frustration, it is not like a story was told, someone did a little poking around, and then a new story was told, as in the Tillman and Lynch cases. The WH released details, which most assumed were true, and also, less than 24 hrs later, retracted and corrected some of the details of the narrative, on their own...it is likely that many details will never be known...because they can't be known by anyone, other than the men who were there.

A story was told by US officials at press conferences, including Obama. Pieces of that story have been retracted or modified under logical and factual scrutiny. Do you really think it's coincidence that all the revisions have shown the operation in a less favorable light?

Seems factually accurate.

I'm okay with it.

I'm quite comfortable with it...shame it didn't happen sooner.

you're right... we should have read him his miranda rights... /sarcasm. :wallbash:

The only thing I am holding out a shread of hope for is that this was in fact the case and this raid/predator strike happened before the govt. claims and we secured intelligence after his death that was just GOLD and we have been following up leads and exploiting the intel before we went public with Osamas death. If Osama was in fact killed weeks ago i'm fine with it as long as the Govt./ Mil. have been using this time to chase down leads and follow up on the intel they gained before it was compromised by announcing the raid

I think this is a symptom of the 24 hr news world. The people in the situation room at the white house all saw the same thing, but each of them left with their idea of what happened and started telling poeple what they thought they saw.

This is really more a lack of discipline than an out right attempt to confuse us.